TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-05-2012, 08:38 AM   #1
DTG

Repeated manual recordings disappearing from season pass list

I record 11 hours of CNBC in high DEF every day using a repeated manual recording. I have been doing this for the last four or five years.

Recently I got updated to version 20.2.2-01-2-746. Since then I have had my manual recording season pass entry disappear three times. The first time I assumed I'd done something wrong, so I re-created the entry. That one lasted about two days. Then I re-created it for the third time and it lasted for about a week.

I'm wondering if anybody else is seeing the same problem?
2 Premiers with Lifetime
DTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:47 AM   #2
L David Matheny

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTG View Post
I record 11 hours of CNBC in high DEF every day using a repeated manual recording. I have been doing this for the last four or five years.

Recently I got updated to version 20.2.2-01-2-746. Since then I have had my manual recording season pass entry disappear three times. The first time I assumed I'd done something wrong, so I re-created the entry. That one lasted about two days. Then I re-created it for the third time and it lasted for about a week.

Since TiVos are designed to do name-based recording from the guide, I suspect that relatively few people ever use manual recordings. But anything that would make repeated manual recording requests disappear sounds like a serious bug.
L David Matheny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:19 PM   #3
OC7

Quote:

Yes, I've had that problem a couple of times and I just discovered a bug that is causing it in my case.

I record the last 10 minutes or so of some of the late night talk shows so I can see just the musical guest. I did this by setting up a repeated (M-F) manual recording for each channel that I want to see. This repeated manual recording entry then shows up as an entry in my Season Pass Manager and the multiple scheduled recordings are listed in the To Do List.

I just noticed that if I cancel one occurrence of the repeated manual recording (for example, Wed. night) from the To Do List, the Season Pass Manager entry gets deleted and all of the other scheduled recordings for the other nights for that same repeated manual recording are also deleted from the To Do List.

This is new behavior and I also suspect that it started with version 20.2.2.
OC7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:11 PM   #4
wtkflhn

I'm using an older TIVO. I just want to but in here to say that I for one, use repeat manual records all the time. The reason is, I record from the QAM clear local broadcast channels. Since I don't have cable cards, the only way to get the higher quality HD picture, is to force the unit to do it with a manual repeat recording. I'd say that that new release has a SERIOUS bug in it, if it's doing that. With my older box, I won't have to worry about getting that new release.

Don H
wtkflhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:36 PM   #5
pattelbert

Same issue

Quote:

Same problem with a manually-set recurring program. It's only on one of our Tivo Premiere boxes but, truth be told, I've not set the manual recording on the other box. Will try that tonight.

Next course of action, if it's only on the one box, will be to restart the machine.

Last course of action will be to see if anybody from Tivo addresses this - possibly with an update.
pattelbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:18 PM   #6
Dan203
Super Moderator

I had a problem with my repeat manual recordings not working properly after the most recent update. I ended having to delete them all and reset them up using the new UI. Since then they have worked perfectly.

Dan
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:41 PM   #7
philt56

I am having the same problem. I record the 10pm abc local news M-F and it keeps getting cancelled. I have to do it manually, if I do a season pass then it wants to record the 5pm, 6pm and all other news casts each day. I just want the 10pm. Has anyone reported this to tivo?
philt56 is offline   Reply With Quote