Forum Jump

Old 12-21-2012, 10:34 AM   #61
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrlbc06 View Post
Forget AOL.

ESPN3 ESPN3 ESPN3

Why has this not happened yet? XBox has ESPN3.
Because of content they don't show on the ESPN family of channels? Not seeing the point otherwise.
slowbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:40 AM   #62
DonaldBurns65144

I have Amazon Prime on my cell phone, on my Kindle Fire and I've connected an old computer to our widescreen to be able to stream Amazon Prime. PITA to use. Would be nice to have Amazon Prime on the Premiere and remove the kludge computer setup. Wasn't worth the reboot time to add an AOL app that is less than useless, IMHO. It has been turned off on our Premiere a few seconds after being reviewed the very first time.
DonaldBurns65144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:17 AM   #63
rainwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrlbc06 View Post
Forget AOL.

ESPN3 ESPN3 ESPN3

Why has this not happened yet? XBox has ESPN3.
Xbox is the only set top box that offers it. My guess is they have an exclusive contract with ESPN. Otherwise, they would be on PS3, Apple TV, Roku, etc by now.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:00 PM   #64
djwilso

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldBurns65144 View Post
I have Amazon Prime on my cell phone, on my Kindle Fire and I've connected an old computer to our widescreen to be able to stream Amazon Prime. PITA to use. Would be nice to have Amazon Prime on the Premiere and remove the kludge computer setup. Wasn't worth the reboot time to add an AOL app that is less than useless, IMHO. It has been turned off on our Premiere a few seconds after being reviewed the very first time.
$49 would get you a Roku box that does Amazon Instant very well (as in, it's HD and has 5.1 surround sound). Just a thought.
djwilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:29 AM   #65
sbiller

I was looking for a particular video that is a 60 minutes clip. I know its on AOL On here -> http://on.aol.com/video/60-minutes--...tess-517675689

Is there a way to search for a clip on AOL On? I don't think it is part of unified search at this point.
sbiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:46 AM   #66
abqdan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewster View Post
What does it, like, do?
Nothing useful. Almost all the content is short video clips like you see people post on Facebook. Total Yawn. I don't mind Tivo adding stuff, but can't they find something useful, like Vudu or Amazon Prime?
abqdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:49 AM   #67
abqdan

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post
Because of content they don't show on the ESPN family of channels? Not seeing the point otherwise.
But Xbox Live charges you $8 a month so that you can watch things you are already paying for - like Hulu and Netflix. Total rip off by Microsoft. We have Xbox, but we only need the games we've purchased, so we don't subscribe to Live, and we certainly wouldn't so that we could watch things we've already paid for! Microsoft really is evil.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:56 AM   #68
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

Please don't exaggerate, Xbox Live Gold is routinely on sale for $35-40 a year (12 month cards). More like $3/month in other words. I don't like paying extra for Gold but the cost is minimal, and MS is not evil for charging for it.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:01 AM   #69
abqdan

Quote:
Please don't exaggerate, Xbox Live Gold is routinely on sale for $35-40 a year (12 month cards). More like $3/month in other words. I don't like paying extra for Gold but the cost is minimal, and MS is not evil for charging for it.
Other systems, like PS3 do not charge for pass-through services like Netflix. Maybe you like paying extra for nothing, and maybe you think such payments are minimal - but this is just like the cable companies nickle and diming us. If you are an online gamer, I'm sure it's reasonable, but anyone buying the Xbox just to play games in their own living room is conned by Microsoft into thinking all this stuff is available, when in reality they provide nothing for free - it is all tied to Gold. Yes, they are evil.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:13 AM   #70
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

So you're evil at $3/month... man Comcast is going straight to hell with those bogus outlet fees for extra Cablecards then.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:38 AM   #71
morac
Cat God

Quote:
So you're evil at $3/month... man Comcast is going straight to hell with those bogus outlet fees for extra Cablecards then.
Yes.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-20048006-71.html
morac is offline   Reply With Quote