TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-27-2012, 09:48 AM   #2611
rfryar
My Media, My Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougD View Post
Currently there is not a way to turn off the search bar. Other than the search capability there are basically no other changes from the prior one so I would recommend switching to the prior version. I may add the embedded metadata capability later but right now don't have any files to work with and am not sure how to do it.
Look into atomicParsley, it can add metadata to MP4 files. I use a commercial piece of software called MetaX which will look up the movie/tv show data and add the metadata to the file. Remember to optimize the mp4 file which places the metadata in the correct spot in the atom to play correctly with out requiring a transcode.

Thanks again, will just live with the search box for now and hope that you have time to look into adding metadata based searches.

Thanks,

Rick
rfryar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:46 AM   #2612
meBigGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by meBigGuy View Post
I am having a problem with aspect ratio. Playing to my Tivo Series 3, setup for my 480i TV, in Panel mode, the following video will not play in letterbox format:

Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 720x404 23.976fps [GPAC ISO Video Handler - MPEG4 Video (H264)]
Audio: AAC 48000Hz stereo 111kbps [GPAC ISO Audio Handler - MPEG-4 Audio]

On the other hand, the following does play in letterbox:

Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 720x402 23.976fps [MPEG4 Video (H264)]
Audio: AAC 48000Hz stereo 131kbps [MPEG-4 Audio]

Not sure where to start to determine what is causing this.

Thanks
Is there some reason why 720x402 would display as 16:9 and 720x404 would display as 4:3? Or might there be some more subtle encoding issue?
meBigGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:14 PM   #2613
DougD

Search with files other than mpg

Quote:
When you first use streambaby a file named searchNstreambaby.ini is created for the search features of streambaby. This file can be modified as explained by the comments:

#
#Settings for Search portion streambabystream
#
# This file is created automatically if the entry dbname.main= is not found in a file

#
# main database (If this database does not exist it will be created and filled by all dir.xx= entries in streambaby.ini which do not have passwords
dbname.main=C:\Users\MyUserID\dbmoviesfileb
# Add databases you have already created using Med's movie manager program such as for your DVD's
dbname.1=C:\Users\MyUserID\mydvds
dbname.2=C:\Users\MyUserID\kidsdvds

# Example of how to require a password before a database is used
dbname.3=C:\Users\MyUserID\parentsdvds
dbname.3.password=onlyme,momspassword
dbname.4=C:\Users\MyUserID\dbase_for_my_stuff
dbname.4.password=onlyme
# When using streambaby on your TIVO, to enter a password move where you select what to look for such as TITLE and
# press the clear button

#
# Directory to search for cover images (The program will first look in the directory the show is in)
CoverImagesFolder=C:\Users\MyUserID\movies\TheCovers
#
# If a streambaby.ini file is found then the dir.xx entries will be read from it
# and only the dir.xx.dbname= entries for directories with dir.xx.password= entries need to be in this file
# Example of directory which requires password to access
dir.8=C:\Users\MyUserID\My Videos
dir.8.dbname =My Videos
dir.8.password=onlyme
#
# To create databases containing information on password protected directories:
dir.9=C:\Users\MyUserID\abc
dir.9.password=onlyme
dir.9.dbname=C:\Users\MyUserID\dbase_for_my_stuff
# note the database name used above must be the same as a dbname.xx for example
#dbname.1 =C:\Users\MyUserID\dbase_for_my_stuff
#dir.9.dbname=C:\Users\MyUserID\dbase_for_my_stuff
# Require a password before certain channels are shown in the search
restrict.1.Channel='comedyhd','comedy','msnbc'
restrict.1.Channel.password=onlyme,momspassword
restrict.2.Channel='lifetimehd','lifetime','own'
restrict.2.Channel.password=onlyme,momspassword,teenspasswor d

# Require a password to limit the type of MPAA ratings shown
restrict.1.Mpaa='RATED MA%','RATED NC17%','RATED R%'
restrict.1.Mpaa.password=onlyme,momspassword

restrict.2.Mpaa='RATED PG-13','RATED TV-14'
restrict.2.Mpaa.password=onlyme,momspassword,teenspassword

# format for storing lists which can be used in searches
# list.columnName.NameForList='ITEM1','ITEM2','ITEM3'
# Did you note the ITEM names are in uppercase?
list.Channel.Premium='OWN','TCM','FMC'
list.Channel.womans='LIFETIME HD','LIFETIME','OWN','FMC'
list.Channel.kids='ABCFAM','ABCFAM HD','NICK','NICKTOONS'

list.Mpaa.kids='RATED G%','RATED PG%'
list.Genre.romantic='%ROMANTIC COMEDY%','%ROMANCE%

# require certain queries to be included in all searches
query.8.andor=and
query.8.type=File Location
query.8.hasnot=has
query.8.text=mpg
#query.8.password=onlyme
#
query.9.andor=and
query.9.type=Mpaa
query.9.hasnot=not
query.9.text=RATED MA%
query.9.password=onlyme
# above will always be included as the 9th item in the query and can not be changed unless the password
# has been entered AT SOME TIME (could have been several days ago) before the search

# Inital settings for the screen labeled extra are maintained in the xxxx.working.ini file
# These settings can be changed from the tivo by pressing enter, enter to get to the second section
# down arrow or channel down to change the category, clear to start changing the placement,channel up to move placement up,
# thumbs up to move several lines up, up arrow to move 1 line up, followed by pressing enter three times to exit

# Columns you have added to the database and want to be able to display
UserCol1Name=Number
#UserCol2Name=MyNewColumn
#UserCol3Name=MyOtherNewColumn
# Specify if the passwords you have typed in should be reset each time you enter the program
# If set to true a password will no longer be required until the program is shut down or the clear passwords button pushed
ClearPasswords=false
#Metadata=C:\Users\MyUserID\metadatas
I am not positive but think the default setting is to only display shows which are on your pc and have mpg in the file name when returning results. Note the query.8 entries above. If you comment these entries out and restart streambaby then all shows that meet the search criteria will be listed. Also note that the comedy channel and several other channels will not be displayed unless one of the passwords such as onlyme is entered because of the restrict.1.channel entries. To comment these out enter a # in front of the lines.
DougD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:24 PM   #2614
DougD

Streambaby not showing up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpantstm View Post
Installed 1.6 32 bit. Still not working.
Have you left streambaby running overnight and yet still have a problem?
Old 12-02-2012, 03:27 PM   #2615
DougD

Do mp4 files show up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfryar View Post
Look into atomicParsley, it can add metadata to MP4 files. I use a commercial piece of software called MetaX which will look up the movie/tv show data and add the metadata to the file. Remember to optimize the mp4 file which places the metadata in the correct spot in the atom to play correctly with out requiring a transcode.

Thanks again, will just live with the search box for now and hope that you have time to look into adding metadata based searches.

Thanks,

Rick
When you use the search feature the show titles should at least show up unless you are using the default setting limiting the display to mpg files which are on your computer
Old 12-03-2012, 11:17 PM   #2616
QHaque

Streambaby network problems

Up until last week, I had a Linksys WRT400N router connecting to a Linksys WET610 bridge, over 5GHz N.

Last week, I bought a pair of RT-AC66U's that I set up as a router and a bridge, connecting over 5GHz AC. I updated both to the latest official firmware (3.0.0.4.260).

I run Streambaby on my desktop, which is physically connected to the router.

My Tivo HD is physically connected to the bridge.

Everything worked with the Linksys WRT400N/WET610 combination, although not really fast enough for streaming 1080p content.

Now, with the two RT-AC66U's, the Tivo can't see Streambaby.

After some more testing, I did manage to get Streambaby working, by plugging the Tivo into the WET610N bridge instead of the RT-AC66U media.

The bizarre thing is, the WET610N is connecting to the 2.4Ghz network from the RT-AC66U bridge, which I configured with a difference SSID than the 2.4Ghz network from the main RT-AC66U router.

Why does Tivo->WET610N bridge->RT-AC66U bridge->RT-AC66U router->Streambaby work while Tivo->RT-AC66U bridge->RT-AC66U router->Streambaby does not work?

How can I get Tivo->RT-AC66U bridge->RT-AC66U router->Streambaby to work?
QHaque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:48 PM   #2617
mrpantstm
Well aren't you

Quote:
Have you left streambaby running overnight and yet still have a problem?
Yes, left it running for the past couple of weeks.

Interesting development though:

Hooked up an another computer via ethernet, same problem. So the three computers I have that are wifi work fine but the two that are ethernet Tivo doesn't seem to find when it looks for apps. Which leads me to think it's a router thing? Anyone see this problem? Any clue as to what I should look for that is blocked? Or is something jacked with the Tivo?

*Edit*
Just read above post. Not exactly what I have but same sort of problem.
mrpantstm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:06 AM   #2618
nrnoble

StreamBaby works great with my Premiere, but when I stream to my either of my S3s, I get a stuttering effect, its like watching the video at 15fps. IMHO, its not watchable on the S3s because the stuttering effect its too distracting.

Is this a known issue?
Is there any way to fit it?

Thanks
Tivo user since 1999.
nrnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:58 AM   #2619
nrnoble

Quote:
Originally Posted by moscovitzd View Post
Got it to work by downgrading to Java v6. I did not realize Java v7 was installed.
Thanks for posting the solution. I had the same problem of running the latest version of the java runtime. I downgraded to 1.6, and I was able to push videos to the TiVo.
Tivo user since 1999.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:02 PM   #2620
nrnoble

Another strange problem I encounter with when I "push" a video my Premiere is that the video\movie is playable only while the "blue" light is active on the TiVo, or for as long I am watching it. Once the blue light disappears the video is become unwatatchable with an error message that says the video for the channel is unavailable.
Tivo user since 1999.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:25 PM   #2621
lpwcomp

I guess you are pushing TiVo compatible files. Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to watch them until the transfer completes. I suspect that the transfer is failing before it completes, at which point it is being deleted from the TiVo.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:21 PM   #2622
nrnoble

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
I guess you are pushing TiVo compatible files. Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to watch them until the transfer completes. I suspect that the transfer is failing before it completes, at which point it is being deleted from the TiVo.
Might fail before the transfer is complete because the movie played back fine prior to the blue light goes off. And if it fails before ending, its right at the end because it was Dark Knight Rises (156 minutes) and I watched the entire movie except for the end credits. The blue light went off between 5-10 minutes, but I was able watch the entire movie. After I stopped watching the movie, the movie was still listed in my play list as a valid video, but it was unplayable.

Overall, not a big deal because it streams perfectly fine, and that works just as well for my purposes.
Tivo user since 1999.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:08 PM   #2623
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrnoble View Post
Might fail before the transfer is complete because the movie played back fine prior to the blue light goes off. And if it fails before ending, its right at the end because it was Dark Knight Rises (156 minutes) and I watched the entire movie except for the end credits. The blue light went off between 5-10 minutes, but I was able watch the entire movie. After I stopped watching the movie, the movie was still listed in my play list as a valid video, but it was unplayable.

Overall, not a big deal because it streams perfectly fine, and that works just as well for my purposes.
If it is still in your NPL, then the transfer didn't fail, so I have no idea what the problem is.

Old 12-20-2012, 12:13 PM   #2624
nrnoble

Thanks, I am not going to be concerned about it, I can stream fine.
Tivo user since 1999.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:08 PM   #2625
rfryar
My Media, My Way

Quote:
When you use the search feature the show titles should at least show up unless you are using the default setting limiting the display to mpg files which are on your computer
Is there an example of any new ini settings? I have not changed my INI file and I did not see any new settings in your new build. Search does not seem to work even for the file names of my videos.

All my videos are MP4 files.

Thanks,

Rick
rfryar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:03 AM   #2626
DougD

Where to specify file extensions for search

I probably put the setting for file extensions in the wrong file but for now you can add extensions by editing the file searchNstreambaby.working.ini which does not exist until you have tried doing a search and then exited streambaby.

I do have a mp4 entry in the list so try adding MP4 and let me know what happens. Also there is a new searchNstreambaby.ini file which has comments in it explaining the various settings you can speicify in the same file.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:25 PM   #2627
mortis42

I recently upgraded(?) to Windows 8 64 from Windows 7 64 and had trouble getting streambaby working. I thought I would share what I did to get it working.

First, with jre 1.7 64 & 32 installed, I installed as a service using the bat in extras.
Both streambaby.bat and service started fine.
Windows firewall asked to allow java, said yes.
From TiVo I could see Stream, Baby, Stream, but got error 0x50005 when trying to select.

Second, made firewall exception for TCP port 7290.
Was able to browse shares, but when tried to stream, connection unexpectedly closed.

Third, installed jre 1.6 32.
Changed streambaby.bat to look for jre 1.6:
Spoiler:
*** H:/Program Files (x86)/streambaby.29/streambaby.bat Sat Apr 21 20:15:29 2012
--- H:/Program Files (x86)/streambaby/streambaby.bat Tue Jan 08 11:53:21 2013
*** 1,5 ****
@echo off
set LAUNCHDIR="%CD%"
pushd "%~dp0\native"
! java -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Xmx256m -Xmx256m -jar "%~dp0/jbin/streambaby.jar" %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8
echo Exited.
--- 1,6 ----
@echo off
+ set JAVA="C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe"
set LAUNCHDIR="%CD%"
pushd "%~dp0\native"
! %JAVA% -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Xmx256m -Xmx256m -jar "%~dp0/jbin/streambaby.jar" %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8
echo Exited.

Running from streambaby.bat, everythinig worked fine.
Running from service, could not stream

Fourth, changed wrapper.conf to use jre 1.6:
Spoiler:
*** H:/Program Files (x86)/streambaby.29/extra/service/conf/wrapper.conf Fri Jan 22 11:28:10 2010
--- H:/Program Files (x86)/streambaby/extra/service/conf/wrapper.conf Tue Jan 08 11:51:20 2013
*** 12,14 ****
# Java Application
! wrapper.java.command=java

--- 12,18 ----
# Java Application
! # Locate the java binary on the system PATH:
! #wrapper.java.command=java
! # Specify a specific java binary:
! set.JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6
! wrapper.java.command=%JAVA_HOME%/bin/java

Running from service, everything worked fine.
mortis42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:20 AM   #2628
TheWGP
Hmmm...

Hmm - I had an error tonight with Streambaby, from Mac OS X Mountain Lion. I've had no issues in the past (including just last night). Tonight, though, the file was a 5.6gb .mkv - not sure what the encoding inside the container is. ANyway, it played just fine, like usual, but then when it hit the first Rebuffering... it never came back - the subtitles started playing again but then an error "resource unavailable (filename) popped up in red. I look at the Streambaby window and it's got errors about broken pipe in the HTTP GET. I restart, no dice, I refire-up streambaby and try again, same thing. This one really has me stumped because it SHOULD rebuffer fine - and it's demonstrated it can handle whatever's in that mkv, or the file wouldn't have played in the first place, right?

Any thoughts are more than welcome. This is an Elite playing from a Macbook Pro via wifi. Haven't tried heavy-duty troubleshooting yet as we're just going to bed instead of watching, but wanted to see if anyone's seen this or has any ideas.
TheWGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:52 AM   #2629
nrnoble

Quote:
Originally Posted by meBigGuy View Post
I am having a problem with aspect ratio. Playing to my Tivo Series 3, setup for my 480i TV, in Panel mode, the following video will not play in letterbox format:

Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 720x404 23.976fps [GPAC ISO Video Handler - MPEG4 Video (H264)]
Audio: AAC 48000Hz stereo 111kbps [GPAC ISO Audio Handler - MPEG-4 Audio]

On the other hand, the following does play in letterbox:

Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 720x402 23.976fps [MPEG4 Video (H264)]
Audio: AAC 48000Hz stereo 131kbps [MPEG-4 Audio]

Not sure where to start to determine what is causing this.

Thanks
Yeah, I had the same problem. As suggested a few post back, using the Tivo remote I went to live TV, used the Tivo remote's zoom\aspect button and set it to 'Panel' mode. Then on my Vizio TV I changed the TV aspect ratio to wide screen. This takes panel box video coming from the TiVo and expands it out to the proper aspect ratio of movie. Kinda like how cinemascope works.
Tivo user since 1999.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #2630
jhilla

Can Streambaby play a cloud drive? I'm about to find out, Skydrive does a local installation to the root directory of your windows share named Skydrive oddly enough it saves it's data in real time. In theory, could Streambaby pull videos from within the cloud. More importantly could this be driven from other services like Cloudy pushed from Boxee? I have modified my .conf to show the change. One thing is for sure, i added the same directory to Pytivo and it was unable to push my Skydrive videos but Pulling it was working.

#
# ./streambaby --help for more configuration file options
#

dir.1=C:\Users\AMD\Videos
dir.1.name=AMD FLIX
dir.2=C:\Users\AMD\SkyDrive\my tivo
dir.2.name=Skydrive Cloud
#CoverImagesFolder=/path/to/my/covers
# Ip address to bind to
# most people don't need to change this.
#ip=192.168.2.2
# port to use
#port=7290

Last edited by jhilla : 01-14-2013 at 01:46 AM. Reason: forgot to remove the # from directory during first run.
jhilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:49 AM   #2631
svadas

Have been streaming successfully for many years. Just upgraded my home theater receiver and went from optical audio to hdmi audio. No sound or garbled random sounds. I get stereo sound if i change tivo to pcm, but before I was getting 5.1. Is there anything in streambaby I need to configure? I never had to do anything with my older receiver or had any sound issues. The video portions come through fine and regular tivo shows come through in 5.1. Things just fall apart when i try to stream.
svadas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:36 AM   #2632
sga000

I would like to push an .avi file to my Tivo HD with subtitles. I have the .srt file in the same folder as the .avi file. If I use streambaby to stream to my Tivo, the captions show perfectly. But if I try to use the "Push video" feature, the .avi file does get transferred, but the captions do not. Is this by design, i.e. should captions only go with the stream, not with push?

Can someone tell me how to get the captions to be pushed also?
sga000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #2633
superflysocal

When I am using the HD GUI, I cannot find streambaby, what menu is it under?

When I use the SD menu (which I like better anyways), it is in the photos, etc. menu, but ss there a way to force streambaby to appear first on the list when you go to that menu?
superflysocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:17 PM   #2634
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by superflysocal View Post
When I am using the HD GUI, I cannot find streambaby, what menu is it under?
Showcases & Apps

Old 01-31-2013, 12:54 PM   #2635
pixelpusher220

Latest Java 7 update 11 breaks Streambaby?

I noticed that Streambaby stopped working a few days ago. By rolling back java to Java 7 update 7 it started working again.

Havent seen anything online yet related to why, but wondered if anyone else has seen the issue?

XPsp3
Premiere Elite
pixelpusher220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:47 AM   #2636
bcamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelpusher220 View Post
I noticed that Streambaby stopped working a few days ago. By rolling back java to Java 7 update 7 it started working again.

Havent seen anything online yet related to why, but wondered if anyone else has seen the issue?

XPsp3
Premiere Elite
Yup. Same with me. I didn't immediately connect the problem to the Java update because it didn't affect me until a reboot a day later.

I didn't want to roll J7 back because of security concerns. My solution was to leave the J7 update, but to reinstall the latest version of J6. Like many, I maintain both for legacy compatibility.
bcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:49 AM   #2637
pixelpusher220

Java 7 update 13 still broken

7 u 13 still doesn't allow Streambaby work
Old 02-04-2013, 10:51 AM   #2638
pixelpusher220

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcamp View Post
I didn't want to roll J7 back because of security concerns. My solution was to leave the J7 update, but to reinstall the latest version of J6. Like many, I maintain both for legacy compatibility.
Doesn't having J6 on the machine introduce all the sec vulns of that version though? Having J7 fully updated is nice, but if you have to run J6..isn't that sort of like putting in a new secured door right next to the old insecure one?
Old 02-04-2013, 04:32 PM   #2639
wingnut144

Updating the application?

I'm curious, are the developers actively working on updates to StreamBaby?

Seems like it's been dead for a while now.......
wingnut144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:57 AM   #2640
AZrob

Why don't "Same" speeds work in Streambaby on the Mac?

Hi all,

I have been using Streambaby on Windows for several years. Always I would be able to stream videos by just selecting the "Same" speed. But this week I decided to install Streambaby on my new Mac Mini. For a frustrating day I kept getting the "Failed to Open Stream" error on most, but not all of my videos that had formerly worked fine under Windows.

Finally I figured out the workaround - you just have to adjust the Quality value to be anything but "Same". Often a Higher quality works - sometimes it's a lower quality, and for some the Same does work. But for the majority of my videos, the Same quality did not work, and you get that error message mentioned above.

This isn't too bad - I don't mind having to pick a different Quality - but why did I never have to do that under the Windows version...anyone got any ideas?

thanks in advance,

Rob from AZ
AZrob is offline   Reply With Quote