TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Upgrade Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-19-2013, 08:16 PM   #1201
wfg97079

Still looking for a tcd230040 image. I have seen some talk about one but cant find someone that has it
wfg97079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:06 PM   #1202
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcycle_rider View Post
Hmmm, I will attempt the 230 as I have that image....I will also attempt to search for the proper phrase. Thanks for pointing that out.
Did that 230 image work?

On anything?

In other words, is it good?

If so, any chance you could stick in your DB public folder and post the link, someone was looking for an image for a 130 or 230 the other day.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:59 PM   #1203
Ebuddy

TCD652160 Image

Well, apparently I can't send a PM until I have 10 posts.

So here's the deal: My TCD652160 died and I'm quite sure that it's the hard drive. I happen to have one lying around that should fit the bill (250GB/7200/3mb). The problem here is that this is my bedroom unit (read: The one my wife uses the most) and certain members of my family are VERY cranky that they can't watch TV in bed.

Any help anyone could offer with regard to obtaining an image would be GREATLY appreciated!
Ebuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:33 AM   #1204
sbourgeo
Hepcat Daddio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebuddy View Post
So here's the deal: My TCD652160 died and I'm quite sure that it's the hard drive. I happen to have one lying around that should fit the bill (250GB/7200/3mb). The problem here is that this is my bedroom unit (read: The one my wife uses the most) and certain members of my family are VERY cranky that they can't watch TV in bed.

Any help anyone could offer with regard to obtaining an image would be GREATLY appreciated!
A link to a TCD652160 image has been provided multiple times over the last few pages of this thread: link.
"You know, ground beef is a real winner nowadays" -- Faster Guy
sbourgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:31 PM   #1205
Ebuddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbourgeo View Post
A link to a TCD652160 image has been provided multiple times over the last few pages of this thread: link.
Thank you...I did indeed find it. Unfortunately, my search-fu must be weak. I did try to search but I seemed to get so many results with just the mention of the model number that it seemed a bit onerous to comb through. My bad, I will endevour to be more diligent.
Ebuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:08 AM   #1206
ndno

Help: Need TCD140060 image

Hi everyone, my old TCD140060 with lifetime service finally croaked due to some bad caps and the hard drive got corrupted I was able to buy cap replacements and replaced the caps in the power supply. Unfortunately the hard drive is corrupted and the unit constantly freezes when changing channel. I tried cloning the old drive to a new drive using MFSlive but it's still bad; I think the software is corrupted. Does anyone have a backup image of the TCD140060 software? I read online that I can also use a TCD240040 software if I do a clear and delete. I would pay $40 to get InstantCake but I don't know if the problem is with the Tivo unit itself so I don't want wasting $40 for nothing. Please please help! Thank you!

EDIT: nevermind, I searched this thread and found the download images posted by unitron. Thank you unitron, I will try those images.

Last edited by ndno : 02-06-2013 at 05:24 AM.
ndno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:23 AM   #1207
Chevy45

Hi, I don't know if this thread still work but I need an image for my old tivo SD-DV40. Thanks in advance.
sede@hotmail.com
Chevy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:49 PM   #1208
timdugan

TCD758250 Image?

My Premiere XL4 drive crashed last night. Believe boot sector corrupted (ever cycling GSOD). Trying to rebuild but need an image. Can anyone help? Want to try to fix myself before going after a replacement drive.

Many thanks
timdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:54 PM   #1209
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by timdugan View Post
My Premiere XL4 drive crashed last night. Believe boot sector corrupted (ever cycling GSOD). Trying to rebuild but need an image. Can anyone help? Want to try to fix myself before going after a replacement drive.

Many thanks
Premiere images does not exist, the JMFS is what is used and that only does bit-by-bit copy from drive to drive.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:09 PM   #1210
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
Premiere images does not exist, the JMFS is what is used and that only does bit-by-bit copy from drive to drive.
A good drive to drive, if your drive has gone south you will have to purchase another drive, look on E-Bay.

Old 02-16-2013, 10:46 PM   #1211
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

Quote:

Many thanks
Have you tried kickstart 52?
Old 02-17-2013, 09:45 AM   #1212
timdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillevig View Post
Have you tried kickstart 52?
Tried that. Kickstart 58 is what started the problem. Looking at disk with TestDisk shows directory structure intact. Bad superblock. Makes me think disk may be OK, just jumbled up a bit. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Maybe an image will come out of the ether for me.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:20 AM   #1213
lpwcomp

Quote:
Tried that. Kickstart 58 is what started the problem. Looking at disk with TestDisk shows directory structure intact. Bad superblock. Makes me think disk may be OK, just jumbled up a bit. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Maybe an image will come out of the ether for me.
If, from some alternate universe in which they exist, you happen to receive such image and the tool to restore it, kindly pass it on to the rest of us.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:20 PM   #1214
jmbach

If it is GSOD then you should be able to get to the kickstart portal. Might go to 54 first and test the drive. If it's bad and you are under warranty let Tivo get you a new one. If it's not then buy a replacement. Might be able to use dd or dd_rescue to copy the drive with enough good data to fix it enough to use the kickstart portal to clean it up. If the drive is good or you copied to another drive, then kickstart 52, 56, 57, and 58. If those don't work then you will probably need an image.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-17-2013, 10:23 PM   #1215
jmbach

Why did you use kickstart 58 to begin with. Also do you have an external drive connected as well.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:50 AM   #1216
kenfused

THanks for this thread! Saved my tivo !!!
kenfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:11 AM   #1217
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenfused View Post
THanks for this thread! Saved my tivo !!!
Why didn't you say you just needed to put a fresh image on that 80GB instead of making us think you needed to copy the original drive?

Old 02-18-2013, 08:32 AM   #1218
timdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmbach View Post
Why did you use kickstart 58 to begin with. Also do you have an external drive connected as well.

TiVo was slow on response. Hoped to clean up file system. Will try your suggestion.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:32 AM   #1219
timdugan

Quote:
TiVo was slow on response. Hoped to clean up file system. Will try your suggestion.
No external drive.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:22 PM   #1220
jmbach

Quote:
Probably not related but my TiVo has intermittent slow response when I use bluetooth tivo controller. Using the regular tivo controller I don't have the issue. Other potential culprits, other than a software update from tivo that may cause issue, are hard drive or power supply going bad. Hard drive the primary. Sometimes if the drive is almost full you can experience some problems as well.
Never had a kickstart cause a recurrent GSOD without a hard drive going bad. Always a first time for everything.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:38 PM   #1221
timdugan

Quote:
Never had a kickstart cause a recurrent GSOD without a hard drive going bad. Always a first time for everything.
Possibly related strange kickstart behavior. Pressing pause caused yellow light to stop blinking. After entering code, yellow and green lights blinked alternately for awhile. Blue light never came on. Then on to GSOD.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:00 PM   #1222
jmbach

My XL started doing that after the fall update.... as far as behavior of the kickstart portal. No longer get the blue light just yellow / green alternating rapidly in place of the blue light.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:39 AM   #1223
timdugan

Image Still Needed

Quote:
If it is GSOD then you should be able to get to the kickstart portal. Might go to 54 first and test the drive. If it's bad and you are under warranty let Tivo get you a new one. If it's not then buy a replacement. Might be able to use dd or dd_rescue to copy the drive with enough good data to fix it enough to use the kickstart portal to clean it up. If the drive is good or you copied to another drive, then kickstart 52, 56, 57, and 58. If those don't work then you will probably need an image.
New drive, ddrescue copy, still no joy. Really need a XL4 image. $250 for a new drive from Weakknees/DVRupgrade is just unreasonable when a new 2TB drive can be had for $90.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:26 AM   #1224
lpwcomp

Quote:
New drive, ddrescue copy, still no joy. Really need a XL4 image. $250 for a new drive from Weakknees/DVRupgrade is just unreasonable when a new 2TB drive can be had for $90.
Images for Series4 TiVos do not exist. There is no way to create one.

Old 02-20-2013, 05:56 PM   #1225
lessd

Quote:
People with an TPXL4 that already has a 2TB drive in it will not have an original drive, that one reason I got the TP4 and purchased a 2Tb drive and now I can keep the original drive in a safe place if my 2Tb drive goes bad. You don't have many options except to suck it up and purchase a TPXL4 formatted drive, if you want a backup you will have to purchase another 2 TB unformatted drive and make a copy, and hope the drive you purchase has the same or more sectors on it as your working 2Tb drive. Your TPXL4 would cost you $750 to replace so spending another $140 and not have to make your own copy is not that bad a rip off, IMHO.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:43 PM   #1226
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
People with an TPXL4 that already has a 2TB drive in it will not have an original drive, that one reason I got the TP4 and purchased a 2Tb drive and now I can keep the original drive in a safe place if my 2Tb drive goes bad. You don't have many options except to suck it up and purchase a TPXL4 formatted drive, if you want a backup you will have to purchase another 2 TB unformatted drive and make a copy, and hope the drive you purchase has the same or more sectors on it as your working 2Tb drive. Your TPXL4 would cost you $750 to replace so spending another $140 and not have to make your own copy is not that bad a rip off, IMHO.
He could save some money by purchasing the replacement drive from dvr_dude rather than weaKnees.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:47 PM   #1227
timdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
He could save some money by purchasing the replacement drive from dvr_dude rather than weaKnees.
Unfortunately, dvr_dude doesn't support the TCD75825 (asked him a few days ago just in case his site wasn't current). Sure wish a WinMFS tbk file was available somewhere for it.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:04 PM   #1228
unitron

Quote:
Unfortunately, dvr_dude doesn't support the TCD75825 (asked him a few days ago just in case his site wasn't current). Sure wish a WinMFS tbk file was available somewhere for it.
WinMFS cannot do a thing for any Series 4 drive except screw it up.

You have to find someone else with the same model TiVo and "Xerox" the drive to another one of the same size or larger, but no larger than 2.2TB or 2TB, I'm not sure which.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:23 PM   #1229
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitron View Post
WinMFS cannot do a thing for any Series 4 drive except screw it up.

You have to find someone else with the same model TiVo and "Xerox" the drive to another one of the same size or larger, but no larger than 2.2TB or 2TB, I'm not sure which.
I never heard of a 2.2Tb drive but if there is one it would work, I know that a 2.5 TB drive will not boot on any TiVo even if you don't expand the drive, I did try as WD sent me a 2.5Tb drive on my return of a in warranty 2Tb drive, had to purchase a 2Tb drive and sell the new 2.5Tb drive.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:36 PM   #1230
lpwcomp

Quote:
I don't understand why a drive for a 750500 wouldn't work in a 758250. AFAIK, the only difference other than drive size is THX certification. Maybe he just hasn't tested it and doesn't want to guarantee anything.