TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-10-2012, 09:47 AM   #1
Big Deficit
Happy now?

Got the fall update...bugs still there!

Watching football yesterday. Switched between 2 recording games, switched back without pressing live TV in between and...Tivo forgot the progress again. I'm convinced that this will never be fixed. FAIL!
Old 12-10-2012, 10:05 AM   #2
compnurd

hmmm.. Never had that issue
compnurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:47 AM   #3
rainwater

It isn't a bug. It has always been that way. If you want to save progress, pause the program before switching tuners.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:33 AM   #4
cherry ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainwater View Post
It isn't a bug. It has always been that way. If you want to save progress, pause the program before switching tuners.
He's not switching tuners, he's switching between two ongoing recordings using My Shows
cherry ghost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:38 AM   #5
innocentfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
He's not switching tuners, he's switching between two ongoing recordings using My Shows
Which is the same thing since it can't record two different shows on the same tuner.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:57 AM   #6
cherry ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
Which is the same thing since it can't record two different shows on the same tuner.
I'll give an example of what's happening even when pause is used.

Two ongoing recordings, start watching first through My Shows, at some point press pause, go back to My Shows, start watching second, at some point press pause, go back to My Shows, play first recording, it starts from the beginning rather than the paused point.

This doesn't happen all the time, very hit or miss. There are many here who say it's never happened to them, but there have been a few reports scattered around.
cherry ghost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:24 PM   #7
mattack

Did you call up TiVo and report it?
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:02 PM   #8
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

It may also depend on how far into the show you are. If you're not that far in, it will "resume" at the beginning. But I don't know what the threshold point for that is...
Bierboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:08 AM   #9
Big Deficit
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
I'll give an example of what's happening even when pause is used.

Two ongoing recordings, start watching first through My Shows, at some point press pause, go back to My Shows, start watching second, at some point press pause, go back to My Shows, play first recording, it starts from the beginning rather than the paused point.

This doesn't happen all the time, very hit or miss. There are many here who say it's never happened to them, but there have been a few reports scattered around.
Bingo! This happens often on my premier regardless of how deep into the program you are. It also never happens on my HD or my long retired dual tuner DTivo. The only way I've found to avoid the BUG is to press live tv before leaving that recording for another. Forget to do that and you're likely to be back at the beginning of that show when you return. This only effects me during football season when I switch back and forth between 2 currently recording games. And yes, it's been reported to Tivo over and over, but like so many things like updating the Android app? Tivo doesn't seem to listen or care. Frustrating......