TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-29-2012, 10:56 AM   #1
Tunemantp

OTA signal. Help!

I live in new York city, and my OTA setup gets us plenty of viewing options on my TiVo Premiere. But the signal on some channels sucks. I went through a few antennas before I got the RCA indoor that I'm using. (an apartment dweller doesn't have any outdoor options. But some days, the local CBS affiliate looks like when you have a satellite dish in a snowstorm, and it's unwatchable. Some days it's perfect but the NBC affiliate does that. The others are never a problem.

I'm willing to take any advice!

Thanks
Tunemantp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:19 PM   #2
S3-2501

First, hook your existing antenna up to your TV or another OTA tuner to see if it receives your problem channels better than the Premiere. If you find that they do, you may live in an area with dynamic multipath signal reflections, which the Premiere cannot handle well. There's no antenna you can get that will compensate for the Premiere's shortcomings in that regard. On the other hand, if you find that your other OTA receivers have the same reception problems, you can continue troubleshooting with antennas etc. A good place to look for guidance is the AVS Forums Local HDTV Reception subforum. Here's the NY, NY OTA thread. If you rule out the Premiere as the cause of the problem, give that thread a read and maybe ask for some help there.
S3-2501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:41 AM   #3
Tunemantp

Thanks!

I'll try that his weekend and see what I get.
Tunemantp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:47 AM   #4
KTOA

Tvfool.com and antennaweb.org provided good info when I dialed-in my HD antenna, i.e. magnetic direction for the antenna, what channels I should recieve.
KTOA is offline   Reply With Quote