TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-23-2013, 08:38 AM   #1
rimler

Justified - Truth and Consequences - S04E03

Great episode, as always, with entertaining writing and dialog. Although it got a little predictable. As soon as the girlfriend revealed the past cons she her husband pulled off, we knew Rayland's money was gonna be gone. Rayland sure makes dumb decisions around women.

And when Boyd's boy got bit so many times, especially on the face, I said "He's dead." When they got back to the bar with him still alive but only "almost dead" I had to amend my opinion to "the snakes have been de-venomed." Didn't take long for (someone, doc, Boyd?) to confirm that in conversation and send Boyd back to church

If Duffy has heard about the last time that brother Johnny was trusted to turn on Boyd, he'd just shoot Johnny now. And would anyone really believe that Johnny would blame Boyd for his current health, rather than his papa, who shot him with a shotgun in the gut from 6 inches away?
rimler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:40 AM   #2
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

LMAO! Our threads were started simultaneously!!! I'll empty mine since yours has a better thread title. Here is the post from mine:

Wow. I am loving how the main storyline is unfolding this season! Now we get Arlo's connection and why he killed the trustee.

The scene with Boyd and the preacher was great. Hard to believe the kid from Jurassic Park is hanging in there with Boyd Crowder. Very curious to see where this storyline goes from here.

Not really pumped about Johnny going to Wynn Duffy. We've been down this road before. Hopefully there is a reason and it will be interesting.

Curious to see how willing Raylan's girlfriend's exit with his cash turns out to be.

Love that Art is getting more screen time this season. He's been fantastic.

The only thing I'm not particularly fond of is the mess of the Marshall's office. Art is on the ball but Rachel, Tim, and Raylan are all somewhat on the edge. That is a little bit too much for me.

I forget anything?

Bachelorhood: Life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit.

Xbox Live: ClutchBrake
ClutchBrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:42 AM   #3
rimler

One of us needs to get up earlier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchBrake View Post
LMAO! Our threads were started simultaneously!!! I'll empty mine since yours has a better thread title.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:46 AM   #4
rimler

I halfway thought there wouldn't be any snake in that toolbox. I think Boyd was genuinely shocked at the preacher's fervor that he could handle a poisonous snake. Boyd seemed a little shook up when he left the tent.

If Rayland hadn't been so proud of himself for running the fighter out of town, he'd have realized at 6pm that something was amiss when the fighter disappeared. Kudos to Rayland for showing up though.....he'd have gotten his ass kicked again.

Quote:

The scene with Boyd and the preacher was great. Hard to believe the kid from Jurassic Park is hanging in there with Boyd Crowder. Very curious to see where this storyline goes from here.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:55 AM   #5
Amnesia
The Question

What did Boyd send those two guys to do? Kill the preacher?

Then why didn't they just splash gasoline on the tent and set it on fire?
Amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:19 AM   #6
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia View Post

I don't think they were there to kill him. I think they were there to threaten him. I don't think Boyd wants a martyr. He's better off with the preacher leaving town quietly or discrediting him (as he did).

Old 01-23-2013, 11:45 AM   #7
Sadara
huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia View Post

I said that while we were watching the episode. Knowing there were snakes in there.... I wouldn't have gone in it, PERIOD!! I'd have throw some gasoline on it and lit it up!

All this marshall stiffy conversation is getting weird!
Sadara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:49 AM   #8
Sadara
huh?

By the way, can someone help me out. The guy who played the FBI agent that offed himself, I've seen him in something else and I cannot place it.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #9
Mr. Soze
The Devil you know

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimler View Post
Great episode, as always, with entertaining writing and dialog. Although it got a little predictable. As soon as the girlfriend revealed the past cons she her husband pulled off, we knew Rayland's money was gonna be gone. Rayland sure makes dumb decisions around women.
Raylan. Although Art does makes it sound like it has d at the end to my ear.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:55 PM   #10
Sadara
huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadara View Post
By the way, can someone help me out. The guy who played the FBI agent that offed himself, I've seen him in something else and I cannot place it.
Nevermind, found it. He was the partner in the firm at Drop Dead Diva.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:41 PM   #11
Jonathan_S

Quote:
Wow. I am loving how the main storyline is unfolding this season! Now we get Arlo's connection and why he killed the trustee.
Wait, I think I must have missed something...
Can someone remind me how Arlo is connected to the cocaine bag / faked death?
Old 01-23-2013, 04:48 PM   #12
Gerryex

I'm confused!

Hi ALL,

I'm confused about the Drew Thompson storyline. I read the recaps for all 3 episodes on EW.com and they were quite helpful. But the one thing I'm confused about is when did Drew Thompson's name first come up? In the recap for Where's Waldo it describes the marshall gang talking to the Truths and Mama Truth finally admitting that she had not seen Waldo for almost 30 years when he went away with a pilot to do a job. Then the recap says "Once Art figured out the pilot's name was Drew Thompson. . ." Is this the first time Thompson's name was mentioned. Did Art give any reasons why he thought the pilot was Thompson? The recaps don't say anything else on this point.

Thanks,
Gerry
Gerryex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:54 PM   #13
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_S View Post
Wait, I think I must have missed something...
Can someone remind me how Arlo is connected to the cocaine bag / faked death?
Arlo had a Panamanian diplomatic bag hidden in the wall of his home. In that bag was (were?) the personal effects of Waldo Truth. Hence, Arlo's connection to Drew Thompson. That explains why he killed the trustee ASAP. He did not want Theo Tonin getting wind of Drew Thompson's faked death and any connection Arlo has to it.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:00 PM   #14
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerryex View Post
Hi ALL,

I'm confused about the Drew Thompson storyline. I read the recaps for all 3 episodes on EW.com and they were quite helpful. But the one thing I'm confused about is when did Drew Thompson's name first come up? In the recap for Where's Waldo it describes the marshall gang talking to the Truths and Mama Truth finally admitting that she had not seen Waldo for almost 30 years when he went away with a pilot to do a job. Then the recap says "Once Art figured out the pilot's name was Drew Thompson. . ." Is this the first time Thompson's name was mentioned. Did Art give any reasons why he thought the pilot was Thompson? The recaps don't say anything else on this point.

Thanks,
Gerry
When Art and company were questioning the Truth family and they were busted on the draw checks he asked what really happened to Waldo. It came out that she last saw him 30 years ago with some pilot. After some back and forth about the name she came close enough to Drew (I think she said something like it rhyming with Jew!) that it sparked Art's memory of "the day cocaine came to Harlan county". That is where Drew Thompson came in. Keep in mind Waldo's contact information was found in a Panamanian diplomatic bag. The same Panamanian diplomatic bags found at the landing site of Drew Thompson's body (actually Waldo Truth).

Further, the Marshal service investigated and changed the autopsy results from that of Drew Thompson to Waldo Truth. This alerted the FBI to the case and the fact that Drew Thompson didn't die 30 years ago. An FBI agent in the pocket of Theo Tonin then relayed that info to Tonin. The FBI agent's first move was to get his hands on Drew Thompson's wife.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:00 AM   #15
cheesesteak
Meh.

Did we know that Raylan had his valuables in the sock drawer? What were they?

How dumb must the girlfriend be to steal from a US Marshall and think she'll get away with it. Doesn't she have cable?

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:16 AM   #16
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post

How dumb must the girlfriend be to steal from a US Marshall and think she'll get away with it. Doesn't she have cable?
Cash. When he picked up the fugitive off the books earlier in the season he got $10K in cash. He comes back in the bedroom and puts the cash in his underwear drawer and tells his girlfriend about it.

She probably doesn't want to get away with it. No reason for her to have tossed the room when she knew exactly where the money was.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:25 AM   #17
tiassa
Me --Avatar

Quote:
All the extra cash he had been earning on his "off the books" jobs (like picking up the bail jumper for woman in Florida that started the action in S4E1).

Quote:
Either they are heading back to Florida (where Raylan has some connections) or they are not, in which case the fighter is in violation of his parole (and Raylan can "legally" chase him)

My thing was that I thought the woman owned (or at least managed) the bar so that running off would be more of a liability
tiassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:26 AM   #18
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

And we don't know what happened to her, do we? Was she a willing participant? Did the angry ex drag her away?

Seems to me she has a good thing going with Raylan and the bar, and that nothing good ever came from the angry ex. If I were Raylan, I'd be pretty worried for her right about now.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:36 AM   #19
philw1776

Quote:
Cash. When he picked up the fugitive off the books earlier in the season he got $10K in cash. He comes back in the bedroom and puts the cash in his underwear drawer and tells his girlfriend about it.
"Rayland" shoulda hid himself a rattler in that drawer
philw1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:59 AM   #20
Jonathan_S

Quote:
Arlo had a Panamanian diplomatic bag hidden in the wall of his home. In that bag was (were?) the personal effects of Waldo Truth. Hence, Arlo's connection to Drew Thompson. That explains why he killed the trustee ASAP. He did not want Theo Tonin getting wind of Drew Thompson's faked death and any connection Arlo has to it.
Oh sure, I knew that. I though you were saying we knew how the bag got from the cul-de-sack to Arlo. (Or maybe it's another bag from the same shipment; that wasn't part of the faked death.)

But either way we know there has to be some connection, but don't really know what it is yet. The new info is the confirmation that the stakes are still very high; Theo Tonin's willing to have people killed to track down this missing Drew. (So Arlo's willing to kill to say off their radar; instead of, say, for greed)
Old 01-24-2013, 11:39 AM   #21
cheesesteak
Meh.

Whether the girlfriend was involved in the robbery or not, the parole violatin' ex-con has to be dumber than Manti Teo to steal from a US Marshall that he knows knows that he's violating his parole and had given him a free pass to get out of town by sundown. I know criminals are always stupid in Elmore Leonard's books but that's really stupid.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:53 AM   #22
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_S View Post
Oh sure, I knew that. I though you were saying we knew how the bag got from the cul-de-sack to Arlo. (Or maybe it's another bag from the same shipment; that wasn't part of the faked death.)
The bag Arlo has was never in the cul-de-sac. It containted the personal effects Drew Thompson took off Waldo before chunking him out of the plane.

I want to know why Drew Thompson didn't destroy it. Or if he trusted Arlo to do it and Arlo kept it as very dangerous leverage.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:15 PM   #23
philw1776

Quote:
Whether the girlfriend was involved in the robbery or not, the parole violatin' ex-con has to be dumber than Manti Teo to steal from a US Marshall that he knows knows that he's violating his parole and had given him a free pass to get out of town by sundown. I know criminals are always stupid in Elmore Leonard's books but that's really stupid.
Hilarious. Yup THAT stupid seems to exceed the Elmore threshold.

Guy's tough with his fists, but bringing fists to a gunfight...
philw1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:59 PM   #24
Mr. Soze
The Devil you know

Quote:
It shouldn't be a spoiler at this point but JIC
Spoiler:
It also echoes back to the very first scene in S01E01 when Raylan told a guy to be out of Miami by some time and ended up shooting him, thereby earning the trip back to Kentucky.

Old 01-24-2013, 02:36 PM   #25
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

I figured the guy "I couldn't knock down with a hammer" will pop up again soon.

That FBI agent came out of nowhere and went away kinda quick. Other than it's Raylan's World, Raylan watching an FBI agent off himself should not be an "oh well" incident.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:00 PM   #26
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post
That FBI agent came out of nowhere and went away kinda quick. Other than it's Raylan's World, Raylan watching an FBI agent off himself should not be an "oh well" incident.
Well, in the past there have always been consequences when Raylan's been involved in a death, sometimes long-lasting consequences. So I suspect we haven't heard the last of the matter.

(That's one thing I like about this show...it takes shooting people seriously.)
Old 01-24-2013, 03:53 PM   #27
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post
That FBI agent came out of nowhere and went away kinda quick.
I felt like it was just a quick way to show us how connected Theo Tonin really is. We knew he was dangerous before, but being that connected is serious.

Felt the same way about Art's speech to the marshal who had his eye on Art's position in the future. Quick way to tell us about Raylan always being trouble and how now even Rachel and Tim are on the edge.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:22 PM   #28
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Marshall "stiffy" made a return appearance...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:08 PM   #29
Gerryex

Quote:
When Art and company were questioning the Truth family and they were busted on the draw checks he asked what really happened to Waldo. It came out that she last saw him 30 years ago with some pilot.
. . .
Hi ClutchBrake,

Thanks a bunch! Now that you describe it I do remember it. Although I try to watch as intentively as possible as I really do enjoy this show, every once in a while my mind wanders and I miss some info like this.

Gerry
Gerryex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:58 PM   #30
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

"So when Wyatt Earp here did the same thing?"
- I figure you're redeemable.

They're finally addressing that US Marshalls don't do much of that stuff other than track down fugitives.

One thing: When pilots like John Denver have their pilot certificates or pilot medical certificates revoked the FAA will request that the paper be turned in, when it isn't they send the US Marshalls to confiscate it. That could make a nice plotline.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote