TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-09-2013, 07:11 PM   #1
zalusky

New Live TV problem - Anybody seen this

I have two different Premiere elites. I have noticed a new problem lately.
I am in the San Francisco Bay Area and its seems like on many days when I turn the TV on and tune to channel ABC affiliate 707 I don't see a signal like its blocked. I can change away and come back and have the same problem. Other channels are fine.

I can resolve the problem by going to the channel signal strength screen for this channel and it will show signal strength in the 80s and the picture will eventually kick in. I saw this previously on a premium SD HBO channel but now its cropping on broadcast channels.

Anybody seen this and have suggestions?
Old 01-09-2013, 07:32 PM   #2
moyekj

When my Elite starts getting tuning issues such as this I find I have to reboot it to get it working properly again. I didn't have problems before 20.2.2 update so it may or may not be coincidence that I've had problems since the update.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:22 PM   #3
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

I would try a reboot of the Tivo and then re-run guided setup. NOTE: Guided setup will not delete any info, only add or change settings, rescan channels etc.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:01 AM   #4
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
When my Elite starts getting tuning issues such as this I find I have to reboot it to get it working properly again. I didn't have problems before 20.2.2 update so it may or may not be coincidence that I've had problems since the update.
Which is really weird because I had problems before the update, and none since. Yours might have something to do with the TA? I don't have one.
slowbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #5
sfpegasus

Yes, I have something similar. I'll turn on the Panasonic display in the morning, use the live tv button to change tuners and I'll get a blank screen. Sometimes channel up channel down will bring it back. Sometimes I have to do the signal strength thing, but not so much lately. My best guess is this has something to do with HDMI/HDCP, only I'm not seeing the "HDMI connection not permitted" message.

I never lose recordings, so I'm more inclined to believe this is a minor incompatibility with my display.

What is that "HDMI connection not permitted" message anyway?
sfpegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:24 PM   #6
replaytv
I <3 Wintergreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
I would try a reboot of the Tivo and then re-run guided setup. NOTE: Guided setup will not delete any info, only add or change settings, rescan channels etc.
There is an option to 'delete previous scanned channels' on the channels setting. And then you could do a rescan? Would that do the same without so much time?

Last edited by replaytv : 01-13-2013 at 11:39 AM.
replaytv is offline   Reply With Quote