TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-26-2013, 06:12 PM   #31
srauly

I was thinking before that since it was locked to my old TiVo HD that I really don't care to use, that I'd pass on the deal, but now I'm thinking that maybe I should go ahead and do it, since it looks like I might be able to eBay it for $200 or more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- Tapwave Zodiac news, reviews, and discussion -
srauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:18 PM   #32
P42

geeman11 & srauly,
Lifetime is for the life of the Tivo, as djwilso has said. So if you got the $49 offer email from Tivo, they've turned that unwanted Tivo into a $200 to $300 asset. You sister or wallet will appreciate it
P42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:45 PM   #33
GoEagles

I would love to get $49 Lifetime service on this unused Premiere box of mine.
GoEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:04 PM   #34
Tobashadow

Just great, I was going to use part of our tax return to buy a couple used TivoHd boxes to replace our two multi times a day rebooting S2's and now the price will be jacked up on ebay.

If the offer for $49 for lifetime on one of your old HD boxes don't interest you then give me a message with a offer.

New and Improved! - Cancer Free since Feb 10th 2010!!! F*%K Cancer!
Tobashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:23 AM   #35
Worf

Hrm - I wonder if I can use it to move my old series 2 to lifetime...? The only thing is it's still subbed, but i haven't plugged it in for over a year (yeah, TiVo's been paid while it's been off, I know I know).
Worf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:55 AM   #36
pmiranda

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
I will bet that you would need at least 2 years at the monthly rate, some TPs were sold for $0 and a 2 year commitment at about $20/month, so that would $480+$49 for a Lifetime TP, you could get the TP for about $60 or so some years ago + $400 for Lifetime, not much difference in total price.

I don't think you can take a TP for a few months at some monthly rate than get a $49 Lifetime offer.
Thank you for making feel better about buying lifetime years ago :-)
pmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:34 PM   #37
Joey Bagadonuts

Just an FYI- I just spoke with Veronica at TiVo Customer Support and she said the $49 offer only applies to DVR's whose service was discontinue prior to October 2012. So if you're thinking of discontinuing your TiVo service now in anticipation of receiving an email saying you can reactivate it under a lifetime subscription for $49, you might want to reconsider.
Joey Bagadonuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:05 PM   #38
Loach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobashadow View Post
Just great, I was going to use part of our tax return to buy a couple used TivoHd boxes to replace our two multi times a day rebooting S2's and now the price will be jacked up on ebay.

If the offer for $49 for lifetime on one of your old HD boxes don't interest you then give me a message with a offer.
How would a larger potential supply of these boxes on ebay cause the prices to be jacked up?
Loach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #39
MeInDallas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Bagadonuts View Post
Just an FYI- I just spoke with Veronica at TiVo Customer Support and she said the $49 offer only applies to DVR's whose service was discontinue prior to October 2012. So if you're thinking of discontinuing your TiVo service now in anticipation of receiving an email saying you can reactivate it under a lifetime subscription for $49, you might want to reconsider.
Sounds like yet another Tivo service rep that doesnt know what they are talking about . . . . again. I cancelled 2 of mine in December 2012 and got the $49 lifetime on both of them. I paid a full years contract on both. I cancelled a 3rd at the same time but only paid a few months on it. I wasnt offered the $49 lifetime deal on that one for some reason. We will probably never know what their criteria is on that deal. Seems like some are getting it and some are not.
MeInDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:16 PM   #40
aridon

Guys how much has the software speed been improved over the last year? Thinking of coming back but the HD guide I found slow and a mess about a year ago and not sure if its improved any.

I know SD guide is an option but not my first choice.

Also I called today for this and they said it expired on the 30th of Jan.

Last edited by aridon : 02-02-2013 at 02:50 PM.
aridon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:01 PM   #41
srauly

Well, I decided to take advantage of the offer, but then I was out of the office last week, and I realized that the offer expired on 1/30. I had two TiVo HD's at the time that I cancelled my service. One of those had gotten fried by electricity, and the offer I got in my email listed only one ESN that it was good for. The TiVo was buried away in a storage area that I knew my wife wouldn't find, so I figured I'd probably be out of luck, but would try to give them a call once I got back into town, just in case.

Anyone else here happen to call *after* the expiration date of the offer expired?

In the process of digging through my storage room, I was amused to find a brand-new, never opened TiVo HD. I had totally forgotten about that one. I had actually gotten it from Blockbuster (I think for $99) back when Blockbuster was dumping their inventory. It would have been my 3rd TiVo at the time (my other electrocuted one hadn't been electrocuted yet), but I was still debating whether or not to bother, so it just sat in its box in my closet forever. Anyway, that got me to wondering if I might be able to swing a $50 lifetime deal on that one, too.

Anyways, right now I'm waiting for the Guided Setup to complete. I figured I should make sure everything's working OK before bothering to call. The deactivated one previously had a cablecard in it (which is now in my SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime) and I didn't want to try swapping that in (not sure if that might screw things up), so I plugged in an antenna and am going that route. Not sure if I can even tune in any/many channels at my location.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 02-02-2013, 04:02 PM   #42
srauly

Well, that was a waste of my afternoon. After waiting [forever] for the Guided Setup to complete and verifying that everything was working OK, I called the number and was told that the offer expired and was no longer in their system. Out of luck.