TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2013, 08:38 AM   #1
rimler
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 124
Justified - Truth and Consequences - S04E03

Great episode, as always, with entertaining writing and dialog. Although it got a little predictable. As soon as the girlfriend revealed the past cons she her husband pulled off, we knew Rayland's money was gonna be gone. Rayland sure makes dumb decisions around women.

And when Boyd's boy got bit so many times, especially on the face, I said "He's dead." When they got back to the bar with him still alive but only "almost dead" I had to amend my opinion to "the snakes have been de-venomed." Didn't take long for (someone, doc, Boyd?) to confirm that in conversation and send Boyd back to church

If Duffy has heard about the last time that brother Johnny was trusted to turn on Boyd, he'd just shoot Johnny now. And would anyone really believe that Johnny would blame Boyd for his current health, rather than his papa, who shot him with a shotgun in the gut from 6 inches away?
rimler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:40 AM   #2
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Orange Barrel State
Posts: 13,829
LMAO! Our threads were started simultaneously!!! I'll empty mine since yours has a better thread title. Here is the post from mine:

Wow. I am loving how the main storyline is unfolding this season! Now we get Arlo's connection and why he killed the trustee.

The scene with Boyd and the preacher was great. Hard to believe the kid from Jurassic Park is hanging in there with Boyd Crowder. Very curious to see where this storyline goes from here.

Not really pumped about Johnny going to Wynn Duffy. We've been down this road before. Hopefully there is a reason and it will be interesting.

Curious to see how willing Raylan's girlfriend's exit with his cash turns out to be.

Love that Art is getting more screen time this season. He's been fantastic.

The only thing I'm not particularly fond of is the mess of the Marshall's office. Art is on the ball but Rachel, Tim, and Raylan are all somewhat on the edge. That is a little bit too much for me.

I forget anything?
__________________
There's plenty of room for all God's creatures... Right next to the mashed potatoes.

Bachelorhood: Life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit.

Xbox Live: ClutchBrake
ClutchBrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:42 AM   #3
rimler
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 124
One of us needs to get up earlier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchBrake View Post
LMAO! Our threads were started simultaneously!!! I'll empty mine since yours has a better thread title.

rimler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:46 AM   #4
rimler
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 124
I halfway thought there wouldn't be any snake in that toolbox. I think Boyd was genuinely shocked at the preacher's fervor that he could handle a poisonous snake. Boyd seemed a little shook up when he left the tent.

If Rayland hadn't been so proud of himself for running the fighter out of town, he'd have realized at 6pm that something was amiss when the fighter disappeared. Kudos to Rayland for showing up though.....he'd have gotten his ass kicked again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchBrake View Post

The scene with Boyd and the preacher was great. Hard to believe the kid from Jurassic Park is hanging in there with Boyd Crowder. Very curious to see where this storyline goes from here.

rimler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:55 AM   #5
Amnesia
The Question
 
Amnesia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 9,428
What did Boyd send those two guys to do? Kill the preacher?

Then why didn't they just splash gasoline on the tent and set it on fire?
Amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:19 AM   #6
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Orange Barrel State
Posts: 13,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia View Post
What did Boyd send those two guys to do? Kill the preacher?

Then why didn't they just splash gasoline on the tent and set it on fire?
I don't think they were there to kill him. I think they were there to threaten him. I don't think Boyd wants a martyr. He's better off with the preacher leaving town quietly or discrediting him (as he did).
__________________
There's plenty of room for all God's creatures... Right next to the mashed potatoes.

Bachelorhood: Life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit.

Xbox Live: ClutchBrake
ClutchBrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:45 AM   #7
Sadara
huh?
 
Sadara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 3,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia View Post
What did Boyd send those two guys to do? Kill the preacher?

Then why didn't they just splash gasoline on the tent and set it on fire?
I said that while we were watching the episode. Knowing there were snakes in there.... I wouldn't have gone in it, PERIOD!! I'd have throw some gasoline on it and lit it up!

All this marshall stiffy conversation is getting weird!
Sadara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:49 AM   #8
Sadara
huh?
 
Sadara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 3,179
By the way, can someone help me out. The guy who played the FBI agent that offed himself, I've seen him in something else and I cannot place it.
Sadara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #9
Mr. Soze
The Devil you know
 
Mr. Soze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 13,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimler View Post
Great episode, as always, with entertaining writing and dialog. Although it got a little predictable. As soon as the girlfriend revealed the past cons she her husband pulled off, we knew Rayland's money was gonna be gone. Rayland sure makes dumb decisions around women.
Raylan. Although Art does makes it sound like it has d at the end to my ear.
__________________
"Your attitude sucks, Soze." ThomasDrew
"WHAT KIND OF MONSTER ARE YOU?!?" Rob Helmerichs
Mr. Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:55 PM   #10
Sadara
huh?
 
Sadara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 3,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadara View Post
By the way, can someone help me out. The guy who played the FBI agent that offed himself, I've seen him in something else and I cannot place it.
Nevermind, found it. He was the partner in the firm at Drop Dead Diva.
Sadara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:41 PM   #11
Jonathan_S
Registered User
 
Jonathan_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 13,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchBrake View Post
Wow. I am loving how the main storyline is unfolding this season! Now we get Arlo's connection and why he killed the trustee.
Wait, I think I must have missed something...
Can someone remind me how Arlo is connected to the cocaine bag / faked death?
__________________
Xbox: MetalThreshkeen -- PSN: Threshkeen
TiVo Elite
Jonathan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:48 PM   #12
Gerryex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Land O Lakes, FL
Posts: 712
I'm confused!

Hi ALL,

I'm confused about the Drew Thompson storyline. I read the recaps for all 3 episodes on EW.com and they were quite helpful. But the one thing I'm confused about is when did Drew Thompson's name first come up? In the recap for Where's Waldo it describes the marshall gang talking to the Truths and Mama Truth finally admitting that she had not seen Waldo for almost 30 years when he went away with a pilot to do a job. Then the recap says "Once Art figured out the pilot's name was Drew Thompson. . ." Is this the first time Thompson's name was mentioned. Did Art give any reasons why he thought the pilot was Thompson? The recaps don't say anything else on this point.

Thanks,
Gerry
Gerryex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:54 PM   #13
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Orange Barrel State
Posts: 13,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_S View Post
Wait, I think I must have missed something...
Can someone remind me how Arlo is connected to the cocaine bag / faked death?
Arlo had a Panamanian diplomatic bag hidden in the wall of his home. In that bag was (were?) the personal effects of Waldo Truth. Hence, Arlo's connection to Drew Thompson. That explains why he killed the trustee ASAP. He did not want Theo Tonin getting wind of Drew Thompson's faked death and any connection Arlo has to it.
__________________
There's plenty of room for all God's creatures... Right next to the mashed potatoes.

Bachelorhood: Life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit.

Xbox Live: ClutchBrake
ClutchBrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:00 PM   #14
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Orange Barrel State
Posts: 13,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerryex View Post
Hi ALL,

I'm confused about the Drew Thompson storyline. I read the recaps for all 3 episodes on EW.com and they were quite helpful. But the one thing I'm confused about is when did Drew Thompson's name first come up? In the recap for Where's Waldo it describes the marshall gang talking to the Truths and Mama Truth finally admitting that she had not seen Waldo for almost 30 years when he went away with a pilot to do a job. Then the recap says "Once Art figured out the pilot's name was Drew Thompson. . ." Is this the first time Thompson's name was mentioned. Did Art give any reasons why he thought the pilot was Thompson? The recaps don't say anything else on this point.

Thanks,
Gerry
When Art and company were questioning the Truth family and they were busted on the draw checks he asked what really happened to Waldo. It came out that she last saw him 30 years ago with some pilot. After some back and forth about the name she came close enough to Drew (I think she said something like it rhyming with Jew!) that it sparked Art's memory of "the day cocaine came to Harlan county". That is where Drew Thompson came in. Keep in mind Waldo's contact information was found in a Panamanian diplomatic bag. The same Panamanian diplomatic bags found at the landing site of Drew Thompson's body (actually Waldo Truth).

Further, the Marshal service investigated and changed the autopsy results from that of Drew Thompson to Waldo Truth. This alerted the FBI to the case and the fact that Drew Thompson didn't die 30 years ago. An FBI agent in the pocket of Theo Tonin then relayed that info to Tonin. The FBI agent's first move was to get his hands on Drew Thompson's wife.
__________________
There's plenty of room for all God's creatures... Right next to the mashed potatoes.

Bachelorhood: Life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit.

Xbox Live: ClutchBrake
ClutchBrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:00 AM   #15
cheesesteak
Meh.
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: 15 mins from Philly
Posts: 24,937
Did we know that Raylan had his valuables in the sock drawer? What were they?

How dumb must the girlfriend be to steal from a US Marshall and think she'll get away with it. Doesn't she have cable?
__________________

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:16 AM   #16
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Orange Barrel State
Posts: 13,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
Did we know that Raylan had his valuables in the sock drawer? What were they?

How dumb must the girlfriend be to steal from a US Marshall and think she'll get away with it. Doesn't she have cable?
Cash. When he picked up the fugitive off the books earlier in the season he got $10K in cash. He comes back in the bedroom and puts the cash in his underwear drawer and tells his girlfriend about it.

She probably doesn't want to get away with it. No reason for her to have tossed the room when she knew exactly where the money was.
__________________
There's plenty of room for all God's creatures... Right next to the mashed potatoes.

Bachelorhood: Life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit.

Xbox Live: ClutchBrake
ClutchBrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:25 AM   #17
tiassa
Me --Avatar
 
tiassa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
Did we know that Raylan had his valuables in the sock drawer? What were they?
All the extra cash he had been earning on his "off the books" jobs (like picking up the bail jumper for woman in Florida that started the action in S4E1).

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
How dumb must the girlfriend be to steal from a US Marshall and think she'll get away with it. Doesn't she have cable?
Either they are heading back to Florida (where Raylan has some connections) or they are not, in which case the fighter is in violation of his parole (and Raylan can "legally" chase him)

My thing was that I thought the woman owned (or at least managed) the bar so that running off would be more of a liability
tiassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:26 AM   #18
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!
 
Rob Helmerichs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 30,814
And we don't know what happened to her, do we? Was she a willing participant? Did the angry ex drag her away?

Seems to me she has a good thing going with Raylan and the bar, and that nothing good ever came from the angry ex. If I were Raylan, I'd be pretty worried for her right about now.
__________________
“This is the moment of truth. Are you my friend, or are you some bloodsucking network vampire?”
“Why do I have to pick one or the other?”
Rob Helmerichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:36 AM   #19
philw1776
Registered User
 
philw1776's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Seacoast NH
Posts: 2,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchBrake View Post
Cash. When he picked up the fugitive off the books earlier in the season he got $10K in cash. He comes back in the bedroom and puts the cash in his underwear drawer and tells his girlfriend about it.
"Rayland" shoulda hid himself a rattler in that drawer
philw1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:59 AM   #20
Jonathan_S
Registered User
 
Jonathan_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 13,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchBrake View Post
Arlo had a Panamanian diplomatic bag hidden in the wall of his home. In that bag was (were?) the personal effects of Waldo Truth. Hence, Arlo's connection to Drew Thompson. That explains why he killed the trustee ASAP. He did not want Theo Tonin getting wind of Drew Thompson's faked death and any connection Arlo has to it.
Oh sure, I knew that. I though you were saying we knew how the bag got from the cul-de-sack to Arlo. (Or maybe it's another bag from the same shipment; that wasn't part of the faked death.)

But either way we know there has to be some connection, but don't really know what it is yet. The new info is the confirmation that the stakes are still very high; Theo Tonin's willing to have people killed to track down this missing Drew. (So Arlo's willing to kill to say off their radar; instead of, say, for greed)
__________________
Xbox: MetalThreshkeen -- PSN: Threshkeen
TiVo Elite
Jonathan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:39 AM   #21
cheesesteak
Meh.
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: 15 mins from Philly
Posts: 24,937
Whether the girlfriend was involved in the robbery or not, the parole violatin' ex-con has to be dumber than Manti Teo to steal from a US Marshall that he knows knows that he's violating his parole and had given him a free pass to get out of town by sundown. I know criminals are always stupid in Elmore Leonard's books but that's really stupid.
__________________

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:53 AM   #22
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Orange Barrel State
Posts: 13,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_S View Post
Oh sure, I knew that. I though you were saying we knew how the bag got from the cul-de-sack to Arlo. (Or maybe it's another bag from the same shipment; that wasn't part of the faked death.)
The bag Arlo has was never in the cul-de-sac. It containted the personal effects Drew Thompson took off Waldo before chunking him out of the plane.

I want to know why Drew Thompson didn't destroy it. Or if he trusted Arlo to do it and Arlo kept it as very dangerous leverage.
__________________
There's plenty of room for all God's creatures... Right next to the mashed potatoes.

Bachelorhood: Life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit.

Xbox Live: ClutchBrake
ClutchBrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:15 PM   #23
philw1776
Registered User
 
philw1776's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Seacoast NH
Posts: 2,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
Whether the girlfriend was involved in the robbery or not, the parole violatin' ex-con has to be dumber than Manti Teo to steal from a US Marshall that he knows knows that he's violating his parole and had given him a free pass to get out of town by sundown. I know criminals are always stupid in Elmore Leonard's books but that's really stupid.
Hilarious. Yup THAT stupid seems to exceed the Elmore threshold.

Guy's tough with his fists, but bringing fists to a gunfight...
philw1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:59 PM   #24
Mr. Soze
The Devil you know
 
Mr. Soze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 13,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
Whether the girlfriend was involved in the robbery or not, the parole violatin' ex-con has to be dumber than Manti Teo to steal from a US Marshall that he knows knows that he's violating his parole and had given him a free pass to get out of town by sundown. I know criminals are always stupid in Elmore Leonard's books but that's really stupid.
It shouldn't be a spoiler at this point but JIC
Spoiler:
It also echoes back to the very first scene in S01E01 when Raylan told a guy to be out of Miami by some time and ended up shooting him, thereby earning the trip back to Kentucky.

__________________
"Your attitude sucks, Soze." ThomasDrew
"WHAT KIND OF MONSTER ARE YOU?!?" Rob Helmerichs
Mr. Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:36 PM   #25
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser
 
MikeAndrews's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Northern Illinois (Dn Nr WI)
Posts: 11,823
I figured the guy "I couldn't knock down with a hammer" will pop up again soon.

That FBI agent came out of nowhere and went away kinda quick. Other than it's Raylan's World, Raylan watching an FBI agent off himself should not be an "oh well" incident.
__________________
1) Series 4 Premiere - Lifetime
2) Series 3 OLED - Lifetime.
2) Series 2 DT 500GB
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:00 PM   #26
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!
 
Rob Helmerichs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 30,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post
That FBI agent came out of nowhere and went away kinda quick. Other than it's Raylan's World, Raylan watching an FBI agent off himself should not be an "oh well" incident.
Well, in the past there have always been consequences when Raylan's been involved in a death, sometimes long-lasting consequences. So I suspect we haven't heard the last of the matter.

(That's one thing I like about this show...it takes shooting people seriously.)
__________________
“This is the moment of truth. Are you my friend, or are you some bloodsucking network vampire?”
“Why do I have to pick one or the other?”
Rob Helmerichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:53 PM   #27
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Orange Barrel State
Posts: 13,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post
That FBI agent came out of nowhere and went away kinda quick.
I felt like it was just a quick way to show us how connected Theo Tonin really is. We knew he was dangerous before, but being that connected is serious.

Felt the same way about Art's speech to the marshal who had his eye on Art's position in the future. Quick way to tell us about Raylan always being trouble and how now even Rachel and Tim are on the edge.
__________________
There's plenty of room for all God's creatures... Right next to the mashed potatoes.

Bachelorhood: Life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit.

Xbox Live: ClutchBrake
ClutchBrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:22 PM   #28
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer
 
Bierboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Quad Sillies
Posts: 11,349
Marshall "stiffy" made a return appearance...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:08 PM   #29
Gerryex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Land O Lakes, FL
Posts: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchBrake View Post
When Art and company were questioning the Truth family and they were busted on the draw checks he asked what really happened to Waldo. It came out that she last saw him 30 years ago with some pilot.
. . .
Hi ClutchBrake,

Thanks a bunch! Now that you describe it I do remember it. Although I try to watch as intentively as possible as I really do enjoy this show, every once in a while my mind wanders and I miss some info like this.

Gerry
Gerryex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:58 PM   #30
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser
 
MikeAndrews's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Northern Illinois (Dn Nr WI)
Posts: 11,823
"So when Wyatt Earp here did the same thing?"
- I figure you're redeemable.

They're finally addressing that US Marshalls don't do much of that stuff other than track down fugitives.

One thing: When pilots like John Denver have their pilot certificates or pilot medical certificates revoked the FAA will request that the paper be turned in, when it isn't they send the US Marshalls to confiscate it. That could make a nice plotline.
__________________
1) Series 4 Premiere - Lifetime
2) Series 3 OLED - Lifetime.
2) Series 2 DT 500GB
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVo® is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 PM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |