TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-20-2013, 02:22 PM   #1
WVZR1

Streaming issue since "Web Video Launchpad"

Since the launch of WVL I've had streaming issues where my second machine either the XL4 or the PXL won't show up in "MY SHOWS"! Both machines are hard-wired and always have been. Trying to trouble shoot on my PXL using Tivo Central>S&M>HELP>MultipleTiVoBoxes>advanced streaming help my XL4 shows as being connected as MOCA. It has never been.

Rebooting the TiVo (both) doesn't fix a thing. TiVo had me hook up my N-adapter and then disconnect and return to Ethernet attempting to "trick" I guess the XL4 machine.

With the N-adapter connected in settings>network with the N-connected it shows as being connected as MOCA(ethernet-bridged) on the XL4 in settings>network. Is that correct? It worked for a few hours but still on the PXL it showed as MOCA connected. Going back to Ethernet and showing Ethernet on the XL4 after connections by both machines to TiVo the problem still exists and my PXL has disappeared from "MY SHOWS" on the XL4.

Also when it does work I get a message when streaming the "NEWEST/most recent" recording that it will delete in the next 24 hours on both machines.

TiVo says for sure they have issues and I of course mentioned that we should have the "option" to "OPTOUT" of their "marketing maneuvers" and they insist it's passed on but who knows.

In a completely hard-wired system I'm sure the boxes in "advanced streaming" should display the actual connection type of the other networked machine/s. I've no idea how to reset and after opening a brand new N-adapter that didn't fool the system I'm a bit aggravated. TiVo has no clue.

Thoughts? I have no idea how well I've explained my situation but I'd certainly like to get it remedied. TiVo mentions problems since the WVL launch but they're not sharing.

Even with the RF/COAX disconnected the XL4 showed as connected MOCA on the PXL using advanced streaming help. I disconnected all TiVo, the router, modem and rebooted the entire system with no change.

Last edited by WVZR1 : 02-20-2013 at 02:27 PM.
WVZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:13 AM   #2
WVZR1

If you have an XL4 and a PXL I'd be interested in knowing what you see as a connection type from the PXL for the XL4. On the PXL or P(maybe XL isn't significant):

TiVo Central > Settings & Messages > HELP > Multiple TiVo Boxes > Streamiing Between TiVo Boxes > Multi-Room advanced help > connection status

Mine displays MOCA despite never having had a MOCA set up. It's had Ethernet since day one except the test TiVo had me try the N-adapter.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:23 PM   #3
mattack

BTW, you can turn off Web Video Launchpad nowadays.. a very recent thread said you couldn't.. Guess they changed something.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:13 AM   #4
JoeKustra
Cable only

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
BTW, you can turn off Web Video Launchpad nowadays.. a very recent thread said you couldn't.. Guess they changed something.
THANKS!
JoeKustra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:22 AM   #5
WVZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Would you mind explaining? I've looked I thought quite well and didn't stumble across anything. I asked the CSR I thought about OPTING OUT and it was mentioned it wasn't an option.

The streaming between my machines won't "stick" - it's fine for hours maybe now a couple days but I get still the *will be deleted in 24hrs for the most recent recording and of course the MOCA is "stuck" also.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:38 AM   #6
atmuscarella

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVZR1 View Post
Would you mind explaining? I've looked I thought quite well and didn't stumble across anything. I asked the CSR I thought about OPTING OUT and it was mentioned it wasn't an option.

The streaming between my machines won't "stick" - it's fine for hours maybe now a couple days but I get still the *will be deleted in 24hrs for the most recent recording and of course the MOCA is "stuck" also.
There has been a recent change, you can now un-select it just like Amazon, Netflix, YouTube, Hulu+, etc..

You can find the settings at: TiVo -> Settings & Messages -> Settings -> Channels -> My Video Providers
R.I.P. - 08/06 - TiVo
05/08 - TiVo HD
06/08 - Panasonic 50PZ800U 50" Plazma!!
03/10 - Series 3
11/10 - Premiere
09/13 - Roamio
atmuscarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:26 AM   #7
WVZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmuscarella View Post
There has been a recent change, you can now un-select it just like Amazon, Netflix, YouTube, Hulu+, etc..

You can find the settings at: TiVo -> Settings & Messages -> Settings -> Channels -> My Video Providers
Thank-you! When would this have happened? The CSR I spoke to the 19th only mentioned there had been several calls concerning being able to "opt-out" from some services. That simplifies my setup considerably. I don't believe the "web launch pad" was in there to select or de-select then. Don't remember!

I'm still stuck with the MOCA response on my PXL after a couple restarts!