TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-18-2013, 03:53 PM   #4801
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHunter1 View Post
For those of us who prefer transferring shows using TiVoPlayList (rather than KMTTG, pyTiVo, or Desktop), is there any solution other than changing the clock back?
You might try asking that question here.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:55 PM   #4802
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
You might try asking that question here.
That's an email address? "dcahoe@gmail.com"?? Is that the developer of TiVoPlayList?

EDIT: Yes, I guess so: http://tivoplaylist.dyndns.org

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- a list of some favorite browser add-ons that help make TCF even more enjoyable!
Fofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:46 PM   #4803
degobahjunk

I gave up & just downloaded the newest Desktop 2.8.3. Altered the curl.conf file & I'm back up & running. For those running 2.5.1, the curl.conf fix just doesn't work, as far as I can tell. I don't think there was a curl.conf file to begin with. I re-installed it afresh, just to be sure. It must have some other way of doing things.... I'm completely self-taught, know enough to get by, and rely on the kindness & knowledge of folks like notting, morac, & unitron putting their know-how out here in the public forum for those of us still learning. Can't thank you enough!! And thanks to morac for mentioning that maybe my Desktop version was just too old... yep, that was the problem. I'm a, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it, type"... but it finally broke. It was time to update.

JW
degobahjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:00 PM   #4804
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fofer View Post
That's an email address? "dcahoe@gmail.com"?? Is that the developer of TiVoPlayList?

EDIT: Yes, I guess so: http://tivoplaylist.dyndns.org
I didn't mean to post that actually. It was meant to be a link to the original TiVoPlayList thread in the TCF. But yes, that is the e-mail addy of the developer. Or you could PM him.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:11 PM   #4805
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

I don't see any Twitter messages to Margret, has anyone contacted her directly? She got the missing Season & Episode # issue fixed very quickly after TiVo support did nothing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:28 AM   #4806
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by degobahjunk View Post
I gave up & just downloaded the newest Desktop 2.8.3. Altered the curl.conf file & I'm back up & running. For those running 2.5.1, the curl.conf fix just doesn't work, as far as I can tell. I don't think there was a curl.conf file to begin with. I re-installed it afresh, just to be sure. It must have some other way of doing things.... I'm completely self-taught, know enough to get by, and rely on the kindness & knowledge of folks like notting, morac, & unitron putting their know-how out here in the public forum for those of us still learning. Can't thank you enough!! And thanks to morac for mentioning that maybe my Desktop version was just too old... yep, that was the problem. I'm a, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it, type"... but it finally broke. It was time to update.

JW

If it ain't broke, wait 15 minutes. Someone will release a new version of something else you can't avoid using and that will break it.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:16 PM   #4807
Marconi
TiVo Junkie

iTiVo Users' Solution Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by shack1108 View Post
If you're looking for a fix for iTivo, here's one that I found:

First, open Terminal and type in this command: 'curl -c cookies.txt -d "tivo:MAK" http:/ /tivoip:80'
(replace "MAK" with the Media Access Key and "tivoip" with the ip of your tivo) (and it won't let me post any "links" since it's my second post so remove the space between the first and second slash)
Then cookies.txt will be placed in your home folder.
Open it, and change the value 1360972800 to whatever you want (it's the number of seconds past January 1, 1970 that the cookie will expire). I just changed the first 1 to a 2.
Then, save it to some folder out of the way (I just threw it in my Documents folder).
Then, go to iTivo in the Applications folder, right-click, and click "Show Package Contents". Go to Contents, then Resources, then right-click on http-fetcher.pl, and open it in Text-Edit. Once there, change "-c /tmp/cookies.txt" to "-b /Users/'homefolder'/Documents/cookies.txt" (change 'homefolder' to the name of your user account). Then re-open iTivo and it should start working again!
It's actually much easier than that, but http-fetcher.pl is the key. Open this in a text editor and change the part of the curl command that says:

-c /tmp/cookies.txt

to

-b sid=123

That's it. No need to use a cookie jar file. Just hard code the cookie right into curl. So, to use part of your instructions:

...go to iTivo in the Applications folder, right-click, and click "Show Package Contents". Go to Contents, then Resources, then right-click on http-fetcher.pl, and open it in Text-Edit. Once there, change "-c /tmp/cookies.txt" to "-b sid=123" . Then re-open iTivo and it should start working again!
Old 02-19-2013, 12:33 PM   #4808
Marconi
TiVo Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cautionespn View Post
Here is an easier workaround for this.
  1. Go to /Applications
  2. Find iTivo, right click and choose "Duplicate"
  3. Right click on the newly created iTivo Copy and choose "Show Package Contents"
  4. Navigate to Contents > Resources and find http-fetcher.pl
  5. Edit this in your favorite text editor
  6. On the line with:

Code:
    $shellScript = "curl -q \'http://$tivoip\:80/download/$showNAME\.TiVo?Container=%2FNowPlaying&id=$showID\' -c /tmp/cookies.txt --retry 12 --retry-delay 10 --digest -u tivo:$MAK -o $target --stderr $TivoDir/iTiVoDL";
  7. Change to:

Code:
    $shellScript = "curl --cookie sid=abc -q \'http://$tivoip\:80/download/$showNAME\.TiVo?Container=%2FNowPlaying&id=$showID\' -c /tmp/cookies.txt --retry 12 --retry-delay 10 --digest -u tivo:$MAK -o $target --stderr $TivoDir/iTiVoDL";
  8. Save and launch. Problem gone.
If you're going to use --cookie, you probably ought to remove "-c /tmp/cookies.txt"
Old 02-19-2013, 05:59 PM   #4809
sanjonny

Help with errors in encode

I have been trying to do a few custom encodings for several different circumstances and have run into a problem.

I am not sure if my syntax is incorrect or if kmttg is not relaying the command correctly or what is going on.

I want to boost the sound in my encodes (as mentioned earlier in this thread) and have tried several ways and now am trying to do it using handbrake encode.

I have the following line in my custom profile.
Code:
HANDBRAKE -i INPUT -t 1 -c 1 -f mkv -e x264 --cfr -q 24.0 -a 1 -aencoder lame -C -B 128 -6 dpl1 -D 1 -Y 720 -X 1280 -m -x ref=2:bframes=4:b-adapt=2:subme=6:mixed-refs=0:weightb=0:8x8dct=0:trellis=1:nr=150:vbv-maxrate=10000:vbv-bufsize=10000 -v -o OUTPUT
Which appears to work okay, but when I try and include --gain 5 which is the handbrake code to boost the gain on my audio encode, I get errors from kmttg and it will halt.

I have tried putting it in a couple different places and verified that it works in the regular handbrake cli. Below is the command in kmttg encode:

Code:
HANDBRAKE -i INPUT -t 1 -c 1 -f mkv -e x264 --cfr -q 24.0 -a 1 -aencoder lame -C -B 128 -6 dpl1 -D 1 --gain 5 -Y 720 -X 1280 -m -x ref=2:bframes=4:b-adapt=2:subme=6:mixed-refs=0:weightb=0:8x8dct=0:trellis=1:nr=150:vbv-maxrate=10000:vbv-bufsize=10000 -v -o OUTPUT
Below is the handbrake cli code:
Code:
HANDBRAKECLI -i work2test.mpg -t 1 -c 1 -f mkv -e x264 --cfr -q 24.0 -a 1 -aencoder lame -C -B 128 -6 dpl1 -D 1 --gain 5 -Y 480 -X 854 -m -x ref=2:bframes=4:b-adapt=2:subme=6:mixed-refs=0:weightb=0:8x8dct=0:trellis=1:nr=150:vbv-maxrate=10000:vbv-bufsize=10000 -v -o work2test
and that seems to encode and work fine.

Is this something that is not passing thru correctly to handbrakecli or what? Is there any way to get a log of what is going on with the encode in handbrake thru kmttg (like being able to see a log of the kmttg commands after encoding?)
sanjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:22 PM   #4810
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjonny View Post
Is this something that is not passing thru correctly to handbrakecli or what? Is there any way to get a log of what is going on with the encode in handbrake thru kmttg (like being able to see a log of the kmttg commands after encoding?)
What version of handbrake are you using? When I try with version 0.9.5 with --gain option I get error that option doesn't exist:
C:\home\kmttg\handbrake\HandBrakeCLI.exe: unrecognized option `--gain'
unknown option (--gain)

If I switch to a more recent version such as 0.9.8 then it works. So I'm guessing perhaps you are not pointing kmttg at a recent installation under File-Configure-Programs.

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:01 PM   #4811
sanjonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
What version of handbrake are you using? When I try with version 0.9.5 with --gain option I get error that option doesn't exist:
C:\home\kmttg\handbrake\HandBrakeCLI.exe: unrecognized option `--gain'
unknown option (--gain)

If I switch to a more recent version such as 0.9.8 then it works. So I'm guessing perhaps you are not pointing kmttg at a recent installation under File-Configure-Programs.
ah, for some reason I didn't even think about that.I just figured that all the non kmttg stuff was automatically updated to the latest versions. at least that makes total sense.

when I get the kinks worked out, I think I will have some helpful encode profiles to load up.

one other thought, if there any way to be able to have an input field in kmttg? for example, I am trying to come up with something that could also process tv shows on DVD and encode and such, but you need to be able to select the program number on the disc for it to work (I think). still playing with it.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:06 PM   #4812
moyekj

Quote:
one other thought, if there any way to be able to have an input field in kmttg? for example, I am trying to come up with something that could also process tv shows on DVD and encode and such, but you need to be able to select the program number on the disc for it to work (I think). still playing with it.
For something like a DVD you can use a ripper that rips main title to a single file (plenty of them have that option) and use FILES tab in kmttg as your entry point.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:10 PM   #4813
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

I use:
  1. DVD Decrypter, to rip DVDs using IFO mode for multiple episodes into individual files.
  2. Video ReDo, to use Quickstream Fix (yes, timestamp issues do happen from DVDs)
  3. KMTTG to push to Tivo.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:45 AM   #4814
sanjonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
I use:
  1. DVD Decrypter, to rip DVDs using IFO mode for multiple episodes into individual files.
  2. Video ReDo, to use Quickstream Fix (yes, timestamp issues do happen from DVDs)
  3. KMTTG to push to Tivo.
I kinda do this, but of course am looking to make it even better. I use dvd fab to rip the multi episode dvd to the hard drive (dvd decrypter is defeated by several stupid sony and other discs)

I have off and on done the videoredo part, but in the past, that lost subtitles and other stuff, so I stopped using it and just went episode by episode in handbrake (but really in video.net) which works awesome and easily.

But using the cli, if there were a way to input the numbers for program number, you could do it in kmttg. Basically in the input area, identify the program numbers and then kmttg could encode each one using whichever option.

I don't currently know of any way to take the already decrypted dvd files and have something output all the episodes without going one by one into either videoredo or handbrake. That part would be very nice.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:04 AM   #4815
sanjonny

remote on premiere now doesn't run when active?

On the latest version, it seems the remote behavior has now changed to not run until its spot in the queue. For example, when encoding or adcutting, remote search and other remote functions will not work (refresh of npl does work).

Was this intentionally changed or is it a issue? I can understand it not running when the queue is stopped, but in the current state, you cannot schedule or browse listings if anything else is running.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:27 AM   #4816
moyekj

Quote:
On the latest version, it seems the remote behavior has now changed to not run until its spot in the queue. For example, when encoding or adcutting, remote search and other remote functions will not work (refresh of npl does work).

Was this intentionally changed or is it a issue? I can understand it not running when the queue is stopped, but in the current state, you cannot schedule or browse listings if anything else is running.
Increase your "active job limit" setting (File-Configure-Program Options) since that affects most jobs other than NPL or downloads. For example if it is set to only 1 and there currently is 1 encode job running it will queue. If you have a lot of things currently running in kmttg GUI then you are probably better off running another kmttg window for Remote related activities.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:34 AM   #4817
philhu
User Since Day ONE!

Quote:
Increase your "active job limit" setting (File-Configure-Program Options) since that affects most jobs other than NPL or downloads. For example if it is set to only 1 and there currently is 1 encode job running it will queue. If you have a lot of things currently running in kmttg GUI then you are probably better off running another kmttg window for Remote related activities.
If I increase the 'active job limit', then more encoding jobs start up. My system can only handle 2 of those at a time without freezing in cpu hell.

Anyway to make the remotes always run, not charging them as 'active jobs'?
Tivo (S2-retired, 500gb HD, 2 units)
TivoHD (2tb HD, chip mod, 2 units)
Tivo Premiere (2tb HD)
Tivo Premiere4 (2tb (JMFS) HD)
philhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:38 AM   #4818
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by philhu View Post
I'll look at it. Suggestion for now is run another kmttg window for Remote jobs if kmttg is busy doing other things.

EDIT: Remote jobs are no longer considered "active" in next release - changes checked in. There will still be a restriction of 1 remote job per TiVo at a time as is also currently the case.

Last edited by moyekj : 02-20-2013 at 09:05 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:31 PM   #4819
cherry ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by philhu View Post
If I increase the 'active job limit', then more encoding jobs start up. My system can only handle 2 of those at a time without freezing in cpu hell.

Quote:
I'll look at it. Suggestion for now is run another kmttg window for Remote jobs if kmttg is busy doing other things.

EDIT: Remote jobs are no longer considered "active" in next release - changes checked in. There will still be a restriction of 1 remote job per TiVo at a time as is also currently the case.

can the same be done with autotune?
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:40 PM   #4820
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
autotune, what's that? Seriously though, somebody still uses that? Haven't touched that in a long while since I never found much use for it and didn't think anybody else did either...

Old 02-20-2013, 03:42 PM   #4821
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
autotune?

as in... autotune?

bFEoMO0pc7k

- a list of some favorite browser add-ons that help make TCF even more enjoyable!
Fofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:53 PM   #4822
cherry ghost

Quote:
autotune, what's that? Seriously though, somebody still uses that? Haven't touched that in a long while since I never found much use for it and didn't think anybody else did either...
I find the downloads are faster if the TiVo is tuned to channels I don't receive
Old 02-20-2013, 04:00 PM   #4823
moyekj

Quote:
I find the downloads are faster if the TiVo is tuned to channels I don't receive
Yes, I know that was the original intent and was just kidding. I guess since I mostly moved to series 4 units which are much, much faster for downloads it became irrelevant.

So you're saying that autotune jobs currently queue as well when kmttg is busy with other tasks?

Old 02-20-2013, 04:10 PM   #4824
cherry ghost

Quote:

So you're saying that autotune jobs currently queue as well when kmttg is busy with other tasks?

Correct
Old 02-20-2013, 05:04 PM   #4825
moyekj

Quote:
Quote:
Correct
OK, that obviously doesn't make much sense and I've fixed it for next release.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:45 PM   #4826
keenanSR

Quote:
Yes, I know that was the original intent and was just kidding. I guess since I mostly moved to series 4 units which are much, much faster for downloads it became irrelevant.

Hey, not all of us got them new-fangled DVRs, we're still rockin' the Series 3s!
keenanSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:22 PM   #4827
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenanSR View Post
Hey, not all of us got them new-fangled DVRs, we're still rockin' the Series 3s!
I sit here looking at my S2 farm and envy those rich urbanites with their fancy 6 year old S3s.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:41 PM   #4828
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitron View Post
I sit here looking at my S2 farm and envy those rich urbanites with their fancy 6 year old S3s.

Do I hear violins playing somewhere?

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try

pyTivo users: Try
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:54 PM   #4829
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfl View Post
Do I hear violins playing somewhere?
If so, I'm sure they're quite small and your hearing is very acute to have detected them.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:17 PM   #4830
wuzznuubi

Question file container/codecs determined using ffmpeg?

I'm assuming kmttg uses ffmpeg to determine a file's container type and codec contents?

Wondering if there's an ffmpeg commandline option kmttg can use in order to limit ffmpeg's time spent probing/searching to determine container/codecs.

I'm downloading in transport stream format and using kmttg to call VideoRedo to decode and QSF the downloaded TiVo files.

I just ran into a recording where kmttg determined the TiVo transport stream file it just downloaded was an mpeg2 transport stream file, so told VideoRedo to QSF and save as an .mpg instead of a .ts.

I did a commandline
Code:
ffmpeg -report -i recording.TiVo
on the TiVo file and the resulting text report file (after 5+ minutes of ffmpeg running) is 1.5GB!!!

Last edited by wuzznuubi : 02-21-2013 at 12:17 AM. Reason: meant `-i`, not `- i`
wuzznuubi is offline   Reply With Quote