TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-20-2013, 07:51 AM   #1
Alfer
WOOSAH!

Body of Proof: Abducted Part 1- Spoilers

I'm sure this show isn't top of most folks watch list, it's one of those amusing filler shows for us.

I just posted mainly to say how I thought it was amusing that ABC has opted to use the classic old "To be continued " trick this week with both Castle and this show. Not to mention both are using the "they took my child!!" hook as well.

The show is still entertaining enough to keep watching.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:38 AM   #2
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfer View Post
I just posted mainly to say how I thought it was amusing that ABC has opted to use the classic old "To be continued " trick this week with both Castle and this show.
That's because we're in the middle of February sweeps (although this has been an oddly lackluster sweeps period overall).

Even though they primarily only do one-week diaries, I'd bet that one thing Nielsen measures and reports on is week-to-week retention, and what better way to do that than with a two-part episode.
LoadStar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:47 AM   #3
Alfer
WOOSAH!

I guess it's amusing that it's the season premier and they already had to jump right to the cliffhanger on day 1.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:30 AM   #4
MikeCC
TiVotee

The thing that I noticed was the copyright year for this ep (yeah it was otherwise so ordinary...): 2012.

Just how many ABC shows had to die before they brought back this ho-hum whodunit.

I think I like the daughter the best. She seems most at ease in her role. Mark Valley? Same square jawed Alpha male as every damn role he tries, and not a good replacement for John Carroll Lynch.

The "sexual tension" between Delany and Valley seems too cliched, and doesn't yet seem believeable. I don't see it.

Jeri Ryan is still playing every role as a marginally warmer Seven-of-Nine. Come on Jeri... there's understated, and then there's wooden.

Oh well. I give this another ep or two before writing it off.

Alfer, I was amused by the two parter to start their season, as well. I was much more drawn into Castle's daughter-aduction storyline... maybe because I like those characters much more.
MikeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:42 AM   #5
eddyj

I thought this had been canceled. Hasn't it been like a year since the last season? I didn't even remember what had happened in the season finale. Most shows cannot survive hiatuses like this.

Even after watching this episode, I can't remember the finale.
eddyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:51 PM   #6
Alfer
WOOSAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyj View Post
I thought this had been canceled. Hasn't it been like a year since the last season? I didn't even remember what had happened in the season finale. Most shows cannot survive hiatuses like this.

Almost. Season 2 ended April 2012.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:01 PM   #7
TIVO_GUY_HERE
I miss the ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCC View Post
I was much more drawn into Castle's daughter-aduction storyline... maybe because I like those characters much more.

TIVO_GUY_HERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:54 PM   #8
BrandonRe

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyj View Post

This. I can't recall what happened, but I do remember enjoying the original version of the show more than this reboot. I will likely watch a couple more episodes to see if it finds traction with me, but I'll likely drop it in a couple weeks.
BrandonRe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:29 PM   #9
SNJpage1

I was really disappointed in the show. The two new cops are really bad and her attitude is really bad. She is starting to remind me of Sue on Glee. Mean just to be mean. I also dont like the idea that they start off with a two parter with the same thing about a daughter getting kidnapped as on Castle. I don't see this show getting renewed again.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:36 PM   #10
Alfer
WOOSAH!

Another thing that makes me chuckle about this show is how she is dressed like she's going out on the town in her 10" pumps and tight skirt whenever she does ANYTHING. And like last night, they discover the mystery operating warehouse and she just saunters in without a care in the world looking around and making all kinds of noise with her high heels while her cop buddies are trying to sneak in and secure the place.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:39 PM   #11
laria
Librocubicularist

Was not expecting to read spoilers for Castle in this Body of Proof thread.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:39 AM   #12
eddyj

Quote:
Originally Posted by laria View Post
Was not expecting to read spoilers for Castle in this Body of Proof thread.
Yeah, that pissed me off too.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:37 PM   #13
SNJpage1

I am sorry if it ruined something for you but the plot was in all the guides and it was in the previews from the previous week. Not sure how you would put a spoiler with in a spoiler. I have read other posts where the same thing was done where one show was compared to another and no one ever commented about it ruining a show for them.
So when does a comment actually become a spoiler? Does this mean you cant make comments about a show unless you type in spoiler aleart? If the plot is something that has been in the newspaper reviews, has been in the previews of the previous weeks show and was in the guide, and the comment I made doesnt give any details about what takes place is that a spoiler? If the Castle show was on after this show and hadn't aired yet, would my comment be a spoiler? Would comparing the plot of the two shows require a spoiler aleart? If that is true then you need to put spolier alert at the begining of any post that is a reply to any post about a TV show.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:32 PM   #14
eddyj

Well, the rules for Posting (found here) put it pretty well. Especially the line "When in doubt, use spoiler tags."

Putting spoilers for a different show in a show thread is pretty crappy behavior. At the very least, put a tag on the spoiler saying "Contains spoilers for current week's Castle episode" in your post.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:13 PM   #15
SNJpage1

It seems a lot of people must be doing "pretty crappy behavior" since I have seen references in other posts for other shows. Especially in Castle where references have been made to Firefly, which I never saw until a few months ago. So basicly what you are saying is this needs to be put at the begining of every post talking about TV shows:

Unless you have watched every show ever broadcasted dont read this post because it might say something about another show.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:18 PM   #16
laria
Librocubicularist

While Firefly stuff should be in spoilers in a Castle thread, I think it's also a little bit different posting something about a 10 year old show than the current season of something that someone may not be up to date on. It is after all a TiVo forum!
Old 02-24-2013, 03:22 PM   #17
eddyj

Quote:
Originally Posted by laria View Post
While Firefly stuff should be in spoilers in a Castle thread, I think it's also a little bit different posting something about a 10 year old show than the current season of something that someone may not be up to date on. It is after all a TiVo forum!
Exactly! The spoiled show was THE SAME WEEK, not some weeks or years past.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:16 PM   #18
SNJpage1

At first I thought the comments about mentioning Castle in this thread was directed at me. But having gone back and read the OP's post I see that they also mentioned the plot line from this weeks Castle.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:51 PM   #19
eddyj

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNJpage1 View Post
At first I thought the comments about mentioning Castle in this thread was directed at me. But having gone back and read the OP's post I see that they also mentioned the plot line from this weeks Castle.
Well, you mentioned it too. But it was already spoiled by then.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.