TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-07-2013, 12:59 PM   #1
gnerase

TiVo Desktop problem transferring HD file to PC

I can transfer low definition files fine to my PC, but most often not able to do the same with HD files. It starts the transfer and then stops after about 2 minutes with "Interrupted". I try to restart continuously without luck. I use a wireless connection, NTFS PC, the latest TiVo Desktop (2.8.3), and have over 1TB of hard drive space. Also, I have the TiVo desktop use another area for the cache. TiVo Desktop is using Bonjour for the transfers. I tried Beacon and had the same problem.

When the transfer is interrupted there is no segments on my hard drive. It did not transfer anything. This is the same for dozens of different HD files. Then I transfer a SD file and it works great. My ethernet connection from the TiVo is plugged directly into my wireless router. I even disabled all firewalls and severely reduced any programs running in the background. I did once plug my ethernet cable from the TiVo directly into my PC and it did work, but the transfer of one HD file stated it would take 12 hours to finish for a one hour program!

I did try to transfer using the internet and it failed in the same way. I also removed my cordless phone (2.4GHz) from next to the PC and ho help at all.

Any other suggestions for me?
gnerase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:37 PM   #2
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Is the problem only to that specific recording?

There could be a glitch (seen or unseen) in that recording to cause problems in transferring.

Try another similar recording.
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:29 PM   #3
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnerase View Post
I can transfer low definition files fine to my PC, but most often not able to do the same with HD files. It starts the transfer and then stops after about 2 minutes with "Interrupted". I try to restart continuously without luck. I use a wireless connection, NTFS PC, the latest TiVo Desktop (2.8.3), and have over 1TB of hard drive space. Also, I have the TiVo desktop use another area for the cache. TiVo Desktop is using Bonjour for the transfers. I tried Beacon and had the same problem.

When the transfer is interrupted there is no segments on my hard drive. It did not transfer anything. This is the same for dozens of different HD files. Then I transfer a SD file and it works great. My ethernet connection from the TiVo is plugged directly into my wireless router. I even disabled all firewalls and severely reduced any programs running in the background. I did once plug my ethernet cable from the TiVo directly into my PC and it did work, but the transfer of one HD file stated it would take 12 hours to finish for a one hour program!

I did try to transfer using the internet and it failed in the same way. I also removed my cordless phone (2.4GHz) from next to the PC and ho help at all.

Any other suggestions for me?

Create another folder on the same partition as the My TiVo Recordings folder and move all the shows into the new folder.

Uninstall Desktop.

Delete the cache folder it was using.

Reboot the computer.

Re-install Desktop.

(2.8.3 is just 2.8.2 with something added for the new DirecTiVo, so either will do)

After it's set up you can move the shows back into the MTR folder.

Might help, no guarantees.

I've seen times when Desktop can copy an hour show in about 30 minutes and times when it takes 2 or 3 hours or more, no rhyme or reason.

It's better than nothing, but it's not the best piece of software in the world by a long shot.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:42 PM   #4
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitron View Post
Create another folder on the same partition as the My TiVo Recordings folder and move all the shows into the new folder.
This might be the only step needed, after which you can clear the Tivo Desktop cache by going to the Preferences dialog and selecting the Restart or Reset tab.

Doing this will eliminate the possibility that a corrupt video in the My Tivo Recordings folder is causing things to go wonky.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote