TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-02-2012, 10:55 AM   #1
pledge

Preventing Unwanted Recordings

When programming a wishlist of "Action/Adventure," is there a way to prevent Tivo from also recording cartoons that also use the "action/adventure" in their descriptions? Example: I keep getting Futurama even though I've given it 3 thumbs down. I delete these cartoons every time, but they keep showing up. There are about 5 cartoon and/or kids programs that keep showing up like this. Thanks in advance for any help.
pledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:26 PM   #2
TerpBE
Go Terps!

Thumbs will have no effect. If it matches your wishlist, Tivo will record it. However, what you can do is add some "not" keywords in your wishlist. For example, add the keyword "Futurama". Then, in the list of keywords, highlight it and then hit the down thumb button until it has a "-" before it. This will now update your wishlist to exclude any programs that contain the word "Futurama".

You can try adding a (not) "Animated" keyword, but I'm not sure if the categories are in the relevant keyword fields or not. Worst case scenario, you could add a (not) keyword for each kids' show title you notice it recording. It could be a little tedious to set up at first, but each time you add a show you don't have to worry about it ever recording again.
TerpBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:43 PM   #3
pledge

Thanks TerpBe

Thank you for your expertise! I'll try that when I get home from work this evening.
pledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:18 PM   #4
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

That's what I had to do to get just the episodes of the various small claims court/judge programs with cases that involve pets. Every once in a great while I have to add new keywords with a - in front of them because the category is so broad.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:22 AM   #5
Sylvia Caras

Not: Wish List Thumbs Down ?

[quote=TerpBE;9074234] Then, in the list of keywords, highlight it and then hit the down thumb button until it has a "-" before it.

I have done this once, a few months ago, worked as described. Now when I try I get the unpleasant "no" noise. HD interface. Is there another way to use this feature? Is this related to the latest revision (which seems much slower) ... ?

Sylvia
Sylvia Caras is offline   Reply With Quote