TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-24-2013, 06:14 PM   #1
lindsay001

Is there a quick way to empty "Recently Deleted"

I have 3 THR22 with 2TB drives. When "Recently Deleted" fills up (500 or 600) programs it slows down the units. Is there a quick way to empty the "Recently Deleted" folder?

Thanks
lindsay001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:05 PM   #2
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
No - this is a common TiVo complaint/request.

Why do you think it "slows down" the DVR, though? I don't know why that should be the case.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:34 PM   #3
Arcady
Stargate Fan

How do you end up with 500+ items in recently deleted? I don't ever see more than 20 things in there.
Two TiVo Minis

Left DirecTV 4/15/07. Left TWC 8/8/11. Now on Comcast Xfinity.
Arcady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:52 PM   #4
SNJpage1

I wish some one would come up with a hack for doing that. It would be great to put in some 3 digit code and the recently deleted list go empty. Maybe Tivo could set it up that after 30 days a file deletes itself from that list.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:59 PM   #5
justen_m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcady View Post
How do you end up with 500+ items in recently deleted? I don't ever see more than 20 things in there.
I'm guessing the OP has suggestions turned off. I have suggestions on, and never see more than a dozen or two items in recently deleted. The get nuked by suggestions. My drive is only 1Tb, but still.
justen_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:52 PM   #6
lindsay001

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevel View Post
No - this is a common TiVo complaint/request.

Why do you think it "slows down" the DVR, though? I don't know why that should be the case.
I notice when I clean up the ToDo lists it is more responsive when the "recently deleted" is empty. Also I find the menus more responsive. BTW I do have suggestions turned on, and I keep that cleaned up, so a lot of stuff in the "recently deleted". I also notice less HD activity when the "recently deleted" is empty.

With all the other things that don't work the same on the THR22 as the DVR40/HDVR2's, it's minor. Right now I can't record VOD, and I've been told to wait for a software update, and Swivel Search only works on 2 out of 3 units. With all the time it took, and the extra cost, the THR22 is still not ready for primetime.
lindsay001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:35 PM   #7
Adam1115
20,000!!!

It's not a folder that contains anything, think of it as 'undelete'.

They are already deleted, there's no reason to do anything more with them.
Adam1115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:48 AM   #8
marpezko

Is there a quick way to empty "Recently Deleted"

I agree Bring out the pitchforks Its mostly a cosmetic bug, but it would be nice if it could be fixed. Maybe the problem is inherent to the forum software though, and Telltale has no control over fixing it?
marpezko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:36 PM   #9
Adam1115
20,000!!!

It's not a bug, because it's not a problem. Recently Deleted is the equivalent to undelete. You don't need to do anything with it.
Adam1115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:12 PM   #10
chamelea

AUTO-deletion after about 2 weeks??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcady View Post
FWIW, I've noticed that my 'deleted' folder seems to hold programs for about two weeks before automatically removing them. (I have Suggestions disabled, and the 'available disk' stat stays around 80%.)

All of the programs show their date recorded. The date range in my folder today is July 11 to July 27, or 16 days. I'm pretty sure that tomorrow the shows from July 11 will have disappeared.

Two weeks of deletions varies from 130 to 160 programs, which I suppose is a rough guide to how many television programs I am recording, and then clearing. That means I watch an average of ten programs each day. I'm a cable news junkie, so more than half of those are CNN, MSNBC, or FoxNews (yes, I like to follow both sides of the 'news' spectrum).

Nov '12 SWM Dish w/ THR22-100
Now retired: Oct '02 Elliptical dish
Sony SAT-60, Phillips 7000, HR10-250 w/PTVnet)
chamelea is offline   Reply With Quote