TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-28-2012, 11:12 PM   #1
AZrob

Going from 2 external MOCAs to 1 internal and one external

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the difference between hooking up 2 units with external MOCA adapters versus two units where one has an internal adapter and one has an external adapter. My main concern: is there going to be any difference in the way I hook them up to the network?

More specifically:

Right now I have 2 Tivos - one is an HD and one is an XL. They are both connected to the network via Netgear MOCA adapters. I am going to be replacing the HD with an XL4. The XL4 comes with an internal MOCA adapter. My question is - will this new setup be the same as the old one, or are there any significant differences I should be aware of?

thanks in advance,

Rob from AZ
AZrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:45 AM   #2
jcthorne

The new XL4 will only require the coax connection. No ethernet or moca adaptor. Should be no network configuration required.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote