TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-18-2013, 11:37 PM   #91
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by csm10495 View Post
If you want a quick laugh... Amazon has the slide for $100
http://www.amazon.com/TiVoSlide-C002...rds=tivo+slide The best part is free shipping with prime. Who's in for 10?
Sold by Weaknees. Looks like they stockpiled them.
morac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:46 AM   #92
Arcady
Stargate Fan

If you assembled a whole TiVo out of parts purchased at Weaknees, it would cost like $1000.
Two TiVo Minis

Left DirecTV 4/15/07. Left TWC 8/8/11. Now on Comcast Xfinity.
Arcady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:58 AM   #93
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcady View Post
If you assembled a whole TiVo out of parts purchased at Weaknees, it would cost like $1000.
Which sounds like a lot, but take the price of a new car and see how far it gets you buying that car one piece at a time*.

*(unless you're Johnny Cash )

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:58 AM   #94
Arcady
Stargate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitron View Post
*(unless you're Johnny Cash )
LOL
Two TiVo Minis

Left DirecTV 4/15/07. Left TWC 8/8/11. Now on Comcast Xfinity.
Arcady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:54 AM   #95
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by csm10495 View Post
If you want a quick laugh... Amazon has the slide for $100
http://www.amazon.com/TiVoSlide-C002...rds=tivo+slide The best part is free shipping with prime. Who's in for 10?
Wow!! That is 2.5x what is used to sell for on Amazon. I picked one up in November 2011 for $40 from Amazon.

Even BestBuy still sells them for $60, if the local store still has them in stock. Several in my area still have them.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:56 PM   #96
spaldingclan

I got mine for $23 only 5 months ago
spaldingclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:38 PM   #97
jano18

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaldingclan View Post
Where did you find that deal for $23 & was it new or a refurb? Tivo wants $50 shipped for a refurb right now. There are a few Best Buys in my area that have them new for $60. They also have their 2 year warranty for $12 so if my slide happens to fail I can replace it with their new remote someday. This would be going in my Master Bedroom to use with my 320GB Premiere until it gets replaced by a mini. It will get little use, so I don't want to spend much for it for.
jano18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:56 PM   #98
spaldingclan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jano18 View Post
Where did you find that deal for $23 & was it new or a refurb? Tivo wants $50 shipped for a refurb right now. There are a few Best Buys in my area that have them new for $60. They also have their 2 year warranty for $12 so if my slide happens to fail I can replace it with their new remote someday. This would be going in my Master Bedroom to use with my 320GB Premiere until it gets replaced by a mini. It will get little use, so I don't want to spend much for it for.
Amazon.com...free shipping with Prime too
Old 01-19-2013, 05:58 PM   #99
spaldingclan

sorry, I misspoke..it was $38. Just checked my order history
Old 01-20-2013, 07:07 AM   #100
jcthorne

I am really hoping the 'new' remote add at least one or 2 more programmable buttons. Heck 4 would be stupendus. I like and will stick with a peanut remote for all our tv's in the house as they all work the same way, but the main home theater has more equipment and really could use just a few more buttons for powering up/down individual items like projector, reciever, poweramps, screen down and lighting.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:32 AM   #101
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaldingclan View Post
I got two for free from TiVo for....um....doing something I can't discuss here....
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:35 AM   #102
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrhorer View Post
That's just idiotic....
Someone piss in your Wheaties?
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:36 PM   #103
MichaelK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
I am really hoping the 'new' remote add at least one or 2 more programmable buttons. Heck 4 would be stupendus. I like and will stick with a peanut remote for all our tv's in the house as they all work the same way, but the main home theater has more equipment and really could use just a few more buttons for powering up/down individual items like projector, reciever, poweramps, screen down and lighting.

+1
MichaelK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:34 AM   #104
Shanezam203

I have it and sometimes it is slugish and I have a hard time when keyboard is open pushing Keys it sometimes double taps and I have to delete and go back...
Shanezam203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:01 PM   #105
celtic pride

vanns still has the tivo slide remote for $39.97!
celtic pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:32 PM   #106
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtic pride View Post
vanns still has the tivo slide remote for $39.97!
Out Of Stock
Old 01-22-2013, 07:33 PM   #107
jano18

There were 3 Best Buys in my area that had the slide in stock when I checked Saturday. The closest one to me was sold by Sunday & I bought the last one from the next closest store today for $60 plus the $12 warranty. This has to be the best deal out there right now if you can still find one locally, plus they do offer free shipping right now on their website. I think it is worth it to buy the warranty with the troubles that these are known to have. Also with the possibility of a newer remote being released this year, if it fails it would be an easier way to upgrade.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:46 PM   #108
jano18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jano18 View Post
There were 3 Best Buys in my area that had the slide in stock when I checked Saturday. The closest one to me was sold by Sunday & I bought the last one from the next closest store today for $60 plus the $12 warranty. This has to be the best deal out there right now if you can still find one locally, plus they do offer free shipping right now on their website. I think it is worth it to buy the warranty with the troubles that these are known to have. Also with the possibility of a newer remote being released this year, if it fails it would be an easier way to upgrade.
Guess I spoke too soon, I just set it up & I can't get the dongle to go into discovery mode. I tried both USB ports, it light up but won't start flashing when you hold down the button. Oh well now I have to drive another 40 minutes to pick up another tomorrow.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:36 AM   #109
windracer
joined the 10k club

The refurbs on TiVo.com are down to $39.99 (no free shipping though).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:47 AM   #110
emfinlay

I find it easiest to program on line. We never use the remote for that but the computer is right by the TIVO.
emfinlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:03 PM   #111
jano18

I swapped out my defective slide at Best Buy & set it up the other night. So far it has worked flawless & I am happy I bought one before they disappear.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:34 PM   #112
leiff

2 of the directional buttons on the outside of my slide remote have become unresponsive. Anyone know of any brick and mortar stores I can to a swap trick with my defective slide remote?
leiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:23 PM   #113
eric102

Just got a slide from Tivo.com for $50 shipped with taxes. They call it a refurb but it looks like new sealed stock with a refurb sticker attached to the outside of the box. The remote, batteries, blue tooth dongle and instruction manual all look new to me. The Tivo works perfect inside a solid wood cabinet about 10 ft. from my seating position.

Is it possible this is new stock they are just clearing out and calling it refurb to reduce the warranty period? I remember Onkyo used to do that.

I might get a second one at this price.
eric102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:45 PM   #114
swerver

Please help me with a link to where you got it. I don't see it on tivo.com or best buy. Wouldn't you know it, my kids have lost my slide, just as the price goes sky high? Noooooo!!!! I love the slide!!!! And I was almost gonna buy a backup a few months ago, that I could use if the mini ever out, but it seemed like a waste. Wish I had now...
swerver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:47 PM   #115
gonzotek
tivo_xml developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swerver View Post
Please help me with a link to where you got it. I don't see it on tivo.com or best buy. Wouldn't you know it, my kids have lost my slide, just as the price goes sky high? Noooooo!!!! I love the slide!!!! And I was almost gonna buy a backup a few months ago, that I could use if the mini ever out, but it seemed like a waste. Wish I had now...
https://www3.tivo.com/store/clearance.do

Listed as available as of 3:50pm EST 2013-02-12
A Web app for Roku Remote Control
gonzotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:47 PM   #116
innocentfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by swerver View Post
https://www3.tivo.com/store/clearance.do

$39.99 in their clearance section for the refurb.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:27 PM   #117
swerver

Thanks guys, I got one. Whew I was worried!
swerver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:57 PM   #118
infinitespecter

I picked up a slide last night from Best Buy. They had two extremely dusty units, but the stickers that sealed the boxes looked kind of weird. One box only had one, and the other had stickers that looked like they had been opened and then resealed poorly.

I was assured that everything was brand new, so I bought it, got it home to find that no batteries are in the box. I'm going to go back now and try to get an extended warranty or something because it's the best remote I've ever had for my TiVo. The entire interface seems far, far more responsive using this remote. How likely is it to fail?
infinitespecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:14 PM   #119
eric102

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitespecter View Post
I picked up a slide last night from Best Buy. They had two extremely dusty units, but the stickers that sealed the boxes looked kind of weird. One box only had one, and the other had stickers that looked like they had been opened and then resealed poorly.

I was assured that everything was brand new, so I bought it, got it home to find that no batteries are in the box. I'm going to go back now and try to get an extended warranty or something because it's the best remote I've ever had for my TiVo. The entire interface seems far, far more responsive using this remote. How likely is it to fail?
The "refurb" I got from Tivo had the 2 seals on the retail box undisturbed, thats why I'm speculating they might be new stock. Sounds like your unit had been opened at the store or maybe a return.
eric102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:08 PM   #120
smc03

anyone ever have issues with their slide remote freaking out and continuing to send the same signal over and over after pushing the button just once? I stopped using mine long ago because it kept doing that.
smc03 is offline   Reply With Quote