TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2012, 07:49 AM   #1
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista
 
photoshopgrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Boring Ohio
Posts: 3,775
Supernatural - "Citizen Fang" - 12/5/12

Well that didn't leave me crying in a corner or wanting to jump off a cliff or anything.

I'm so pissed at both brothers right now. Sam for not trusting Dean more and allowing Martin to knock him out like that and still walk out of that room. Dean for another round of "Benny is better than Sam" remarks. My heart was breaking at Sam's reaction and comment back, "it must be so nice to find someone that you can trust after all these years". I honestly think I chocked on a sob right there. Then you have the phone trick. That was just about the lowest thing he's ever done to Sam. I literally cringe thinking about how it was even premeditated. Ugh. These two just cannot stop screwing each other over. I don't know how much more I can take of this and now I get SIX WEEKS to let this fester. Do not want.

Benny. I'm annoyed that he's turned out to be decent. Only for one reason. Because just once I'd like Sam to be right. But nope, always Sam is making the wrong choice or trusting the wrong people/monsters. Dean is always right and the monster he chooses to trust is good. OF COURSE! UGH.

I know they have a plan. I know this is not forever but it really sucks. Now what, Amelia is back in the current day picture? What about Don? I swear to GOD this better not turn into some stupid love triangle because that is about the last thing this show needs. It's just not that kind of TV (and thank you for not making Don some abusive jerk that we actively rooted against, which I was kind of thinking before). And I guess that clears up the "is she real" argument as she obviously is. Is there anything "supernatural" about her or the relationship with Sam? I doubt it but could be. I honestly keep leaning toward the possibility that Sam might have been about ready to just drive until he drove off a cliff when he hit that dog. Him telling Amelia in the flashback that she saved him was so earnest, so heartfelt and seemed to have such underlying depth that my mind just goes there. I'm not sure if I love or hate that idea honestly.

I just realized as I'm typing all this. Benny is Sam's insecurity. Amelia is Dean's. Dean has always had abandonment issues and always with Sam since he left them for college. Amelia is everything normal that Dean knows Sam wanted. Ugh. Benny is the one person that hasn't failed Dean. Sam feels like his entire life is one failure after another, especially where Dean is concerned. I just cannot deal with these two right now. I'm gonna go over here and cry some more while you all give your thoughts on the episode and my post.
__________________
~Cristina~
There ain't no me if there ain't no you.
photoshopgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:26 PM   #2
robojerk
Registered User
 
robojerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Huntington Beach CA
Posts: 1,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post
Benny. I'm annoyed that he's turned out to be decent. Only for one reason. Because just once I'd like Sam to be right. But nope, always Sam is making the wrong choice or trusting the wrong people/monsters. Dean is always right and the monster he chooses to trust is good. OF COURSE! UGH.
I kind of got the feeling when in purgatory Benny didn't have the need to feed and being Dean's buddy was easy. Now that he's in the real world his desire to feed is returning. I think he wants to be good, but the monster inside of him will eventually win out. Benny killing Martin could be what completely re-awakens his inner monster, and it also ensures Sam will likely send other hunters after him, never letting him try to live a normal life. If I'm right that is..

Also the Alpha vamp said he would see us next season, so maybe Benny will hook up with him.
__________________
Cox Cable (Los Angeles)
Tivo Premiere 2 Tuner HD
robojerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:06 PM   #3
JYoung
Series 3
 
JYoung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 24,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post

I'm so pissed at both brothers right now. Sam for not trusting Dean more and allowing Martin to knock him out like that and still walk out of that room. Dean for another round of "Benny is better than Sam" remarks. My heart was breaking at Sam's reaction and comment back, "it must be so nice to find someone that you can trust after all these years". I honestly think I chocked on a sob right there. Then you have the phone trick. That was just about the lowest thing he's ever done to Sam. I literally cringe thinking about how it was even premeditated. Ugh. These two just cannot stop screwing each other over. I don't know how much more I can take of this and now I get SIX WEEKS to let this fester. Do not want.
We all have to wait six weeks.
Now you get to suffer along with the rest of us.




I agree with you that the fake text message is the lowest thing he's ever done and if I was Sam's position, it would be very difficult for me to forgive that anytime soon.

Dean is obviously lashing out at Sam and he needs to really analyze the why here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post
Benny. I'm annoyed that he's turned out to be decent. Only for one reason. Because just once I'd like Sam to be right. But nope, always Sam is making the wrong choice or trusting the wrong people/monsters. Dean is always right and the monster he chooses to trust is good. OF COURSE! UGH.
I think that deep down, Dean wants the perfect relationship with someone.
Someone who won't ever let him down, who will always have his back.

The problem is that human beings are flawed and what he wants is impossible.

Killing monsters is easy.
Relationships with humans, that's hard.



Quote:
Originally Posted by robojerk View Post
I kind of got the feeling when in purgatory Benny didn't have the need to feed and being Dean's buddy was easy. Now that he's in the real world his desire to feed is returning. I think he wants to be good, but the monster inside of him will eventually win out. Benny killing Martin could be what completely re-awakens his inner monster, and it also ensures Sam will likely send other hunters after him, never letting him try to live a normal life. If I'm right that is..
Actually, Benny explicitly said that his hunger wasn't an issue in Purgatory.
__________________
Member of the TiVoShanan Fan Club!

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:40 PM   #4
Church AV Guy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: high desert California
Posts: 2,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by robojerk View Post
I kind of got the feeling when in purgatory Benny didn't have the need to feed and being Dean's buddy was easy. Now that he's in the real world his desire to feed is returning. I think he wants to be good, but the monster inside of him will eventually win out. Benny killing Martin could be what completely re-awakens his inner monster, and it also ensures Sam will likely send other hunters after him, never letting him try to live a normal life. If I'm right that is..

Also the Alpha vamp said he would see us next season, so maybe Benny will hook up with him.
Do we KNOW that Benny killed Martin? He had put his head on the counter for Martin to behead him. Martin lunged at him with the machete. Elizabeth screams... CUT! We don't know exactly what happened after that. The only thing we DO know is that later, when Dean arrives, Elizabeth is covered in blood. I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that Benny killed him.

We'll find out in six weeks...
__________________
Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Church AV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:45 PM   #5
Michelle5150
Still in Beta
 
Michelle5150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post
Do we KNOW that Benny killed Martin? ... I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that Benny killed him.
That's what I was gonna ask. That scene confused us because it wasn't clear exactly what happened. Maybe Benny laid his head down as a ploy to get Martin away from the girl and near him, but we don't know. Sure, on the phone Dean implied that Benny had done it with his comment "He had it coming.." But I don't think we know for sure. It seemed odd that he would fight so hard against his vamp urges in that scene, just to give in to it a moment later.

Don't know if it was bad writing, or intentionally vague. But the season has been good so far, so I'm leaning toward the later.
__________________
I'm an optimist, trapped in a pessimists body.
Michelle5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:18 AM   #6
steve614
what ru lookin at?
 
steve614's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,722
Spoilered, even though it's just speculation.

Spoiler:
It will be revealed that Benny secretly "turned" Elizabeth, and it was her that killed Martin.


There is no evidence to dispute that.
__________________
The Man Prayer: I'm a man ...... I can change ...... If I have to ...... I guess.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:34 AM   #7
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista
 
photoshopgrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Boring Ohio
Posts: 3,775
sorry for the long multiquote but you know I have lots to say always on this show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robojerk View Post
Also the Alpha vamp said he would see us next season, so maybe Benny will hook up with him.
I'm sure at some point he has to make it back to the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung View Post
We all have to wait six weeks.
Now you get to suffer along with the rest of us.
Yes and you did warn me about this. And told me how lucky I was watching previous seasons all at once. This is horrible. I'm still not over this week's episode. This show consumes me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung View Post
I agree with you that the fake text message is the lowest thing he's ever done and if I was Sam's position, it would be very difficult for me to forgive that anytime soon.
But it's Dean and he's Sam so he will forgive him pretty easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung View Post
Dean is obviously lashing out at Sam and he needs to really analyze the why here. I think that deep down, Dean wants the perfect relationship with someone. Someone who won't ever let him down, who will always have his back. The problem is that human beings are flawed and what he wants is impossible.
This I disagree on. I think the problem with Dean is abandonment issues. Everyone in his life leaves him. He keeps saying "everyone lets me down" but I hear "everyone leaves me" and that's especially true of how he feels about Sam. It's always been his insecurity with Sam since the pilot. Sam left HIM to go to college. Sam is always the one to walk away in a fight. Sam wants a normal life which means in Dean's head that Sam doesn't want to be with him. Then he comes back from purgatory and finds Sam didn't look for him, got with a girl and had a normal life. Then the emails about college. Yeah his old insecurity is screaming. That's why he's hitting so low. He's pushing Sam away without even realizing it because he's scared Sam will leave him anyhow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post
Do we KNOW that Benny killed Martin? He had put his head on the counter for Martin to behead him. Martin lunged at him with the machete. Elizabeth screams... CUT! We don't know exactly what happened after that. The only thing we DO know is that later, when Dean arrives, Elizabeth is covered in blood. I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that Benny killed him.
We'll find out in six weeks...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle5150 View Post
That's what I was gonna ask. That scene confused us because it wasn't clear exactly what happened. Maybe Benny laid his head down as a ploy to get Martin away from the girl and near him, but we don't know. Sure, on the phone Dean implied that Benny had done it with his comment "He had it coming.." But I don't think we know for sure. It seemed odd that he would fight so hard against his vamp urges in that scene, just to give in to it a moment later.

Don't know if it was bad writing, or intentionally vague. But the season has been good so far, so I'm leaning toward the later.
I think it's pretty clear it was Benny. Look at the screenshot. His throat is a mess.



Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
Spoilered, even though it's just speculation.

Spoiler:
It will be revealed that Benny secretly "turned" Elizabeth, and it was her that killed Martin.


There is no evidence to dispute that.
Ha! I don't think that will happen.
__________________
~Cristina~
There ain't no me if there ain't no you.
photoshopgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:41 PM   #8
Peter000
Registered User
 
Peter000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Red Wing, MN
Posts: 18,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
Spoilered, even though it's just speculation.

Spoiler:
It will be revealed that Benny secretly "turned" Elizabeth, and it was her that killed Martin.


There is no evidence to dispute that.
I was SO sure that Elizabeth was a vampire, and it was her who was doing the killin'.
Peter000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:38 PM   #9
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!
 
Rob Helmerichs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 31,845
One thing that amused me is how the stock footage they used for the Louisiana establishing shots were of such higher quality than the show's usual cinematography.
__________________
“You know, this badge means something.”
“You made it at Kinko's.”
Rob Helmerichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:32 AM   #10
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista
 
photoshopgrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Boring Ohio
Posts: 3,775
I don't know where to put this but I had to share because it's hilarious.

So what is Supernatural about…


__________________
~Cristina~
There ain't no me if there ain't no you.
photoshopgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:53 AM   #11
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!
 
Rob Helmerichs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 31,845
Yeah, that just about sums it up...
__________________
“You know, this badge means something.”
“You made it at Kinko's.”
Rob Helmerichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:43 PM   #12
JYoung
Series 3
 
JYoung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 24,799
Sounds about right to me.


__________________
Member of the TiVoShanan Fan Club!

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:31 PM   #13
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista
 
photoshopgrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Boring Ohio
Posts: 3,775
Okay who wants to loan me a few dollars?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/281044361749
__________________
~Cristina~
There ain't no me if there ain't no you.
photoshopgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:31 PM   #14
JYoung
Series 3
 
JYoung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 24,799
Does Jensen come with the car?
__________________
Member of the TiVoShanan Fan Club!

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:16 PM   #15
steve614
what ru lookin at?
 
steve614's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,722
Who would want THAT car?

Haven't you seen the sh*t it's been through?!??


__________________
The Man Prayer: I'm a man ...... I can change ...... If I have to ...... I guess.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:33 PM   #16
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!
 
Rob Helmerichs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 31,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
Who would want THAT car?

Haven't you seen the sh*t it's been through?!??

Plus who knows what demons might be living inside it?
__________________
“You know, this badge means something.”
“You made it at Kinko's.”
Rob Helmerichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:03 AM   #17
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista
 
photoshopgrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Boring Ohio
Posts: 3,775
Haha! I asked the guy why he was selling it and he said he's making another one so he needs the funds.
__________________
~Cristina~
There ain't no me if there ain't no you.
photoshopgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVo® is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13 AM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |