TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-17-2013, 04:49 PM   #4591
lpwcomp

How is the ToDo list for a non-Premiere generated? I would have thought that it would use Mind.ToDo but that code never seems to be executed. When I refresh the todo list for my THD, I only get tree entries. Currently, it is one for tomorrow night, one for next Thursday (01/24) and one for the following Tuesday(01/29). And yes, there are actually a lot more than that.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:46 PM   #4592
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
How is the ToDo list for a non-Premiere generated? I would have thought that it would use Mind.ToDo but that code never seems to be executed. When I refresh the todo list for my THD, I only get tree entries. Currently, it is one for tomorrow night, one for next Thursday (01/24) and one for the following Tuesday(01/29). And yes, there are actually a lot more than that.
There seems to be an issue with middlemind.tivo.com for series 3 units. Others have reported the iPhone app no longer is working for their series 3:
iPhone app -- Todo list
I confirmed that for Premiere units middlemind is giving the correct data, but not for my S3 unit. It was working last week and when I released last kmttg version, so this is a recent change. What's stranger is if you login to tivo.com and ask for ToDo list it looks correct there... I would assume if/when TiVo bothers to fix things such that the iOS/Android apps work again that kmttg will work as well.

BTW, this is also affecting "Deleted" table.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:04 PM   #4593
cherry ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
Is it possible to customize atomicparsley in any way? I'd like to add a few things to it if possible

--hdvideo true
--longdesc (description from metadata file)
--contentRating TV-MA, TV-14, TV-PG, TV-G, NC-17, R, PG-13, PG

I can add all of these after the fact, but it would be nice if I could make it part of the automated process.

also, --year doesn't seem to be working because --grouping before it is blank

--grouping --year 2012-06-05T00:00:00Z

are these changes possible?
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:11 PM   #4594
lpwcomp

Actually, while the iOS app is reportedly broken (don't have one so don't know), AFAICT the Android app never had this capability.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:01 AM   #4595
moyekj

Quote:
are these changes possible?
--longdesc is not a valid option for AtomicParsley version I'm running, --description is already being used for description.
--contentRating would be a PITA since it means converting from the strange TiVo ratings to "normal" ones, and I don't have a table readily available for that but can add it if you can come up with one.
--hdvideo I don't know what it corresponds to in pyTivo metadata

I checked in a check for empty vProgramGenre (another TiVo bug added recently) to avoid --grouping without followup string issue.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:04 AM   #4596
sanjonny

Quote:
Actually, while the iOS app is reportedly broken (don't have one so don't know), AFAICT the Android app never had this capability.
Sorry, but which capability are you referring to? To Do lists on S3/HD? or something else.
sanjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:28 AM   #4597
sanjonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Same thing applies for RPC remote and series 4 TiVos - no tivo.com linkup needed and scheduling is instant.

If TWP does everything you need then no need to replicate functionality in kmttg. Series 4 TiVos can't be hacked and thus don't work with TWP, and maybe that's the point you are making.

ReplayTV was my 1st DVR back in 2000 and had some really great features we'll never see again. I developed some add-ons for it such as replaySchedule and VideoLAN VLC mods for streaming from ReplayTV with auto-commercial skip capability.
With multiple series 4 units though the TiVo platform is finally a better whole home solution than ReplayTV used to be with the 4xxx & 5xxx series units. Being able to stream something that is still recording, for example, is something ReplayTV could never do, and of course TiVo series 3 units can't do. But I guess all this is way off topic for this thread...
You are kinda right, my main point is not with kmttg, but with tivo not having the same type of TWP functionality on the premiere units. I mean its really sad that something that stopped development a few years ago beats anything tivo offers for scheduling.

For the HD, TWP works wonderfully and because of restrictions, I am sure that you would not be able to get kmttg to have that kind of function for non hacked HD/3 boxes.

BUT, the cool scheduling that TWP does do, and its data is better and easier than what currently is offered by kmttg or thru tivo, and for premiere owners, I think it would be helpful to have something similar. I also think that you have built most of what is needed for it already, but its a completely different interaction and format.

Now how they do it is different than going thru whatever middlemind is, because it actually gets way better info than tivo gets as far and new episodes and such. I have to see where it gets the info, but it actually gets the correct episode numbers and all kinds of other info including original airdates and so on.

I believe it basically builds its own database of your grid and shows and info and updates that when tivo does its update, as when you are interacting with it, there is no lookup time except from the box (meaning the tivo web server built into twp to send that data to your internet browser, not to lookup stuff from an external site). So most of what you do is instantaneous, faster than premiere or current kmttg.

I think it does this by by linking the tivo data with wherever it looks everything up and then also supplies hotlinks to other info sources as tv.com for every show and so on. And believe it or not, it is simpler overall than what kmttg currently does, because of nested linking and such, its almost point and click to what you want.

For example, when looking at guide data, you click and can browse thru entire data by grid or by channel, similar to how the app does it, but much faster and more reliable. Then, you click on a show or right click to open a new tab and depending on where you click, you get the series info and upcoming shows, or just that show info where you can schedule it and all that and so on. Intuitive yet simple and based on my limited current programming knowledge, probably easier to program than what is currently going on in kmttg, because instead of linking to the tivo for every call and lookup, you only link to the tivo when actually scheduling or changing/cancelling.

I bring all this up not because I want kmttg to be better at scheduling and perusing data on my HD box, because unless people have a hacked box, that will never work, but because I think tivo should implement something similar, or barring that, I think in kmttg, for premiere units, it would be easier to do the similar setup built into kmttg than how the current kmttg scheduling is.

In essence, if you never did one more change to kmttg, I think it functions fine and works great, but if you are going to continue working on kmttg and using it yourself to schedule stuff, it bears poking around in TWP as it is mostly idiot proof in its simplicity to do most of the things you want to do remotely. Granted some parts are clunky and don't work, but the parts that do work well are the parts you interact with mostly relating to scheduling.

Again as always, I am not dissing kmttg at all. Its awesome. I am just trying to help in my limited way via suggestions to make it more awesome!
sanjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:41 AM   #4598
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
--contentRating would be a PITA since it means converting from the strange TiVo ratings to "normal" ones, and I don't have a table readily available for that but can add it if you can come up with one.
Code:
TV_RATINGS = {'TV-Y7': 1, 'TV-Y': 2, 'TV-G': 3, 'TV-PG': 4, 'TV-14': 5,
              'TV-MA': 6, 'TV-NR': 7, 'TVY7': 1, 'TVY': 2, 'TVG': 3,
              'TVPG': 4, 'TV14': 5, 'TVMA': 6, 'TVNR': 7, 'Y7': 1,
              'Y': 2, 'G': 3, 'PG': 4, '14': 5, 'MA': 6, 'NR': 7,
              'UNRATED': 7, 'X1': 1, 'X2': 2, 'X3': 3, 'X4': 4, 'X5': 5,
              'X6': 6, 'X7': 7}

MPAA_RATINGS = {'G': 1, 'PG': 2, 'PG-13': 3, 'PG13': 3, 'R': 4, 'X': 5,
                'NC-17': 6, 'NC17': 6, 'NR': 8, 'UNRATED': 8, 'G1': 1,
                'P2': 2, 'P3': 3, 'R4': 4, 'X5': 5, 'N6': 6, 'N8': 8}

STAR_RATINGS = {'1': 1, '1.5': 2, '2': 3, '2.5': 4, '3': 5, '3.5': 6,
                '4': 7, '*': 1, '**': 3, '***': 5, '****': 7, 'X1': 1,
                'X2': 2, 'X3': 3, 'X4': 4, 'X5': 5, 'X6': 6, 'X7': 7}

HUMAN = {'mpaaRating': {1: 'G', 2: 'PG', 3: 'PG-13', 4: 'R', 5: 'X',
                        6: 'NC-17', 8: 'NR'},
         'tvRating': {1: 'Y7', 2: 'Y', 3: 'G', 4: 'PG', 5: '14',
                      6: 'MA', 7: 'NR'},
         'starRating': {1: '1', 2: '1.5', 3: '2', 4: '2.5', 5: '3',
                        6: '3.5', 7: '4'}}
Quote:
--hdvideo I don't know what it corresponds to in pyTivo metadata
It's a flag in showingBits. Let me see... yeah, it's bit 12 (4096, 0x1000).

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:02 AM   #4599
cherry ghost

Quote:
--longdesc is not a valid option for AtomicParsley version I'm running, --description is already being used for description.

I'm running the version of Atomic Parsley from here.

--longdesc makes the description viewable on iOS devices and isn't limited to 255 characters like --description is in iTunes. Can the description in the metadata be copied and inserted after both --description and --longdesc?
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:13 AM   #4600
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjonny View Post
Sorry, but which capability are you referring to? To Do lists on S3/HD? or something else.
The Android app does not support the following features for anything but a Premiere:
  • Start playback on TV
  • Info on show currently playing
  • See recorded shows
  • Manage recordings

Access to the ToDo list is part of "Manage recordings". The iPad/iPhone app does support this feature on TiVo HD/Series3

Old 01-18-2013, 12:33 PM   #4601
moyekj

Quote:
I'm running the version of Atomic Parsley from here.

--longdesc makes the description viewable on iOS devices and isn't limited to 255 characters like --description is in iTunes. Can the description in the metadata be copied and inserted after both --description and --longdesc?
Not really, because for binaries that don't have/support --longdesc this will cause the run to fail.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:34 PM   #4602
moyekj

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
Code:
TV_RATINGS = {'TV-Y7': 1, 'TV-Y': 2, 'TV-G': 3, 'TV-PG': 4, 'TV-14': 5,
              'TV-MA': 6, 'TV-NR': 7, 'TVY7': 1, 'TVY': 2, 'TVG': 3,
              'TVPG': 4, 'TV14': 5, 'TVMA': 6, 'TVNR': 7, 'Y7': 1,
              'Y': 2, 'G': 3, 'PG': 4, '14': 5, 'MA': 6, 'NR': 7,
              'UNRATED': 7, 'X1': 1, 'X2': 2, 'X3': 3, 'X4': 4, 'X5': 5,
              'X6': 6, 'X7': 7}

MPAA_RATINGS = {'G': 1, 'PG': 2, 'PG-13': 3, 'PG13': 3, 'R': 4, 'X': 5,
                'NC-17': 6, 'NC17': 6, 'NR': 8, 'UNRATED': 8, 'G1': 1,
                'P2': 2, 'P3': 3, 'R4': 4, 'X5': 5, 'N6': 6, 'N8': 8}

STAR_RATINGS = {'1': 1, '1.5': 2, '2': 3, '2.5': 4, '3': 5, '3.5': 6,
                '4': 7, '*': 1, '**': 3, '***': 5, '****': 7, 'X1': 1,
                'X2': 2, 'X3': 3, 'X4': 4, 'X5': 5, 'X6': 6, 'X7': 7}

HUMAN = {'mpaaRating': {1: 'G', 2: 'PG', 3: 'PG-13', 4: 'R', 5: 'X',
                        6: 'NC-17', 8: 'NR'},
         'tvRating': {1: 'Y7', 2: 'Y', 3: 'G', 4: 'PG', 5: '14',
                      6: 'MA', 7: 'NR'},
         'starRating': {1: '1', 2: '1.5', 3: '2', 4: '2.5', 5: '3',
                        6: '3.5', 7: '4'}}

It's a flag in showingBits. Let me see... yeah, it's bit 12 (4096, 0x1000).

Old 01-18-2013, 01:15 PM   #4603
moyekj

Quote:
Not really, because for binaries that don't have/support --longdesc this will cause the run to fail.
--contentRating also seems to be a newer option added. I can probably be backwards compatible by running AtomicParsley with no arguments to check if these newer options are available and then conditionally add them to the run if so.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:25 PM   #4604
moyekj

Quote:
Quote:
There seems to be an issue with middlemind.tivo.com for series 3 units. Others have reported the iPhone app no longer is working for their series 3:
iPhone app -- Todo list
I confirmed that for Premiere units middlemind is giving the correct data, but not for my S3 unit. It was working last week and when I released last kmttg version, so this is a recent change. What's stranger is if you login to tivo.com and ask for ToDo list it looks correct there... I would assume if/when TiVo bothers to fix things such that the iOS/Android apps work again that kmttg will work as well.

BTW, this is also affecting "Deleted" table.
Interestingly, Season Passes via kmttg still seems to be working for my S3, and upcoming recordings for season passes indicated in that table also are working as well even though ToDo list is not.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:37 PM   #4605
moyekj

Quote:
Interestingly, Season Passes via kmttg still seems to be working for my S3, and upcoming recordings for season passes indicated in that table also are working as well even though ToDo list is not.
Update. I think I found a way to get ToDo working again for series 3 and earlier units using a different means of obtaining ToDo.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:11 PM   #4606
lpwcomp

Quote:
Either kmttg is not using the mind server for SPs or TiVo is accessing data which my security setting is supposed prevent. Or is TiVo just playing hardball - "If you don't "allow TiVo to collect Personally Identifiable Viewing Information", we won't let you use our online SP manager. I'm starting to wonder if the "security" setting doesn't prevent them from collecting anything, they just can't legally share or use some info.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:34 PM   #4607
moyekj

v0p9i version released

Version v0p9i just released. Contains a fix to the ToDo, Won't Record and Deleted entry retrieval for series 3 and earlier TiVos as well as AtomicParsley related additions as discussed above. Also has fix to iPad delete task in auto/batch mode. Consult release_notes Wiki for all the details.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:41 PM   #4608
moyekj

Sigh. Above version broke Season Passes upcoming indication. Working on fixing that now...

Old 01-20-2013, 09:44 PM   #4609
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Looks like ToDo does not work on the S2 (540), but it works now on the S3HD (652).

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:58 PM   #4610
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
Looks like ToDo does not work on the S2 (540), but it works now on the S3HD (652).
Could be the middlemind access only works for series 3 or later. I don't have earlier TiVo models to test with.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:59 PM   #4611
moyekj

v0p9j version released

OK, v0p9j version released with fix to RPC Remote Season Passes which I broke with v0p9i version.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:29 PM   #4612
lpwcomp

Quote:
OK, v0p9j version released with fix to RPC Remote Season Passes which I broke with v0p9i version.
Excellent! Rev. 2293, correct?

As far as a Series 2 is concerned, my assumption would be that the reason tivo.com doesn't support is that a Series 2 isn't set up to supply it.

Old 01-21-2013, 04:47 AM   #4613
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

2x speed transfers to PC

What causes a PC transfer using either kmttg or pytivo that results in the transferred recording to be at 2x speed? Is there any way to fix this. I have run across a few files where this happens.

The original recording plays fine on the TiVo and also if transferred to another TiVo, but when I transfer it to the PC the resulting file is approx. half as long (13min vs 30min) and 2x the normal speed? It could also be skipping several frames.

I am using kmttg w/ VideoRedo QS Fix, but have also tried unchecking QS Fix.

Any ideas?

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:30 AM   #4614
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post
What causes a PC transfer using either kmttg or pytivo that results in the transferred recording to be at 2x speed? Is there any way to fix this. I have run across a few files where this happens.

The original recording plays fine on the TiVo and also if transferred to another TiVo, but when I transfer it to the PC the resulting file is approx. half as long (13min vs 30min) and 2x the normal speed? It could also be skipping several frames.

Any ideas?
Never seen that before. Sounds like the TiVo is messing up the transfer during remux. Have you tried enabling TS Transfers to see if it makes a difference?

Old 01-21-2013, 10:36 AM   #4615
lpwcomp

Quote:

Any ideas?
When you uncheck qsfix, are you doing anything else besides transfer and decrypt?

Old 01-21-2013, 03:19 PM   #4616
tluxon

I hate to interrupt the current discussion on this very long thread, but I wanted to give a big thanks to Kevin for making this really cool tool. I'm still working on how best to use it, but I'm extremely grateful to finally have a way to download a program from its pause point. I often only want a minute or two out of a sometimes 3-4 hour long HD recording, and it's far more convenient and much faster than having to first transfer a small portion of a program to another TiVo before downloading.
tluxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:53 PM   #4617
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Never seen that before. Sounds like the TiVo is messing up the transfer during remux. Have you tried enabling TS Transfers to see if it makes a difference?
A TS transfer is an encrypted .tivo file correct? I want an unencrypted .mpg file.

If I do download using TiVo Desktop the resulting .tivo file does play correctly. The decoding process would appear to be creating the problem.

Quote:
When you uncheck qsfix, are you doing anything else besides transfer and decrypt?
No.

Old 01-21-2013, 06:05 PM   #4618
moyekj

Quote:
A TS transfer is an encrypted .tivo file correct? I want an unencrypted .mpg file.
Since you have VideoRedo if you enable QS Fix it will decrypt it.

Quote:
If I do download using TiVo Desktop the resulting .tivo file does play correctly. The decoding process would appear to be creating the problem.
Probably because you have "Fast Transfers" enabled. Enabling TS transfers in kmttg is the same thing as TD "Fast Transfers". Since tivodecode doesn't work with TS Transfers if you try it you are better off letting VideoRedo decrypt it, so under kmttg config->VideoRedo enable "Decrypt using VideoRedo instead of tivodecode". Then kmttg will run VideoRedo QS Fix task if you have "decrypt" enabled.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:27 PM   #4619
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

It is odd how just a few downloaded files are having this issue, but I did get it resolved, Thanks.

I Enabled TS transfers in kmttg and checked Decrypt with VideoRedo instead of tivodecode.

I kept getting errors that QSFix failed, until I realized I did not have TiVo Desktop installed on my desktop (It was only on my laptop where I tested earlier).

Old 01-21-2013, 09:31 PM   #4620
mattack

Quote:
Yeah, that sorta got back burnered plus I had to remove the episodeTitle code as it was causing some problems and I didn't have time to try and fix it.
Since I sometimes want to stream or transfer things back to my Tivo (often getting rid of 'big' programs on my download drive, which are talk shows which MOSTLY just have a musical guest segment I want to keep), having missing useful info in the Tivo interface is kind of a pain… (It's usually easier to actually stream or transfer back to the Tivo and quickly FF through it there rather than on a computer, especially if I actually want to watch a bit of it there.)

ANYWAY, I finally played with one of the metadata files. You probably already know this, but it seems to me like I can "fix" it by just copying episodeDescription (IIRC) to episodeTitle if episodeTitle is missing.

Is there some reason a simple fix like this won't work? Possibly limit it to 32 characters or something like that if it could cause problems on some platforms, but it really seemed that easy. I simply edited a file in a text editor and ended up seeing data on the Tivo.

A more sophisticated local script that wanted to 'fix' downloads after the fact would do something like

foreach i *mpeg.txt
copy episodeDescription to episodeTitle
rename orig MPEG file to episodeTitle.mpeg
rename .mpeg.txt file to episodeTitle.mpeg.txt

But even if it were only kmttg that was "fixed" and my files were still named
3_31_2011.mpeg
it would be better from a future perspective.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote