TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-05-2013, 10:18 AM   #1
tiassa
Me --Avatar

Tivo Nightmare!

I was at my stepfather's house to watch the Super Bowl, he had just replaced his original S3 with a premiere, because the S3 was having issues. We were watching the Sandy Hook kids sing "America the Beautiful" and the picture was was breaking up slightly. I figured it was a problem with his cable.

Then the Tivo reboots -- "Uh-oh-- well it should be back before we miss too much of the game"

And then . . . . .
GREEN SCREEN -- "Tivo has detected a serious problem which may take 3 hours to repair"!! AAAARRRGHHH!!

Fortunately we ran to the local Home Depot, snagged a digital antenna and swapped the TV over to that. As the Premiere is still relatively new (even if it is a refurb) I told him to to contact Tivo and have then send him another one.
tiassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:36 AM   #2
WhiskeyTango

Ok...
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:44 AM   #3
EchoBravo
TV-MA LSV

Play was just resuming from after the blackout when my 48-hour old Premiere went to a black screen and threw up an error screen.

Searching for signal on this cable channel...

Since it was only the CBS station, I thought it was a Cox cable issue. Nope. The TV in the bedroom with just an old fashioned cable box hooked up to it showed the channel just fine.

Later, I discovered the local ABC station was also not showing. All others were fine, even obscure high channels requiring the tuning adapter.

Two days and several tuning adapter resets later, all seems fine. As I'm just a few days into my second marriage with TiVo after a 13-month affair with a generic cable company DVR, it's not the start I wanted. Hopefully things will be fine now.
EchoBravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:36 PM   #4
innocentfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoBravo View Post
Play was just resuming from after the blackout when my 48-hour old Premiere went to a black screen and threw up an error screen.

Searching for signal on this cable channel...

Since it was only the CBS station, I thought it was a Cox cable issue. Nope. The TV in the bedroom with just an old fashioned cable box hooked up to it showed the channel just fine.

Later, I discovered the local ABC station was also not showing. All others were fine, even obscure high channels requiring the tuning adapter.

Two days and several tuning adapter resets later, all seems fine. As I'm just a few days into my second marriage with TiVo after a 13-month affair with a generic cable company DVR, it's not the start I wanted. Hopefully things will be fine now.
I saw lots of reports on twitter of people on Cox and Comcast I believe having CableCARD issues both with TiVo and Media Center just on CBS during the Super Bowl.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
innocentfreak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:56 PM   #5
celtic pride

sounds like a conspiracy by comcast and cox to get tivo users to switch to their cable box.what better time to have a problem with your tivo than during the super bowl
celtic pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:57 PM   #6
dlfl
Cranky old novice

I don't believe in conspiracy theories but I'm sure TWC will be upset to hear that Comcast and Cox actually outdid them in screwing TiVo owners at least for one night.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try

pyTivo users: Try
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote