TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-06-2012, 06:14 AM   #1
tkcuisine

Update lasting more than 24 hours

My tivo premier box has been locked on a screen that says preparing the update this may take an hour or longer for over 24 hours. when i talked to the support last night they said it must be a big update and was not very helpful. anyone else had this the box is less that2 years old.
tkcuisine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:50 AM   #2
jcthorne

Its stuck. Reboot time and hope it recovers. If not, its likely a hard drive failing.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:04 AM   #3
bshrock

If you have a the Keyboard remote or Wireless adapter unplug them hopefully the boot will continue.
bshrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:23 PM   #4
HomeUser

I do not have the update yet on my Premier. I hope it does not take more then 24 hours. Try unplugging the network cable and Cable Card also. If that does not work a power cycle reboot may be needed.

Can anyone that has received the new update respond with how long it took?
Old 12-06-2012, 08:28 PM   #5
mrizzo80

30-60 minutes after Pending Restart reboot.
mrizzo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:38 PM   #6
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeUser View Post
I do not have the update yet on my Premier. I hope it does not take more then 24 hours. Try unplugging the network cable and Cable Card also. If that does not work a power cycle reboot may be needed.

Can anyone that has received the new update respond with how long it took?
It depends on which version you currently have, and how large your HDD, a 2TB HDD will take longer, there is some major database changes in the update.

Updating from 20.2.1 to 20.2.2.1 (Second Fall release) takes over 1 hour from reboot (2TB HDD)

Updating from 20.2.2 (First Fall release) to 20.2.2.1 (Second Fall release) only takes about 20 minutes from reboot (2TB HDD)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote