TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-02-2012, 07:42 PM   #1
btwyx
Substantive Member

On demand plays 2 seconds then stops.

I'm having a problem with Comcast on demand on one of my premiers. On of the Premiers (the Elite) is working fine, the other one (the XL) can't play anything on demand. When I try to play a show it starts up for a couple of seconds then stops.

After it stops I can FFwd, skip etc and the timeline works, just the picture never changes. I can pick up from where I should have been watching on the other machine, so Comcast knows about what I'm doing on the XL.

I thought I'd seen a thread with a similar problem, but I can't find it at the moment.

Any suggestions? Or should I just call TiVo tech support. The XL was very reluctant to get on demand in the first place, I had to ring TiVo tech support and they had to do something, and on demand arrived sometime later. I haven't used the XL since then (we've been out of the country). So this is the first time I've actually tried to use on demand on that machine. (On the Elite it worked first time with no hassles.)
btwyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:15 PM   #2
jonbig

The cablecard for the TiVo that fails after 2 seconds is not paired properly. Keep going back to XFinity tech support until they get someone who can pair it properly.
jonbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:03 PM   #3
xbr23

so, should On Demand work with all Premiers and all cable providers? i thought On Demand would not work with Tivo's?
xbr23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:21 PM   #4
btwyx
Substantive Member

Its being rolled out, the first market is Comcast in the SF Bay Area. That's here.

Other providers and places, its not expected to work.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:40 PM   #5
btwyx
Substantive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbig View Post
The cablecard for the TiVo that fails after 2 seconds is not paired properly. Keep going back to XFinity tech support until they get someone who can pair it properly.
They certainly look paired, it gets all the HBO channels, which is usually what improper pairing affects.

Is there anything in the cable card screens which would shed more light on this?
Old 10-06-2012, 06:30 PM   #6
pmalolepsy

Same Issue

I'm having the same issue. Did you, or anybody else ever figure out what the issue is with this?
pmalolepsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:29 AM   #7
boityler

same problem

I'm having the exact same issue and can't find a solution. Everything I look at on the Tivo says it's paired properly ... anyone find a solution?
boityler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:54 AM   #8
JulienPDX

I just had this problem and had it fixed by calling the CableCARD Activation hotline @ Comcast. 1-877-405-2298

I just moved to a different market (thankfully with the same equipment as my previous market) and for whatever reason, the "work order" for my services was never completely processed--the result: I had all my channels but ONDemand would only work for a few seconds then stop (picture).

The rep reprocessed my work order and "finished it out"..after this I've had no issues with OnDemand.
JulienPDX is offline   Reply With Quote