TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-20-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
fredct

Review Thumbs screen not working on TiVo Premiere

l have TiVo Premiere XL - a few old or so. It's begun recording a lot of movies (bc my wife tends to record movies), so I wanted to remove some of the thumb ratings from movies, esp those we didn't really like. Movies take up a lot of space and I'd much rather have 5 tv shows in place of each movie in the suggestions. When the Suggestions start filling up with movies, there's not room for much else.

Anyway, on the HD Menus I went to "TiVo Suggestions" and then scrolled to the bottom and selected "Improve my TiVo Suggestions". It brings up the "Review Thumbs" screen that I expected, but after a moment a message appears which says "This screen allows you to review thumbs for programs you've already rated. Please rate a few programs and return to this screen to review them".

I have plenty of thumb ratings, so that should not be an issue. As I said, I've been using this TiVo for a few years. I tried rebooting... I still get the same message. I tried setting it to SD Menus and going to my Suggestion and hitting 'Enter'... I still get the same screen with the same message.

Any idea how I can kick this back into gear??
fredct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:37 PM   #2
srm59
Tivologist

Question Same Problem

I have the same problem. For me it just surfaced recently.
Anyone out there experiencing this issue too?
Any ideas?

Just chatted with Tivo Support. Unfortunately, it appears that the file for the thumbs settings has been corrupted and the only way to fix it is to clear out all my thumbs up and down settings and start over. Too bad, I have so many shows set in there. Oh well...

Last edited by srm59 : 06-17-2013 at 12:49 PM.
srm59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:30 AM   #3
philw1776

I recently encountered the same problem.
How would you clear all your thumbs settings?
philw1776 is offline   Reply With Quote