TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-10-2013, 09:41 PM   #1
wildwildbil

Streaming error

I have Three TIVO Premiers:

LR = 75 hour, hard wired to the network - Added in last 30 days.
DR = 75 hour, hard wired to the network.
BR = 45 hour, TIVO Wireless G USB adapter.

Before adding the LR, we were able to successfully stream SD video between BR & DR with some glitches in playback. I knew streaming wasn't supported over wireless so I accepted those.

Since adding LR, I can stream from BR & LR with the same glitches. My problem is with streaming from BR to DR. First of all BR shows up two times on the now playing list on DR. Selecting the first instance shows no recordings. My recordings do show on the second listing, but when I try to play any of them I get the following message...

"The TIVO Box was not able to record this program because there was no video signal on the channel. You may have been trying to record on a channel that you do not receive."

...The same recording plays fine from the BR or the LR TIVO. It will also play fine from the DR TIVO if I transfer it.

Any ideas? I have restarted the offending boxes multiple times.

Thanks for any assistance.
wildwildbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:07 AM   #2
lessd

On the DR TiVo reset the network, this removes the double BR in the NPL and all your problems will be gone, also after resetting the network force a call home on all your TiVos. It can take a day or so for a new TiVo to work correctly for MRT or MRS. You can also try MRT first and see what the speed is, has to be faster than 20Mb/sec for MRS to have much of a chance. I have three TiVos connected with the N adapter using a router with a 5Ghz radio and have only had a few problems with MRS. My xfer rate goes from 45Mhz/s (wireless to wireless) to 80Mhz/s (wireless to hard wired).