TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-04-2013, 03:48 PM   #4561
moyekj

v0p9g release should fix this

Quote:
Originally Posted by spocko View Post
Thanks for adding the new remote support for non-Premiere Tivos. Unfortunately I can't get it to work. I have a TivoHD with kmttg v0p9f. Most (all?) remote actions result in this error:

Can't determine TSN for TiVo: TivoHD
RemoteInit - (IP=middlemind.tivo.com, port=443): null

I've checked that my tivo.com credentials are correct in the kmttg config, and that I can ping middlemind.tivo.com. Maybe I'm missing something simple. Any ideas? Thanks!
I just posted a new release v0p9g which should fix this issue. Previously kmttg was relying on Bonjour or TiVo Beacon to get TSN for your TiVos (which is required for most Remote functions). With this update the TSN is now obtained upon login to middlemind server. (Also means this will now work as well when running kmttg outside your LAN).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:28 PM   #4562
sean584995

Folks, Looks like I'm cannot download movies to my PC using kmttg from TIVO that were recorded on HBO - says something about copyright protection. Is that a limitation of this software? Is there any workaround?? Thanks.
sean584995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:43 PM   #4563
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean584995 View Post
Folks, Looks like I'm cannot download movies to my PC using kmttg from TIVO that were recorded on HBO - says something about copyright protection. Is that a limitation of this software? Is there any workaround?? Thanks.
It is the TiVo enforcing the copy protection flag applied by your Cable provider. Most companies copy protect premium channel content like HBO, some do it on just about everything. Content so flagged cannot be transferred. It can be streamed.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:21 AM   #4564
jcthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
New version just released with some new enhancements and features such as:
* New "pyTivo stream" button in FILES tab for streaming of mpeg2 and mp4 files to series 4 TiVos without the 1.1GB buffer size restriction.

Has anyone set this up and used it? What needs to be running on the tivo? Looks very useful but do not understand fully what its supposed to do. Never heard of 'pytivo stream' before.

Would like some more information on how this works and how its capabilty might be used. The 1.1GB buffer is why I gave up on streambaby long ago.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:32 AM   #4565
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
Has anyone set this up and used it? What needs to be running on the tivo? Looks very useful but do not understand fully what its supposed to do. Never heard of 'pytivo stream' before.

Would like some more information on how this works and how its capabilty might be used. The 1.1GB buffer is why I gave up on streambaby long ago.
It's a brand new discovery I made recently with RPC (thus for series 4 units only) on how to launch TiVoCast HME application using a custom URL. Thus in this implementation I launch TiVoCast HME and point it to a pyTivo video URL which accomplishes HME streaming without the pesky 1.1GB max buffer limit. With TiVoCast HME player it buffers the entire video no matter what size it is.
To get it to work all you need is:
1. A series 4 TiVo
2. pyTivo running with at least 1 video share defined
3. Video you want to stream has to reside within a pyTivo video share folder structure and it has to be either mpeg2 program stream or a TiVo compatible mp4.
4. kmttg configured to point to your pyTivo.conf

In best case scenario it would work for videos that need to be transcoded by pyTivo, but I haven't been able to get that working.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:10 AM   #4566
sean584995

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
It is the TiVo enforcing the copy protection flag applied by your Cable provider. Most companies copy protect premium channel content like HBO, some do it on just about everything. Content so flagged cannot be transferred. It can be streamed.
Thanks. I suppose that means those shows cannot be saved to a file but can be streamed to other devices to watch them?
sean584995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:25 PM   #4567
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean584995 View Post
Thanks. I suppose that means those shows cannot be saved to a file but can be streamed to other devices to watch them?
They can be streamed Premiere-to-Premiere and I think Premiere to TiVo Stream (and thus to other devices). Note that, even with the Stream, this is for immediate viewing and you cannot load them to a mobile devce for later viewing.

Old 01-05-2013, 08:25 PM   #4568
spocko
TiVo HD

Quote:
I just posted a new release v0p9g which should fix this issue. Previously kmttg was relying on Bonjour or TiVo Beacon to get TSN for your TiVos (which is required for most Remote functions). With this update the TSN is now obtained upon login to middlemind server. (Also means this will now work as well when running kmttg outside your LAN).
Works for me now, thanks!
spocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:53 PM   #4569
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by spocko View Post
Works for me now, thanks!
+1

Do I need an up to date ffmpeg to use the pyTivo stream ability?

Old 01-05-2013, 09:10 PM   #4570
moyekj

Quote:
+1

Do I need an up to date ffmpeg to use the pyTivo stream ability?
No. pyTivo stream doesn't work with transcoded videos so it doesn't matter.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:31 PM   #4571
lpwcomp

Quote:
No. pyTivo stream doesn't work with transcoded videos so it doesn't matter.
Tried it and got the following error:

streamFile - JSONObject["vHost"] is not a JSONObject.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:58 PM   #4572
moyekj

Quote:
Tried it and got the following error:

streamFile - JSONObject["vHost"] is not a JSONObject.
Looks like a problem parsing pyTivo output on video file details - perhaps there is more than one "vHost" entry in response. Make sure you are using recent version of wmcbrine pyTivo.
If you can please execute this in a browser and post the resulting xml in between code tags or by attaching a file to a post in this thread:
Code:
http://localhost:9032/TiVoConnect?Command=TVBusQuery&Container=[shareName]&File=/[fileName]
Substitute [shareName] for pyTivo video share name.
Substitute [fileName] for name of file you are trying to stream with a path relative to top video share folder. (Note that if file name has special characters and/or spaces they need to be url encoded so it may be easier if you just rename the file to something very simple for testing with).

Old 01-05-2013, 11:59 PM   #4573
lpwcomp

Quote:
Looks like a problem parsing pyTivo output on video file details - perhaps there is more than one "vHost" entry in response. Make sure you are using recent version of wmcbrine pyTivo.
If you can please execute this in a browser and post the resulting xml in between code tags or by attaching a file to a post in this thread:
Code:
http://localhost:9032/TiVoConnect?Command=TVBusQuery&Container=[shareName]&File=/[fileName]
Substitute [shareName] for pyTivo video share name.
Substitute [fileName] for name of file you are trying to stream with a path relative to top video share folder. (Note that if file name has special characters and/or spaces they need to be url encoded so it may be easier if you just rename the file to something very simple for testing with).
Code:
<TvBusMarshalledStruct:TvBusEnvelope xs:schemaLocation="http://tivo.com/developer/xml/idl/TvBusMarshalledStruct TvBusMarshalledStruct.xsd http://tivo.com/developer/xml/idl/TvPgdRecording TvPgdRecording.xsd http://tivo.com/developer/xml/idl/TvBusDuration TvBusDuration.xsd http://tivo.com/developer/xml/idl/TvPgdShowing TvPgdShowing.xsd http://tivo.com/developer/xml/idl/TvDbShowingBit TvDbShowingBit.xsd http://tivo.com/developer/xml/idl/TvBusDateTime TvBusDateTime.xsd http://tivo.com/developer/xml/idl/TvPgdProgram TvPgdProgram.xsd http://tivo.com/developer/xml/idl/TvDbColorCode TvDbColorCode.xsd http://tivo.com/developer/xml/idl/TvPgdSeries TvPgdSeries.xsd http://tivo.com/developer/xml/idl/TvDbShowType TvDbShowType.xsd http://tivo.com/developer/xml/idl/TvPgdChannel TvPgdChannel.xsd http://tivo.com/developer/xml/idl/TvDbTvRating TvDbTvRating.xsd http://tivo.com/developer/xml/idl/TvDbRecordQuality TvDbRecordQuality.xsd http://tivo.com/developer/xml/idl/TvDbBitstreamFormat TvDbBitstreamFormat.xsd" xs:type="TvPgdRecording:TvPgdRecording"><recordedDuration>P0DT1H45M1S</recordedDuration><vActualShowing/><vBookmark/><recordingQuality value="75">HIGH</recordingQuality><showing><showingBits value="0"/><time>2012-06-16T00:00:00</time><duration>P0DT1H45M1S</duration><program><vActor><element>Shimura|Takashi</element><element>Kochi|Momoko</element><element>Takarada|Akira</element><element>Hirata|Akihiko</element><element>Sakai|Sachio</element><element>Murakami|Fuyuki</element><element>Yamamoto|Ren</element></vActor><vAdvisory>
      </vAdvisory><vChoreographer>
      </vChoreographer><colorCode value="4">COLOR</colorCode><description>A fire-breathing behemoth terrorizes Japan after an atomic bomb awakens it from its centuries-old sleep.</description><vDirector><element>Honda|Ishirô</element></vDirector><vExecProducer>
      </vExecProducer><vProgramGenre><element>Science Fiction</element></vProgramGenre><vGuestStar>
      </vGuestStar><vHost>
      </vHost><isEpisode>false</isEpisode><movieYear>1954</movieYear><mpaaRating value="8">NR</mpaaRating><vProducer><element>Tanaka|Tomoyuki</element></vProducer><series><isEpisodic>false</isEpisodic><vSeriesGenre>
        </vSeriesGenre><seriesTitle>Gojira</seriesTitle><uniqueId>MV276463</uniqueId></series><showType value="5">SERIES</showType><starRating value="4">2.5</starRating><title>Gojira</title><vWriter><element>Honda|Ishirô</element><element>Kayama|Shigeru</element></vWriter></program><channel><displayMajorNumber>69</displayMajorNumber><displayMinorNumber>0</displayMinorNumber><callsign>TCM</callsign></channel></showing><startTime>2012-06-16T00:00:00</startTime><stopTime>2012-06-16T01:45:01.320000</stopTime></TvBusMarshalledStruct:TvBusEnvelope>
The version of pyTivo I was running did produce two vhost entries (modified TvBus.tmpl with a full <vActualShowing> section) but I switched to a fresh install of the latest version and get the same error.

Old 01-06-2013, 02:10 AM   #4574
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Looks like a problem parsing pyTivo output on video file details - perhaps there is more than one "vHost" entry in response.
Everything that starts with a "v" can have more than one entry. Perhaps more on point, in debug mode, with transcoded videos, pyTivo adds the transcoding parameters as vHost. Maybe this isn't being escaped properly?

Edit: Or maybe it just doesn't like the colons?

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:53 AM   #4575
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
Everything that starts with a "v" can have more than one entry. Perhaps more on point, in debug mode, with transcoded videos, pyTivo adds the transcoding parameters as vHost. Maybe this isn't being escaped properly?

Edit: Or maybe it just doesn't like the colons?
I should have looked at the pyTivo code since I assumed vHost always had video information, didn't know it was just in debug mode. (I always have debug mode on as I like seeing the extra info). So I'll have to update my code to not rely on vHost for video info and perhaps use ffmpeg to get that myself and only use pyTivo xml for the title, subtitle and description.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #4576
moyekj

v0p9h version released

v0p9h version released with fix to the above discussed pyTivo stream issue.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:18 AM   #4577
lpwcomp

Quote:
Excellent! Works great, even with my kmttg mods applied. Thanks for the quick response!

Old 01-15-2013, 03:40 PM   #4578
cherry ghost

which file(s) need to be edited if the Ad Cuts are off?
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:50 PM   #4579
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
which file(s) need to be edited if the Ad Cuts are off?
Starting with KMTTG, there is .TiVo file, after decode, its .mpg.

That's what you edit, in for example, VideoReDo.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:03 PM   #4580
cherry ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
Starting with KMTTG, there is .TiVo file, after decode, its .mpg.

That's what you edit, in for example, VideoReDo.
I should have mentioned that I don't use VideoRedo.

After running download/decrypt, QS Fix, Ad Detect, Ad Cut, I'm left with a .mpg, _cut.mpg, .txt, .xcl, and .edl. I notice that the first cut took out the first 1:52 of the show rather than the first 00:10. I'm assuming I can make some adjustments to the non .mpg files and re-run Ad Cut on the .mpg to produce a new _cut.mpg with the proper 00:10 cut.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:23 PM   #4581
moyekj

If using "comskip" you can make cut point adjustments by running comskip with the .txt file as an input from command line. This will bring up a little video editor window with cut points shown. Press F1 to get a list of keyboard shortcuts to figure out how to change/edit the cut points.
EXAMPLE:
C:\home\kmttg\videos>"c:\home\kmttg\comskip\comskip.exe" "Rescue Me -(08_09_2009)Carrot Three-Minute Replay_ps.txt"

Once you have adjusted the cut points and saved them you should delete the _cut.mpg file obviously and re-run the Ad Cut step using .mpg file as starting point in FILES tab.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:54 PM   #4582
cherry ghost

Got it

Thanks
Old 01-16-2013, 10:08 PM   #4583
sanjonny

Quote:
Though not really noted on this board, thank you for fixing the issues with the scripts that now let us use whatever encoding we want. I had commented on this last year since I use kmttg for non tivo file editing all the time and it was a hassle that this didn't pass thru, as some parts of the process I had to do manually and some parts I just had to rename the final file.

Thank again.

One small question. One of my tivos is hacked and runs tivo web plus, which allows for all kinds of great scheduling on an HD tivo (thru a web interface and not thru tivo.com) . I know there are kernel issues and such, but was just wondering if it is remote control set that would allow that, of if security features keep kmttg from being able to do the same type of scheduling that is available using TWP on a non hacked box.

Also, I wonder why tivo doesn't allow similar scheduling on their premiere units as the apps for android and ipad crash all the time and it would just be nice to have it similar to TWP. I know that is out of context and kmttg is doing the best it can, but it always seems like tivo is 3 steps behind my old replay tv box from now 10 years ago.
sanjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:11 PM   #4584
sanjonny

Change/boost audio volume level

Anyone have any hints on an easy way to do this?

I have played around a few different ways and at different times on boosting the audio level while kmttg processing of tivo files or even post processing.

Does anyone do this routinely and if so, where do you boost the audio in the process.

(please note, I am trying to boost the audio prior to encoding because I do not encode in kmttg)

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:55 PM   #4585
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjonny View Post
Also, I wonder why tivo doesn't allow similar scheduling on their premiere units as the apps for android and ipad crash all the time and it would just be nice to have it similar to TWP.
?? Series 4 units scheduling via RPC works very well and is instant (unlike web scheduling for series 3). I don't really understand the comment. I use kmttg exclusively now for all TiVo scheduling tasks & conflict management etc. and it works really well - I guess if you don't have a series 4 unit you wouldn't know. It's one of the great things about series 4 units that all that can be done without any hacks needed, and I can do it from anywhere with internet access.

I don't really have any motivation to work on TWP related stuff because a) I don't have a hacked S3 unit (and no plans to do so) which makes development difficult b) I don't have much desire to work on anything specific to only series 3 or earlier units.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:48 AM   #4586
sanjonny

Quote:
?? Series 4 units scheduling via RPC works very well and is instant (unlike web scheduling for series 3). I don't really understand the comment. I use kmttg exclusively now for all TiVo scheduling tasks & conflict management etc. and it works really well - I guess if you don't have a series 4 unit you wouldn't know. It's one of the great things about series 4 units that all that can be done without any hacks needed, and I can do it from anywhere with internet access.

I don't really have any motivation to work on TWP related stuff because a) I don't have a hacked S3 unit (and no plans to do so) which makes development difficult b) I don't have much desire to work on anything specific to only series 3 or earlier units.
I have s premiere unit and an hd. The tivo app itself is a piece and crashes all the time, especially on the ipad, but also on the android phone. Your software works very well, but frankly, webplus works even better, so much so it was eye opening to me when i first started using it on my hacked box.

It does lookups on all occurring shows and is very logically setup, it tells you original air dates and makes scheduling easier than anything else i have ever used (except wirns, which is for replays).

It operates completely differently, but it is so well done that i cannot understand why tivo doesnt do something similar especially with the premiere. It operates on its own webserver which runs on the box and i do not know how it gets all its lookup info, but it gets it and its right there whenever you are scheduling, trying to find new episodes and all that.

DO NOT GET ME WRONG, i have great respect for everything you have done, and i think twp stopped development like in 2009, so i bet one little change on some website and i would be crying, but it makes scheduling remotely extremely convenient and is how i look up most of my program info.

I use kmttg for scheduling on my premiere a bit and the flailing tivo app sometimes also.

Twp doesnt require the linkup with tivo.com, so if you schedule something, its like you just scheduled it on the box. Its really cool. If you want to view it and play with it on my box, send me an email or pm and i can tell you how to get into it or take you on a tour via remote desktop.

It would be great for you to see. I also run wirns which also does scheduling and some things it does better than TWP, but its not for tivos, but might spark some ideas or solve some problems you have been thinking about on how to do things.

I use kmttg all day, every day for processing my files, from the tivo, replaytv and another hauppauge capture device, so by all means, it wins the awesomeness competition, and now that you changed the scripts and functions on a level i couldnt get too, that will become even easier which i again continually thank you for.

Its just different and easy. I imagine you cannot do exactly the same thing with kmttg scheduling because of security or whatever, but after having a look at both, you might be able to come up with something even more awesome.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:10 AM   #4587
moyekj

Quote:
Twp doesnt require the linkup with tivo.com, so if you schedule something, its like you just scheduled it on the box.
Same thing applies for RPC remote and series 4 TiVos - no tivo.com linkup needed and scheduling is instant.

If TWP does everything you need then no need to replicate functionality in kmttg. Series 4 TiVos can't be hacked and thus don't work with TWP, and maybe that's the point you are making.

ReplayTV was my 1st DVR back in 2000 and had some really great features we'll never see again. I developed some add-ons for it such as replaySchedule and VideoLAN VLC mods for streaming from ReplayTV with auto-commercial skip capability.
With multiple series 4 units though the TiVo platform is finally a better whole home solution than ReplayTV used to be with the 4xxx & 5xxx series units. Being able to stream something that is still recording, for example, is something ReplayTV could never do, and of course TiVo series 3 units can't do. But I guess all this is way off topic for this thread...

Old 01-17-2013, 12:34 PM   #4588
innocentfreak

Quote:
I have s premiere unit and an hd. The tivo app itself is a piece and crashes all the time, especially on the ipad, but also on the android phone.
You might have some other issue going on. My iPad app never crashes. You might want to wipe it and redownload it.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:00 PM   #4589
lpwcomp

I use the TiVo android app all of the time an I've never had it crash. I've had it fail to connect at times but it has never crashed.

Old 01-17-2013, 02:15 PM   #4590
sanjonny

I am using the tivo app on a Samsung GNEX and Ipad. It crashes all the time on both. It doesn't crash just browsing listings, but it does crash when you try and do many different things, all with bug reports sent to tivo. One I recall over and over again, is crashing when you try to look up multiple listings of the same show, essentially find other times its on and schedule because of that, and when it doesn't crash, it looses its place in the listings, say you are on channel 362 browsing the next weeks listings. You go and schedule a show and it in app crashes and goes out of listings back to the main screen.

I do not have the latest updated app for my ipad since my ipad is jailbroken and they in their stupid wisdom decided that they would not allow jailbroken devices to use the app, which is insanely dumb, but my neighbor does and his crashes same as mine in exactly the same place so it is numerous bugs still not fixed and I do have the latest app on the GNEX.

Frankly, they are working so hard on streaming, it is pissing me off they don't fix all the current bugs in everything.

I spent years in quality control, so I have a natural tendency to have things break on me, but I don't hunt them down, I just try and document so they can be fixed.