TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Forum Extras > DVD TiVo Units (Archive)
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-01-2013, 10:59 AM   #1
dc6211410

How much can I get for my Humax DVD writer 40 HR

I was going to recycle my Humax DVD writer 40 HR because I bought a Premiere and the DVD part doesn't work. The TIVO rep told me I might consider selling it because there is a big following for them. Where would i sell it and how much do they go for? I have the option of adding lifetime service for $99. Would that add alot of value to it?
dc6211410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #2
iceturkee

i don't think the lifetime would hurt and would add value. sorry i can't answer the other questions.
iceturkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:46 AM   #3
Arcady
Stargate Fan

They sell for less than $100 (if they sell) with lifetime on eBay. It is not worth paying $99 to sell it for less than that. The only ones getting more than $100 have upgraded hard drives in them. Without lifetime and a stock hard drive (and a broken DVD drive), you can expect to get about $5-15 on eBay unless you get really lucky.

If you don't want to trash it, list it on craigslist or freecycle and let someone pick it up for free.
Two TiVo Minis

Left DirecTV 4/15/07. Left TWC 8/8/11. Now on Comcast Xfinity.
Arcady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:38 PM   #4
sushikitten
Exhausted mama

Good to know. I have a Humax with Lifetime and working DVD that we've contemplated selling.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sushikitten is offline   Reply With Quote