TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-23-2013, 01:54 PM   #1
newsposter
Poster of News

black gold (any ep)

a true soap opera with all men. i'm almost caught up with this season and have no doubt that the boss is going to jail. not taking his atty's advice was just stupid

and the drama 'at home' and stuff just is over the top staged...well i hope it is. like moving in a roomie without telling the other roomie..just absurd.

i see that the CGI guy from ice road truckers found a place on this show..the scenes are comical.

dropping a wrench in the hole was a bit funny, something so simple could have cost them big money but my 1st thought was big magnet, i just didnt realize they actually had one lol. my bet it it's just for things like this and the drama was so needless

i love when the supervisor comes on site to yell at the guys. also the landowner coming to see them seems really forced and out of place. i didnt hear about any signs of litter, speeding, firing guns or anything like that other woman had a few years ago

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:37 AM   #2
Bob Coxner

Brandon is likely headed for 8+ years in prison. I doubt that is staged.
Bob Coxner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:08 AM   #3
newsposter
Poster of News

i watched the rest of the ep..him not calling in to let them know he was in court is just crazy. it has to be part of the show because oscar woulda fired him a long time ago otherwise. are they really that close? if i was the other guys id be upset because of the favoritism

!

Old 01-25-2013, 08:42 AM   #4
Bob Coxner

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsposter View Post
i watched the rest of the ep..him not calling in to let them know he was in court is just crazy. it has to be part of the show because oscar woulda fired him a long time ago otherwise. are they really that close? if i was the other guys id be upset because of the favoritism
If you have been watching since the beginning of the series, Brandon is a tremendous driller. When and if he shows up. He and Oscar are friends, and Oscar also has a criminal past, so Oscar cuts him quite a bit of slack.

Oil field roughnecks aren't Harvard graduates or Sunday school teachers. It's some of the most physical labor imaginable, so the people willing to do it tend to get drunk and not always show up, get in fights, get arrested frequently, etc. If they fired everyone who had such problems they wouldn't have any workers left.

Some parts of the show may be staged but Brandon's anger issues are not. Once he's sentenced to prison, and that seems inevitable, the show will be much less interesting.

Brandon isn't the brightest bulb. He was arrested for driving with a suspended license, "enhanced" meaning he's been arrested for doing the same thing numerous times. So, what's the first thing he does after getting out? He hops on his motorcycle, along with his suspended license, and rides off to a bar to drink. All of which will go into his sentencing report that will determine how many years he gets in prison for assault.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:24 AM   #5
newsposter
Poster of News

good help must be hard to find if the owners keep these guys around after seeing all this video

didnt know oscar was a con too

!

Old 02-28-2013, 08:00 AM   #6
newsposter
Poster of News

someone messed up the download numbers and apparenlty i'm watching out of order. ep 8 showed the end of things, with court etc, then i got to ep 9 and they are still drilling for hole 3 and we saw oscars wife! and brandons dad

anyways...getting dismissal for the case must mean the guy didnt show up in court? otherwise how in the world could that get tossed out. sends a very bad message

the scenes with the landowner are so scripted it's not funny. he looks very out of place there. the guy competing with cheston for driller drank some of the muddy water and that was purely gross! sign of insanity knowing guys just pee in there too. plus all the other chemicals.

the psychiatrist always looks scared to death when she's with brandon, maybe thats her natural look?

!

Old 02-28-2013, 08:23 AM   #7
Bob Coxner

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsposter View Post
someone messed up the download numbers and apparenlty i'm watching out of order. ep 8 showed the end of things, with court etc, then i got to ep 9 and they are still drilling for hole 3 and we saw oscars wife! and brandons dad

anyways...getting dismissal for the case must mean the guy didnt show up in court? otherwise how in the world could that get tossed out. sends a very bad message

the scenes with the landowner are so scripted it's not funny. he looks very out of place there. the guy competing with cheston for driller drank some of the muddy water and that was purely gross! sign of insanity knowing guys just pee in there too. plus all the other chemicals.

the psychiatrist always looks scared to death when she's with brandon, maybe thats her natural look?
It was clearly a network error. The season ended a few weeks ago and then we got episodes that hadn't aired before.

My guess on the dismissal is that the victim (another driller) didn't follow through with the case. The machismo on an oil rig is beyond even that of a crab boat. So, to press a case for being assaulted in a fist fight would be seen like a little girl crying to her mother that the bad boy was hitting her. Perhaps too much embarrassment for the victim to take since you know they would be taunted about it forever. The code is, if you get beat up, you don't cry to the police, you wait and beat up the other guy later.

*I* would look scared to death if I was with Brandon! :-)