TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-19-2013, 05:01 PM   #1
LynnL999

VideoReDo, promotions/sales?

Does anyone know if VideoReDo ever offers sale or promotional prices? I'm trying it out and it seems like a good program, but I'm just not going to need it all that often, and $99 is a bit steep for me (for the h264 version). Just curious if it's worth waiting.
LynnL999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:32 PM   #2
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Since summer 2006 at least I've never noticed a VRD sale.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:34 PM   #3
steve614
what ru lookin at?

I don't ever remember seeing any promotions or sales with VideoReDo. At one time, I think I remember seeing it for sale through DVR Upgrade (or Weaknees), but I don't remember if it was cheaper. Now it seems they don't offer it any longer.

At least there are options, it just depends on what you're willing to compromise.

What is your goal?

If it is just for editing .tivo files, then VRD Plus ($50) would suit your needs.
You can find other free software programs that will burn DVDs and convert video to H.264.

IMO, the editing features alone are worth the $50 investment. Especially if you are a Tivo power user.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:21 PM   #4
timdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnL999 View Post
Does anyone know if VideoReDo ever offers sale or promotional prices? I'm trying it out and it seems like a good program, but I'm just not going to need it all that often, and $99 is a bit steep for me (for the h264 version). Just curious if it's worth waiting.
Never seen sale, but use TV Suite a fair amount and well worth the cost.
timdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:53 PM   #5
Dan203
Super Moderator

I wrote a whole coupon system for our website a couple years ago, but we never actually used it.

DVRUpgrade.com use to sell VideoReDo for like $5 cheaper then we do, but they got sold to Weaknees or some other competitor a couple years ago and they don't sell it any more.

Wish I could tell you more, but I'm a developer. I'm not really involved in the business side of things.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:50 PM   #6
tluxon

Having been a long-time user of Womble's MPEG Video Wizard, I found many uses for VideoReDo Plus to justify the purchase. Within a few years I got a video camera that created AVCHD video, which VideoReDo TV Suite readily handled, so I upgraded to that and it's been worth every penny (about 4700 of them for the upgrade .
tluxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:14 AM   #7
tvmaster2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
I wrote a whole coupon system for our website a couple years ago, but we never actually used it.

DVRUpgrade.com use to sell VideoReDo for like $5 cheaper then we do, but they got sold to Weaknees or some other competitor a couple years ago and they don't sell it any more.

Wish I could tell you more, but I'm a developer. I'm not really involved in the business side of things.
hi. how is implementation with Windows 8 going....is VRD totally compatible now in all regards, and as reliable as it is with Windows 7?
tvmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:51 AM   #8
Dan203
Super Moderator

Yes. As far as I know we have no outstanding issues with Win8
Old 09-16-2013, 10:36 AM   #9
tvmaster2

super. do you have a private address to ask further questions?
tvmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #10
Dan203
Super Moderator

You can send me a PM on these forums or you can ask questions over on our forums or you can send us an email to support.