TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-07-2013, 12:36 PM   #1
cheesesteak
Meh.

Arrow "Betrayal" 2/6/2013

I think Ollie set a personal best for killing henchmen in this episode. Henchmens 'R Us will be hiring soon.

It's time to give the Hood a mask. The idea of a hood adequately hiding his identity and him constantly being in the shadows and looking down at his shoes is getting ridiculous.

I don't understand how Merlyn's voice sounded processed on Diggle's recording but Moira's didn't.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:53 PM   #2
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
I don't understand how Merlyn's voice sounded processed on Diggle's recording but Moira's didn't.
Especially since his voice is so much deeper than hers. Low frequencies pass through walls better than high frequencies.

As for the henchmen, I'm not sure if he was actually killing them. The arrows did not seem to go in very deep. Does he perhaps have hypodermic arrows with some knockout drug?

EDIT:

By the way, the reason I say that is because it makes little sense for Oliver to kill all those henchmen without a second thought, and then not kill the evil leader with a last arrow when he had a perfect shot at him (when the bad guy found the microphone arrow)

Last edited by john4200 : 02-07-2013 at 01:24 PM.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:48 PM   #3
JYoung
Series 3

I'm guessing it was because Merlyn was farther away from the wall.

And don't forget that some feel that Oliver is a good enough shot that he can shoot to wound and not to kill.

I'm still enjoying the series and the other big takeaway from last night's episode is that Island Oliver met and trained under Slade Wilson.

BTW, I noticed that the lawyer was a member of the Law Firm "Wolfman and Perez" and last week, they were talking about the Nodell Towers.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:56 PM   #4
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung View Post
I'm still enjoying the series and the other big takeaway from last night's episode is that Island Oliver met and trained under Slade Wilson.
Those scenes were positively gladiatorial...
Quote:
BTW, I noticed that the lawyer was a member of the Law Firm "Wolfman and Perez" and last week, they were talking about the Nodell Towers.
There was also the Winick Building this week.

Wolfman & Perez was a little odd (they never did GA), then I realized Deathstroke was a Teen Titans villain.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:44 PM   #5
whitson77
Director Level

Man I love this show. I am so glad we have a superhero who kills bad instead of just wounding them all the time. I like it.
whitson77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:11 PM   #6
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitson77 View Post
Man I love this show. I am so glad we have a superhero who kills bad instead of just wounding them all the time. I like it.
Except Oliver had at least two chances to kill the bad guy (the Count, I think his name is?) this episode, and yet he lives.

If Oliver did kill all of those henchmen, then I think it is unforgivable that he failed to follow through and kill their leader. Allowing him to live will just result in more killing in the future. Actually, failing to kill him the first time resulted in a lot more killing in this very episode.

Last edited by john4200 : 02-07-2013 at 06:29 PM.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:26 AM   #7
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Those scenes were positively gladiatorial...

There was also the Winick Building this week.

Wolfman & Perez was a little odd (they never did GA), then I realized Deathstroke was a Teen Titans villain.
Those connections I get but I can't reconcile Martin Nodell to Green Arrow.
You can't even run him through Hal Jordan.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:48 AM   #8
cheesesteak
Meh.

It's a tv show. An unlimited supply of henchmen always get killed and the charismatic leader gets to live to break out of jail and mess with the hero again. I always wonder what happens to all of the bodies that get dropped on tv shows. They just fall down and get forgotten. Does Evil Inc have a disposal service that collects them? Does the county coroner show up for work the next day and go "WTF happened last night?" when he sees seven dead bodies, all dressed in black? Even if Ollie doesn't kill them (I think he does) do they all show up at the nearest emergency ward waiting room?

Old 02-08-2013, 10:13 AM   #9
Vendikarr

I have to wonder how Det. Lance writes up the report on this case. He had no idea whose voice that was, it was identified by The Hood.

He invaded that home on the word of an alleged felon. Doesn't sound like much probable cause. And no warrant? Or was a police officer calling The Hood like an officer contacting a CI or a consultant? Did this action give The Hood a small amount of legitimacy?

I know it will never come up again, but there should be ramifications to Det. Lance's actions.
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:57 AM   #10
Waldorf
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
It's time to give the Hood a mask. The idea of a hood adequately hiding his identity and him constantly being in the shadows and looking down at his shoes is getting ridiculous.
Smallville Arrow always had tech glasses (looked like sunglasses, but maybe were also night vision?) and a voice modulator which was a simple low-cost addition to the disguise.

So is this series worth getting in to? The wife LOVED Justin Hartley's (more like HOTley's, am I right, ladies?) Arrow and wasn't receptive to him being recast so we never picked this up.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:00 PM   #11
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldorf View Post
So is this series worth getting in to?
I think so.

Old 02-08-2013, 04:53 PM   #12
Ereth

Quote:
I about came out of my chair when that reveal happened.

Please do not "Fixed Your Post" on my posts. I find that rude and annoying. Thank you for your consideration.
Ereth is offline   Reply With Quote