TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-25-2012, 02:41 AM   #1
TerpBE
Go Terps!

Wishlist "not" keywords not working - bug?

I have a Wishlist that I use to check what guests are coming up on the various late night talk shows, but recently (since the fall update?) it hasn't been giving me any results, when previously it gave me hundreds.

So I decided to try troubleshooting. Initially I created a wishlist just for:

HD:Talk Shows:Comedy

That seemed to work fine, but it gave me a lot of shows that I'm not interested in, so I wanted to weed some out. To remove one of them, I added a Title Keyword "KAMAU" (some host's name), then used a thumb button to change it to "-KAMAU", so it should exclude that show. So now my wishlist is:

-KAMAU * HD:Talk Shows:Comedy

This SHOULD give me all the results I got before, minus any that have "Kamau" in the title. However, as soon as I add this keyword, I get ZERO matches. If I put it in the "Keyword" field instead of the "Title Keyword" field I get the same result.

Has anybody else had any similar problems? Did Tivo break the boolean "not" option for wishlist keywords?
TerpBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:32 AM   #2
JolDC

I tried your steps and get the same results.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:40 AM   #3
Jonathan_S

That's weird, I just reproduced your results.

It looks like the wishlist doesn't work right if it only had negative matches in the keyword or title keyword fields. (everything except the category has a '-' on it)

If there's at least one positive keyword (no modifier or parenthesis) it appears you can stack as many additional negatives as you like. (I've got some movie wishlists with over 20 negatives piled on, but they still work. Find every movie from 2011 except a, b, c, d, etc)

I've never tried a category combined with only a negative keyword before; so I'm not sure if this is newly broken or if TiVo's always mishandled this scenario.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:44 PM   #4
TerpBE
Go Terps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_S View Post
I've never tried a category combined with only a negative keyword before; so I'm not sure if this is newly broken or if TiVo's always mishandled this scenario.
As of a couple of months ago, the exact same wishlist worked fine. It seems like the fall update broke it.
TerpBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:02 PM   #5
vermurle

I'm a newer TIVO owner and am having this same problem. Has anyone found a solution?
vermurle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:27 PM   #6
mattack

I have no idea -- call up Tivo and report the problem.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:02 PM   #7
tivosupport_kaitlyn

TiVo Customer's,

Thanks to you all for helping us identify this issue early on. Since it's discovery we have been able to create a fix in the coming software release. The software release will be 20.3. You can check your software version using the following menu path: From TiVo Central, select Messages & Settings > Account & System Information > System Information.

We appreciate your time and patience while we worked to resolve this odd and elusive problem.

Kaitlyn and the TiVo Support team.
tivosupport_kaitlyn is offline   Reply With Quote