TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #1
soxthecat

Suggestions Folder gone

Since the upgrade a few months ago the Suggestion Folder that used to be at the bottom of the listings above the "Recently Deleted" has disappeared.

The suggested programs have not though, but they can only be found by "un-grouping" the list.

Will there be a fix for this soon???

Thanks
soxthecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:34 PM   #2
bshrock

So you have more than one suggestion and with groups on there is no Suggestion folder? Which User Interface are you using the HDUI or SDUI?
bshrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:44 PM   #3
soxthecat

Using HD interface. And folder has been gone since the October upgrade.

I'm using the Premium XL.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:49 PM   #4
bshrock

I have the Suggestion folder on both the Premiere and Premiere XL4 (Elite). I am using the HD menu interface also.

Out of curiosity I'll try deleting all the suggestions and see what happens to the Suggestion folder.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #5
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

When I first powered up my new XL4 a few weeks ago it was there. I deleted it, since I disable suggestions...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:30 PM   #6
bshrock

Does pressing clear on the folder deletes it or does it disappear like the regular folders when it's empty?
Old 01-07-2013, 06:20 PM   #7
HomeUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
When I first powered up my new XL4 a few weeks ago it was there. I deleted it, since I disable suggestions...
How did you delete the folder? I deleted all recordings in the Suggestion folder and the folder still exists. I just turned off Suggestions and forced a connection will give it 24hrs see if the folder is removed.

Update:
After deleting all suggestions, turning suggestions off and rebooting the DVR the suggestion folder is gone.

soxthecat is it possible that suggestions are turned off? "Settings & Messages" -> "Settings" -> "Recording" -> "TiVo Suggestions

Update 2:
After turning suggestions back on it took a reboot before the empty suggestion folder appeared.

Last edited by HomeUser : 01-07-2013 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Status update
HomeUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:57 PM   #8
porges

I have this situation as well, since the same upgrade. I have dozens of suggestions recorded but if I put Groups on there's no group for them, so it's like they're not there. There was some earlier thread referring to the problem, which clearly only some people have.
porges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:35 AM   #9
bshrock

I turned off suggestions then deleted all Suggestions yesterday this morning the empty folder is still there.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:45 AM   #10
compnurd

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshrock View Post
I turned off suggestions then deleted all Suggestions yesterday this morning the empty folder is still there.
Mine took about 48 hours before the folder disappeared
compnurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:25 PM   #11
soxthecat

Home User: I will try that. I have deleted all the "suggested" programs and turned OFF get Suggestions and then rebooted and then turned on Suggestions again and new come in, but no folder appears for them.

Will turn Suggestions back on and then reboot and see what happens. It is frustrating as often it would pick up a program I liked! So I sort of miss the Suggestions populating the folder!

Thanks
Old 01-10-2013, 07:52 AM   #12
soxthecat

HomeUser thank you that worked!

What I did was turn Suggestions ON then reboot and then the Suggestions folder was back WITH programs in it that I previously DIDN'T see in the ungrouped menu!

Well at least it is back, but it is obviously a software bug because the user shouldn't have to jump through these hoops. When the unit arrived new there were no "suggestion programs" present, but the folder was there waiting for them.

Anyway all is back to normal as far as I can tell.

Thanks again!
Old 01-10-2013, 06:02 PM   #13
HomeUser

Seems like the reboot is the trick.

I am not sure how long or if the folder will appear after turning on suggestions without a reboot.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:04 PM   #14
mattack

Darn, someone should have mentioned this on tivos own fora, it's still broken in the latest update.., I don't use suggestions to watch, but as "yet another" free space indication... With the deletion probs (which were fixed in the latest update), I tried playing w suggestions again.. I have lots but no folder... Will reboot at some pt.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote