TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-07-2013, 04:16 PM   #1
sharkster

Malfunctioning Tuner (I think) - Premiere

I'm hoping somebody else might be able to shed some light on this problem, which seems to have become chronic on one of my Premieres.

Set up - (the same with both Premieres) - 2 Tuner Premiere, Motorola Tuning Adapter, Charter Cable is my cable co.

On my living room Tivo, the last several days when I first turn the TV on, there are channels that say 'unauthorized' with that little Tivo box on a black screen. Or, sometimes it seems to have just stopped in the middle of a picture and you see a paused picture on the screen, also with the Tivo 'box' that says the channel is unauthorized. It seems to be randomly quite a few, but not all, of my channels. IOW, it's not even always the same channels that are missing.

I'm pretty sure it's not a Charter problem because I can go in the bdrm, turn on that TV, and all the channels are fine.

When it first happened it seemed to clear up pretty quickly but yesterday I waited it out for a few hours and still channels were unauthorized. I finally re-started the Tivo and everything was fine again. This morning I turned on the TV to find the same problem so, after something was finished recording, I restarted the Tivo and, again, everything fine.

I try to figure things out before I make phone calls but I'm not an electronics expert. This is confusing. I don't think it's my cable and I don't even think it's the tuning adapter because when I restart the Tivo all is good again.

I'm a little paranoid to mess with the tuning adapter and CableCARD because the cable guy had such difficulty, last March when I got my Premieres, getting them going. But everything has been pretty much fine since he set them up.

Any ideas?
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:44 PM   #2
jrtroo
User

Try reseating your cablecard. Turn off tivo, pull it out and reinsert a few times.