TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-23-2013, 02:56 PM   #1
drhoads

What Hard Drive for HD XL TCD658000

I have two (2) HD XL (150hrs) Model TCD658000. I think the hard drives might be going bad. I get reboot lockups and gray screen. The capacitors look good. I copied the hard drive images a few years ago after getting the units using WinMFS.

What WD hard drives are compatible? I read warnings about WD green hard drives. All of the threads I read are a catch all and out dated.

I would like advice on what 1TB hard drives to get and will WinMFS restore the image to a new hard drive without any problems?

Thanks
drhoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:35 PM   #2
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoads View Post
I have two (2) HD XL (150hrs) Model TCD658000. I think the hard drives might be going bad. I get reboot lockups and gray screen. The capacitors look good. I copied the hard drive images a few years ago after getting the units using WinMFS.

What WD hard drives are compatible? I read warnings about WD green hard drives. All of the threads I read are a catch all and out dated.

I would like advice on what 1TB hard drives to get and will WinMFS restore the image to a new hard drive without any problems?

Thanks
Go ahead and get a WD20EURS AV 2TB drive, you'll do much better GB/$ wise, it doesn't have Intellipower enabled, runs cool and quiet.

Check the prices at newegg and Amazon.

I'm running one in a regular S3 HD and lots of other people here are using them in all three S3 models and Premieres as well.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote