TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-02-2013, 12:54 PM   #91
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
Hannah could have also been "letting Dexter off the hook" by letting him think she did do it to make her going to prison easier on him.
I forgot to say that I was 95% sure Deb poisoned herself at the beginning of the episode but probably only 20% now.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:43 AM   #92
Hcour

I thought this season felt tired and that they blew a great opportunity to end the series with Deb shooting Dex.
Hcour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:15 AM   #93
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcour View Post
I thought this season felt tired and that they blew a great opportunity to end the series with Deb shooting Dex.
That would have been an ill-considered move, since there's at least one more season yet to come...
Old 01-04-2013, 09:46 AM   #94
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcour View Post
That would have been an ill-considered move, since there's at least one more season yet to come...
Not necessarily. It could have been Deb's decent into "The Code" and take over where Dexter left off. And Dexter could constantly visit and talk to Deb like their Dad does with Dex.

But I agree, they can't kill of the show's namesake with an entire season to go.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:50 PM   #95
Hcour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
But I agree, they can't kill of the show's namesake with an entire season to go.
Did you read my post? I said end the series, not the season. That is, end the series right there with Deb killing Dex. Would have been perfect!

Not sure if I'm really interested in another season.
Hcour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #96
Hank
AC•FTW

Agreed.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:44 AM   #97
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

The most interesting thing about how this played out is that Dexter didn't kill LaGuerta... Deb did! If Dex hadn't killed Hannah's father earlier in the season, he would still have not violated his code. And Hannah's father was definitely not an innocent, so some arguments could be made there. Actually Deb is worse than Dex since she killed a true innocent.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #98
Hank
AC•FTW

Dex did kill an innocent in an earlier season. He killed that celebrity photog, when the real killer was his assistant. Also, I think there was one other one, too.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #99
john4200

There was that guy in the restroom that Dexter appeared to beat to death. I guess he might have survived, but it did not look like it.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:31 PM   #100
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
There was that guy in the restroom that Dexter appeared to beat to death. I guess he might have survived, but it did not look like it.
I thought that was a dream sequence.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:51 PM   #101
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
I thought that was a dream sequence.
It was.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:36 PM   #102
john4200

No, Dexter actually beat that man with the anchor in real life, not a dream.

I can see why you are confused, though. After Rita's murder, Dexter got in his boat and was going to run away from it all. While he was piloting the boat, he closed his eyes and had a hallucination about Rita. But then he opened his eyes again, and later docked the boat at Jimbo's to fuel up, and then he met the rude guy inside, and later beat him to death with an anchor in the restroom after the guy said that his dead wife can suck his dick.

This was near the end of the first episode in season 5.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:25 PM   #103
danterner
Not it!

NSFW (language)

Spoiler:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:02 AM   #104
lew

Dexter's next, and possibly last, season will start on June 30.
lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:30 AM   #105
robojerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by lew View Post
Dexter's next, and possibly last, season will start on June 30.
That seems a little earlier than normal.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:57 AM   #106
lambertman
I'm a man, I'm 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by robojerk View Post
That seems a little earlier than normal.
Indeed.

and elsewhere
Play-by-play announcer at .... let me get back to you
lambertman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:11 PM   #107
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lew View Post
I assumed the secret was the fact that she was abusing Xanax. Popping the pills like candy. Hannah was in the apartment, saw the date of the script on the bottle and how few pills were left.
I thought it was pretty obvious when she took the Xanax in her car that she was chugging a bunch...certainly more than one or two. There was a lot of "rattling" going on when she dumped them into her hand before popping them in her mouth and drinking water from a bottle...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:20 AM   #108
newsposter
Poster of News

i watched the last 4 eps back to back so the comments are based on that:

quinn in the bar and putting the gun in his gf's hand would leave his prints on the gun too wouldnt it? for all the talk of blood and prints i thought that was a silly hole. i do like how angel asked about the time lag and that quinn was forced to lie to his face. again proving he cannot be trusted

matthews definitely knows about dexter and i do think he was letting him know about how close she was to connecting everything. good job warning him!

i know that police radios have gps so assumed thats how deb knew to ask for it. you see it in law and order and other cop shows all the time, they say send a bus to my location and they never give the location

i hope angel doesnt disappear from the show. him not sitting in the lt. chair was always something i thought created some nice stress between him and deb. maybe they could make that into something later down the road.

i didnt like this season that dex changed and didnt kill hannah and was also showing signs of weakness. he's becoming not himself and whlie you can make a case for him 'evolving' into something, i prefer he remain a consistent killer.

holy cow how long has it been since we saw dexters 'daughter'? she looked 12 last i remember. i also hope the nanny continues with the next season and i always feel bad for her..she's constantly dumped on but never complains

!

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:39 PM   #109
DUDE_NJX

In real life, if a couple of people touch an object like a gun, it's nearly impossible to lift a usable print.
DUDE_NJX is online now   Reply With Quote