TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-16-2013, 08:19 PM   #4771
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by javabird View Post
Switching to java downloads is not working for me (Mac OS 10.8.x mountain lion) - I'm using the latest version of kmttg.
Apple products are currently blocking Java, so this might apply.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:28 PM   #4772
moyekj

Quote:
Switching to java downloads is not working for me (Mac OS 10.8.x mountain lion) - I'm using the latest version of kmttg.
If you have v0p9l version released today you shouldn't need java download option.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:30 PM   #4773
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddyroger View Post
How do I check curl for cookie sid=abc. Also will the java command work with the auto download feature
kmttg spits out the curl command being used once download starts. Yes java downloads work with auto transfers.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:47 PM   #4774
caddyroger

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
kmttg spits out the curl command being used once download starts. Yes java downloads work with auto transfers.
Thanks this time Java worked. I like curl because it is a little faster then java I believe.
I seems like every thing try turns to **** for me.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:52 PM   #4775
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddyroger View Post
I seems like every thing try turns to **** for me.
Welcome to the club.

Do I really have to tell you what happened when we tried to set up a membership database and print up membership cards?

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:31 PM   #4776
LynnL999

In unrelated news, I really like the export season pass feature. Thank you for adding this
LynnL999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:55 PM   #4777
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
Apple products are currently blocking Java, so this might apply.
(I know there was an updated kmttg which makes the Java workaround unnecessary...)

But wasn't here a new Java released beyond the blocked version? I thought there was.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:03 AM   #4778
rileyrd

Here is an explanation of the problem:

http://www.zatznotfunny.com/2013-02/...ot+Funny%21%29

Hope that helps.
rileyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:02 AM   #4779
javabird

Quote:
If you have v0p9l version released today you shouldn't need java download option.
Thanks! I was using the previous version. Just DL'd v0p9l and it seems to be working now.

(BTW, the Java issue on Macs was fixed about a week ago.)
javabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:29 AM   #4780
shack1108

Quote:
I'm having the same issue today with my TivoHD using kmttg on Mac-- also unable to download with iTivo.

Interestingly, I tried using the Tivo Transfer tool I still have installed and it's working. Unfortunately it doesn't download HD.
If you're looking for a fix for iTivo, here's one that I found:

First, open Terminal and type in this command: 'curl -c cookies.txt -d "tivo:MAK" http:/ /tivoip:80'
(replace "MAK" with the Media Access Key and "tivoip" with the ip of your tivo) (and it won't let me post any "links" since it's my second post so remove the space between the first and second slash)
Then cookies.txt will be placed in your home folder.
Open it, and change the value 1360972800 to whatever you want (it's the number of seconds past January 1, 1970 that the cookie will expire). I just changed the first 1 to a 2.
Then, save it to some folder out of the way (I just threw it in my Documents folder).
Then, go to iTivo in the Applications folder, right-click, and click "Show Package Contents". Go to Contents, then Resources, then right-click on http-fetcher.pl, and open it in Text-Edit. Once there, change "-c /tmp/cookies.txt" to "-b /Users/'homefolder'/Documents/cookies.txt" (change 'homefolder' to the name of your user account). Then re-open iTivo and it should start working again!
shack1108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:57 AM   #4781
morac
Cat God

I found a very simple set and forget work around for TiVo Desktop.
See this post for details.

Basically you need to add cookie = "sid=abc" to the curl configuration file that TiVo Desktop uses.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:44 AM   #4782
twdix

"edit the "sid" cookie to expire at a later date"

Can you explain how to do this?

Disregard my question... The fix described in the post 30 of the "Sudden file transfer failure: kmttg and Tivo Desktop" thread works perfectly.

Last edited by twdix : 02-17-2013 at 11:53 AM.
twdix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:52 AM   #4783
pesto126

Just ran into a strange issue that I am hopeful you all can help with.. so, once I got the whole Jave vs Curl thing figured out and can download programs again (Whohoo)... I noticed that my episode numbers appear to be off by one in the metadata files.

For example - here is a dump from a file I downloaded off my TIvo premier this afternoon:

title : Too Cute!
seriesTitle : Too Cute!
description : A Shar-Pei keeps his toys away from his siblings; a young cairn terrier sets off on an adventure; a tiny boxer's grandfather steers him toward glory.
time : 2013-02-09T21:00:00Z
isEpisode : true
iso_duration : PT59M58S
originalAirDate : 2012-12-22T00:00:00Z
episodeTitle : Puppy Love
isEpisodic : true
showingBits : 4611
tvRating : x3
episodeNumber : 207
displayMajorNumber : 630
callsign : APLHD
seriesId : SH01391049
programId : EP013910490014
vProgramGenre :
vSeriesGenre :
vSeriesGenre :

Episode Title shows as Puppy Love and episode number a 207 - when I look this up on TVDB - Puppy Love shows as episode 208.. The program really is Puppy Love.. but the number appears wrong.

I tried it again on a Tivo HD machine using How It's Made... same issue:

title : How It's Made
seriesTitle : How It's Made
description : Iron bathtubs; hopi kachina dolls; mine truck engine.
time : 2013-02-16T09:30:00Z
isEpisode : true
iso_duration : PT30M
originalAirDate : 2012-12-04T00:00:00Z
isEpisodic : true
showingBits : 4611
tvRating : x3
episodeNumber : 2010
displayMajorNumber : 622
callsign : SCIHD
seriesId : SH415402
programId : EP4154020545
vProgramGenre : Documentary
vProgramGenre : Science
vSeriesGenre : Documentary
vSeriesGenre : Science
vSeriesGenre : Documentary
vSeriesGenre : Science and Nature
vHost : Adams|Lynne

The show is about Iron Bathtubs.. but should be listed as 2011 (season 20, episode 11).

Has anyone else noticed this? I typically wouldn't care except I'm also using a Plex server which is crazy particular about episode naming or it doesn't work properly...

Thx!!
pesto126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:48 PM   #4784
moyekj

pesto126, the problem is the local TiVo guide database does not always have accurate episode information, and in many cases doesn't have episode information at all. For series 4 units kmttg uses alternate sources to supplement the metadata which typically is more accurate and complete. Technically something similar could be done for series 3 units (getting additional info from middlemind.tivo.com) but that is not currently implemented in kmttg.

Old 02-17-2013, 01:12 PM   #4785
pesto126

Thanks Moyekj - thought it was something like that. Oh well.. in the end, its not that important.. just wish this was more accurate or could be intercepted by kmttg and updated using TVDB to generate the episode number.
pesto126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:25 PM   #4786
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesto126 View Post
Thanks Moyekj - thought it was something like that. Oh well.. in the end, its not that important.. just wish this was more accurate or could be intercepted by kmttg and updated using TVDB to generate the episode number.
The information available from thetvdb.com isn't always accurate either. You have to remember, it is mostly entered by users.

Data for those two series on zap2it is very confusing. "Too Cute!" has no season & episodes numbers at all and is listed by year.

Information for "How It's Made" is even more confusing. Neither zapt2it nor the TiVo admit to the existence of a season 20, while both IMDB and thetvdb agree there is one but disagree on which episode is which. The only source that has information about an episode whose OAD is 12/04/2012 is zap2it, and that is only if you look at the page for that particular programId (http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tv/how-...545?aid=zap2it)

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:33 PM   #4787
andrew1883

I ran into this problem and was advised (in another thread here) to look at the latest kmttg and other options. Downloaded v0p9l (was using v0p7m) and it's transferring fine!

I'll add my thanks to the others' for the quick response (and add my contempt for TiVo's response quoted above).

=aw
andrew1883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:09 PM   #4788
gtstephenson

Quote:
I tried to install kmttg_v0p91l but find the jar file (having been properly associated) will not properly open the application.

Yes, I did uninstall my 64 bit java and install the latest 32 bit flavor. I did manually associate the javaw.exe file with kmttg.jar and when I look at running services the app is running but nothing is presented on the screen.

One more clue:
assoc .jar=jarfile gives me "Access is denied" response. Had to associate the file with right click on the kmttg.jar and point to java.

Ideas anyone?

Tom S
gtstephenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:57 PM   #4789
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstephenson View Post
I tried to install kmttg_v0p91l but find the jar file (having been properly associated) will not properly open the application.

Yes, I did uninstall my 64 bit java and install the latest 32 bit flavor. I did manually associate the javaw.exe file with kmttg.jar and when I look at running services the app is running but nothing is presented on the screen.

One more clue:
assoc .jar=jarfile gives me "Access is denied" response. Had to associate the file with right click on the kmttg.jar and point to java.

Ideas anyone?

Tom S
Read the Wiki page:
http://code.google.com/p/kmttg/wiki/...s_installation

If you don't have proper association then follow instructions given in the Wiki with administrator account. You probably need to set the jarFile association from Administrator cmd prompt with something like (adjust to proper full path to your javaw.exe):
ftype jarfile="C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe" -jar "%1" %*
(Java installer typically takes care of this for you so not sure why it's not the case for you).

Old 02-17-2013, 05:27 PM   #4790
AlMejias

Thumbs up Re: Session ID missing problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by morac View Post
I found a very simple set and forget work around for TiVo Desktop.
See (link) for details.

Basically you need to add cookie = "sid=abc" to the curl configuration file that TiVo Desktop uses.
Thanks for the tip! So far, it seems to be working! I'll know for sure in a day or two.

In my case there was no curl.conf file in my Tivo Desktop install or config folders so I created a file in the suggested folder and added that line to it. It worked! Until there is a permanent fix that will work with the browser download method as well, this will do.
AlMejias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:32 AM   #4791
SixString

Same problem with my ReadyNAS Ultra4

My ReadyNAS will automatically back up all KUID files. As of yesterday, it fails with the same error message (Session ID missing). Unfortunately, I can't reset the time on my NAS!

Hopefully, Tivo will push out a fix, but I wonder if they'll bother with older HD units (like mine).
SixString is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:35 AM   #4792
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixString View Post
My ReadyNAS will automatically back up all KUID files. As of yesterday, it fails with the same error message (Session ID missing). Unfortunately, I can't reset the time on my NAS!

Hopefully, Tivo will push out a fix, but I wonder if they'll bother with older HD units (like mine).
If you are using KMTTG, update it.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:58 AM   #4793
degobahjunk

Smile 2.5.1 - "An internal error has occurred" - no transfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by notting View Post
Dumping the HTTP headers on mine showed it giving a session id cookie that was already expired (Sat Feb 16 00:00 GMT), so the client doesn't send it back to the Tivo. Hence, no session id.

Setting the clock back on the computer 'fixes' it.
I've been googling, uninstalling, re-installing, re-booting, using the TiVoDesktopCleaner, clearing my cache, moving files, system restore.... on & on. I could not figure out why the last day my files transferred was 2/15/13. I have a laptop running XP Pro SP3. I use Desktop 2.5.1 & I kept getting, "An internal error has occurred." I just recovered last week from a complete hard drive failure and subsequent replacement, and have been slowly getting all my programs up & running, codecs figured out, etc. Just when I thought I got TiVo Desktop 2.5.1 working great, it show all my programs on my TiVo HD but then just wouldn't transfer them for the last few days. Thank you to notting for posting this crazy simple "fix." I hope TiVo fixes this for real soon, because I can't keep the date wrong on my computer all the time.....
degobahjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:07 AM   #4794
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by degobahjunk View Post
I've been googling, uninstalling, re-installing, re-booting, using the TiVoDesktopCleaner, clearing my cache, moving files, system restore.... on & on. I could not figure out why the last day my files transferred was 2/15/13. I have a laptop running XP Pro SP3. I use Desktop 2.5.1 & I kept getting, "An internal error has occurred." I just recovered last week from a complete hard drive failure and subsequent replacement, and have been slowly getting all my programs up & running, codecs figured out, etc. Just when I thought I got TiVo Desktop 2.5.1 working great, it show all my programs on my TiVo HD but then just wouldn't transfer them for the last few days. Thank you to notting for posting this crazy simple "fix." I hope TiVo fixes this for real soon, because I can't keep the date wrong on my computer all the time.....
morac's already figured out the fix for TiVo Desktop (though I wonder why you're running an older version of it)

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...63#post9527463

Basically you add a line of text to the curl.conf file in your TiVo Desktop installation, or just overwrite it with the one he provides.

I've already done it and it works great, like there was never a problem in the first place.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:49 AM   #4795
jcthorne

Quote:
v0p9l version released with above discussed fix/workaround for curl downloads. Also contains new Season Passes Export button to export to csv file among some other things. See release_notes for all the details.
Thanks for the quick update. Yes the new version works fine using either java or curl to download.

Now I have a question. Is there any reason to use one method or the other when both work? I see no difference in trasfer speed.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:30 AM   #4796
degobahjunk

Still having problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitron View Post
morac's already figured out the fix for TiVo Desktop (though I wonder why you're running an older version of it)
I had a lot of problems when I upgraded a few years ago.... so I downgraded voluntarily. I can't seem to get Morac's curl.conf solution to work.

I downloaded the curl.conf file right into my TiVo Downloads folder (since I didn't have one at all, I think I deleted it yesterday in my hours & hours of trying everything I could think of or read about with the "An internal error occurred" issue I was having until I finally found a few threads on here that actually addressed the real problem) but as soon as I changed my computer's calendar date to the actual date, the transfers failed again.

Thinking I need to reboot... again....
degobahjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:38 AM   #4797
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by degobahjunk View Post
I had a lot of problems when I upgraded a few years ago.... so I downgraded voluntarily. I can't seem to get Morac's curl.conf solution to work.

I downloaded the curl.conf file right into my TiVo Downloads folder (since I didn't have one at all, I think I deleted it yesterday in my hours & hours of trying everything I could think of or read about with the "An internal error occurred" issue I was having until I finally found a few threads on here that actually addressed the real problem) but as soon as I changed my computer's calendar date to the actual date, the transfers failed again.

Thinking I need to reboot... again....
For the edification of future readers, I quote myself again:

" To quote myself from another thread

"You may be looking for it in the wrong place.

Desktop install in Program Files, but also sticks some stuff, including curl.conf, in the user profile section.

That morac post I link to shows how to find it for XP and Vista and up. "

For instance, here's where mine is on an XP machine

C:\Documents and Settings\unitron\Local Settings\Application Data\TiVo Desktop "

Old 02-18-2013, 08:57 AM   #4798
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
Now I have a question. Is there any reason to use one method or the other when both work? I see no difference in trasfer speed.
Not really. Years ago some had issues getting curl downloads to work reliably for whatever reason so pure java-based alternative was created.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #4799
cautionespn
Grand PooBah

Quote:
Originally Posted by shack1108 View Post
If you're looking for a fix for iTivo, here's one that I found:

First, open Terminal and type in this command: 'curl -c cookies.txt -d "tivo:MAK" http:/ /tivoip:80'
(replace "MAK" with the Media Access Key and "tivoip" with the ip of your tivo) (and it won't let me post any "links" since it's my second post so remove the space between the first and second slash)
Then cookies.txt will be placed in your home folder.
Open it, and change the value 1360972800 to whatever you want (it's the number of seconds past January 1, 1970 that the cookie will expire). I just changed the first 1 to a 2.
Then, save it to some folder out of the way (I just threw it in my Documents folder).
Then, go to iTivo in the Applications folder, right-click, and click "Show Package Contents". Go to Contents, then Resources, then right-click on http-fetcher.pl, and open it in Text-Edit. Once there, change "-c /tmp/cookies.txt" to "-b /Users/'homefolder'/Documents/cookies.txt" (change 'homefolder' to the name of your user account). Then re-open iTivo and it should start working again!
Here is an easier workaround for this.
  1. Go to /Applications
  2. Find iTivo, right click and choose "Duplicate"
  3. Right click on the newly created iTivo Copy and choose "Show Package Contents"
  4. Navigate to Contents > Resources and find http-fetcher.pl
  5. Edit this in your favorite text editor
  6. On the line with:

Code:
    $shellScript = "curl -q \'http://$tivoip\:80/download/$showNAME\.TiVo?Container=%2FNowPlaying&id=$showID\' -c /tmp/cookies.txt --retry 12 --retry-delay 10 --digest -u tivo:$MAK -o $target --stderr $TivoDir/iTiVoDL";
  7. Change to:

Code:
    $shellScript = "curl --cookie sid=abc -q \'http://$tivoip\:80/download/$showNAME\.TiVo?Container=%2FNowPlaying&id=$showID\' -c /tmp/cookies.txt --retry 12 --retry-delay 10 --digest -u tivo:$MAK -o $target --stderr $TivoDir/iTiVoDL";
  8. Save and launch. Problem gone.

cautionespn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:33 PM   #4800
MHunter1
TiVo Bug Hunter

Is there a workaround for TiVoPlayList?

For those of us who prefer transferring shows using TiVoPlayList (rather than KMTTG, pyTiVo, or Desktop), is there any solution other than changing the clock back?
MHunter1 is offline   Reply With Quote