Saul 2 3.51%
The Mole 16 28.07%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump

Old 12-18-2012, 04:08 PM   #1
markp99
TakoKichi

Homeland S02 - Who Done It? - Spoilers Likely

With the S02 finale behind us, who do you think was ultimately behind the explosive ending?
markp99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:22 PM   #2
markp99
TakoKichi

I voted Brody based on that little snippet of dialog between Brody and Carrie in that office, just before the explosion.

Carrie, "Why the sad face?"

While Brody did not move his SUV, I think he was in on it.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:34 PM   #3
robojerk

I don't understand the options?

Team Nazir, The Mole, and Brody are probably all on the same team.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:37 PM   #4
markp99
TakoKichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by robojerk View Post
I don't understand the options?

Team Nazir, The Mole, and Brody are probably all on the same team.
Yes, subtle flavors on the same team

Let me 'splain:

1. Team Nazir - Faceless henchmen
2. Brody - Active involvement
3. Mole - While still faceless, someone inside the gov't

Option (1) does not need any S03 resolution, while (2) and (3) probably should be exposed/resolved next season.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:43 PM   #5
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

Has to be someone inside the government, for logistical purposes. Someone had to put the C4 in the Tahoe, and then move it into position.

I'm not convinced Brody was in on it - why would he take such a risk by being so close to the blast radius. Besides, Carrie was the one who signaled him to leave the ceremony.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:44 PM   #6
Hank
AC•FTW

I think it's Team Nazir's parting gift, because they have to set up the new "bad" guy for next season, and we saw that little clip of the terrorist leader taking credit for the bombing. That's the new bad guy. Not Brody, not Quinn, not Saul, and no mole. Or if there was a mole, it was Estes (but I don't think so).
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:56 PM   #7
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi

I can only say that I hope it wasn't Brody, because I would feel betrayed by the writing big time. Not only would it undo the character development we saw this season but it would also likely not stand up to scrutiny of season 2 events proper if Brody were in fact a "really bad dude"
TAsunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:30 PM   #8
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
I think it's Team Nazir's parting gift, because they have to set up the new "bad" guy for next season, and we saw that little clip of the terrorist leader taking credit for the bombing. That's the new bad guy. Not Brody, not Quinn, not Saul, and no mole. Or if there was a mole, it was Estes (but I don't think so).
There's a mole. Ganza has said so. I say it's not Garza, because obvious is obvious.

They want to make the mole be Saul due somehow to his Indian Hindu wife but that will be nonsense. Consider that Saul could have just tossed the video SD card, unless that was all part of the wiley, wiley Nazir's plan.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:29 AM   #9
Jonathan_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadPirateRob View Post
Has to be someone inside the government, for logistical purposes. Someone had to put the C4 in the Tahoe, and then move it into position.
Putting the C4 into it conceivably could have been done by random henchmen. It appears Brody no longer has secret service protection, so access to his SUV shouldn't be all that hard.

But whoever moved it had was allowed into the CIA compound. So they either have CIA credentials or were brought in as a guest by someone who does. They might have just been on the guest list for the memorial; but most of those appeared to be staffers, family, and government. So if it was a one time guest either they'd already infiltrated the Veep's family/staff, or someone put a random onto the guest list.

This very likely means that, if Brody didn't do it (and I tend to doubt he did), the (or a) mole was involved. Either to move the vehicle or to allow in whoever did move it (and how did they move it. I doubt the CIA has valet parking, so Brody should still have his keys. Did the mover have a spare set? Hotwire it?)
Old 12-19-2012, 10:24 AM   #10
bob190

Did anyone else notice that they prominently showed Brody's keys dangling from his hands as he exited the car, and then also made a point to showing him shake the hand of a Marine guard on the way into the building.

Did he hand off the keys during the handshake?
bob190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:06 PM   #11
dowalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob190 View Post
Did anyone else notice that they prominently showed Brody's keys dangling from his hands as he exited the car, and then also made a point to showing him shake the hand of a Marine guard on the way into the building.

Oh good one, the plot thickens!
dowalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:39 PM   #12
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob190 View Post

There was also an otherwise superfluous shot of Brody standing outside the hall before he met with Carrie. Again, if that isn't a red herring, and they intend to make it "He is!" it will be a major cheat.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:12 PM   #13
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

I think it was pretty obvious that they want the viewers to be clear that it wasn't Brody. Why else would they show him parking in the regular lot with all the other cars? And we know Brody didn't move his car up close to the building since he was with Carrie. It wasn't Saul, because he was off on the destroyer burying Nazir's body. And the fact that someone moved Brody's car after it was already inside the CIA perimeter means it was someone with CIA credentials, so it had to be the Mole. But I voted Team Nazir since I believe that whoever is the CIA mole is on Team Nazir, not someone acting independently.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:36 PM   #14
Hank
AC•FTW

Furthermore, I think Team Nazir loaded Brody's car with explosives well before he drove to the event. Someone with press credentials like Roya had could have moved the car, not necessarily someone inside the CIA (i.e. "the mole").
Old 12-19-2012, 05:03 PM   #15
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Furthermore, I think Team Nazir loaded Brody's car with explosives well before he drove to the event. Someone with press credentials like Roya had could have moved the car, not necessarily someone inside the CIA (i.e. "the mole").
Possible. But my issue with that was that the size of the blast would have required a whole truckload of explosives, probably more than what would fit in a Tahoe in the first place. So if they try to claim that the explosives were placed in the car several days in advance and they were so steathily concealed that Brody didn't even notice, then that will be laughable, because the amount of explosives that could be concealed without the driver of the vehicle finding them after several days of driving would not do nearly that much damage.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:57 PM   #16
Hank
AC•FTW

Maybe not several days, but perhaps that same day or the day before. But you're right about the weight. Or it was a car identical to Brody's and the real terrorist left with Brody's car. But all of that would have been on video.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:08 PM   #17
MacThor
Not Pictured

I re-watched the portion of the show from Brody parking the car to the blast, and two things struck me that I didn't remember the first time.

1) When Brody and Carrie give each other the "let's get out of here" look, Carrie walks down a hallway to the elevator, while Brody is shown walking outside.

2) Brody looks out the window at least twice in Saul's office before he "notices" that his car has been moved. Also, the whole sad look seemed out of place unless he knew what was going down.
MacThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:31 PM   #18
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacThor View Post
I re-watched the portion of the show from Brody parking the car to the blast, and two things struck me that I didn't remember the first time.

1) When Brody and Carrie give each other the "let's get out of here" look, Carrie walks down a hallway to the elevator, while Brody is shown walking outside.

2) Brody looks out the window at least twice in Saul's office before he "notices" that his car has been moved. Also, the whole sad look seemed out of place unless he knew what was going down.
I did notice that. That's what I say are red herrings, unless the show writer's really cheat.

I'm amused that the show runners are miffed that fans are complaining so much about the stupid stuff. As they say in Air Traffic Control they "lost the flick." They went from Hero to Zero in like 3 episodes.

It'll be interesting to see how they respond next season. They should go to the writer's war room and figure out where they lost it and make sure they stay in line next season. A shakeup might be good.
UVerse and OTA

Old 12-28-2012, 10:15 AM   #19
aindik

I don't think Al Qaeda would have claimed responsibility for it if it wasn't them. So I think that takes Quinn and Saul off the list.

I don't think they'll turn Saul heel/terrorist. He's one of the good guys and will probably stay that way. And he couldn't have physically done it since he was on a ship. And he didn't seem to have a lot of power at the agency, and had been essentially locked up for the three days prior.

I also don't think it's Brody. I think he's clean, and I believed him when he said his goal was to kill the Vice President rather than a bunch of people at a memorial. Though, on the other hand, those are mostly CIA people and not "innocent civilians."

(I just finished watching the entire series over the past month or so).
aindik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:34 AM   #20
nyny523
Oy

Why would Brody even bother to point out that his car was moved to Carrie if he was the one who planned the bombing? What purpose would that serve? I don't think it was him - I think he wanted the VP dead, and he got what he wanted. I don't think he held that kind of grudge against the entire CIA. And how would he know that Carrie wouldn't be in the direct blast range? I don't think he would have wanted that, either.

So no, it isn't Brody.

And it can't be Saul, or I am bailing. Saul is the moral compass for the show. It would be so completely out of character for him, I would find it inconceivable.

I vote that it is the mole. They have been talking about a mole. I think next season is going to be about finding the mole...
Old 12-28-2012, 11:56 AM   #21
aindik

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny523 View Post
Why would Brody even bother to point out that his car was moved to Carrie if he was the one who planned the bombing? What purpose would that serve?
I don't think it's Brody either, but if he wanted Carrie to survive the blast, having her figure out it was coming a moment before it happens (in addition to getting her out of the main windowed room) is probably the best he could do.

OTOH, I supposed he could have told her to go on the boat with Saul instead of coming to the memorial. But maybe he knew that she would help get him outta dodge.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:00 PM   #22
nyny523
Oy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aindik View Post
I don't think it's Brody either, but if he wanted Carrie to survive the blast, having her figure out it was coming a moment before it happens (in addition to getting her out of the main windowed room) is probably the best he could do.

OTOH, I supposed he could have told her to go on the boat with Saul instead of coming to the memorial. But maybe he knew that she would help get him outta dodge.
Except prior to the conversation, she had not yet decided what she was going to do, so he had no way of knowing she was going to chose him over her job...
Old 12-28-2012, 12:06 PM   #23
aindik

Quote:
Except prior to the conversation, she had not yet decided what she was going to do, so he had no way of knowing she was going to chose him over her job...
No, but he probably thought she would (eventually) believe him that he didn't orchestrate the attack, also realize that nobody else would, and help him get outta dodge.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:14 PM   #24
nyny523
Oy

Quote:
No, but he probably thought she would (eventually) believe him that he didn't orchestrate the attack, also realize that nobody else would, and help him get outta dodge.
I think you are stretching...

I was quite surprised myself at how quickly she was willing to believe/help him. That was hard to believe for me.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:16 PM   #25
aindik

Quote:
I think you are stretching...

I was quite surprised myself at how quickly she was willing to believe/help him. That was hard to believe for me.
I think Brody is fairly confident in his ability to work Carrie.

Still don't think it's him, though.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:19 PM   #26
nyny523
Oy

Quote:
I think Brody is fairly confident in his ability to work Carrie.

Still don't think it's him, though.
I don't think it is him, either.

However, I am not a trained CIA operative who just witnessed the annihilation of my department.

It seems incredibly unbelievable to me that she not only let him go, but HELPED him go, after a two minute conversation.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:50 PM   #27
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
It seems incredibly unbelievable to me that she not only let him go, but HELPED him go, after a two minute conversation.
If you look closely, you'll find a few more things in this season that are "incredibly unbelievable".
Old 12-28-2012, 12:51 PM   #28
nyny523
Oy

Quote:
If you look closely, you'll find a few more things in this season that are "incredibly unbelievable".
True dat

But we are only discussing "who done it?" here...