TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-28-2012, 02:21 PM   #1
spencerl
Spencer L

Same Channel - 1 show is fine, the other is pixelated

I have a brand new Premiere XL that was bought for one purpose - recording The Young & The Restless for my wife. This is the only program that will not record so that it is remotely viewable. we tried recording the show right after that one on the same channel and it plays back without any issues.

We do not have cable, so everything is being recorded off an antenna. Haven't had 1 issue with any other recordings, just this one show.
spencerl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:06 PM   #2
Dan203
Super Moderator

Was there any overlap between the two shows? If so then the second show may have been recoded with the other tuner which could mean you have a bad tuner.

Dan
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:17 PM   #3
spencerl
Spencer L

The 2nd show was recently (today) added as a test. The only thing we can figure out is that the show in question Y&R) is the only show in the Season Pass. All the other shows we have recorded (at least for the week we have had the unit) are selected individually. We do have one other series in Season Pass, but they have not been aired recently due to the holiday.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:19 PM   #4
spencerl
Spencer L

Is there a way to determine which tuner is recording? Is there some sort of log/history that I could look at?
Old 12-28-2012, 03:41 PM   #5
Dan203
Super Moderator

No log, but you can test it right now. Setup two recordings right now that are on at the same time. Once they start recording check the System Information->DVR Diagnostics screen to see which tuner is recording what. After they're done check them and see if either has pixelation. If one does then do the test again, but on two completely different channels. If the show recorded on the same tuner as the first one also has pixelation then you definitely have a bad tuner.

Dan
Old 12-28-2012, 03:48 PM   #6
spencerl
Spencer L

Will do. Have 2 shows set up to record at 5pm. Will do the same at 6pm on different channels and let you know what happens. Thanks for the help!!!
Old 12-28-2012, 06:06 PM   #7
spencerl
Spencer L

All 4 shows are fine. I reset the show in question in the Season Pass and I'll see what happens next week.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:53 PM   #8
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencerl View Post
I have a brand new Premiere XL that was bought for one purpose - recording The Young & The Restless for my wife. This is the only program that will not record so that it is remotely viewable. we tried recording the show right after that one on the same channel and it plays back without any issues.

We do not have cable, so everything is being recorded off an antenna. Haven't had 1 issue with any other recordings, just this one show.
It's not impossible that the pixelation occurred before the signal got to your local CBS broadcast affiliate.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:25 PM   #9
Dan203
Super Moderator

You could always hook up a pair of rabbit ears and see if you can pickup the channel OTA. That would tell you if the pixelation is in he source or being introduced by your cable company.

Dan