TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-06-2012, 03:30 AM   #1
WorldBandRadio

I lost control of a tuner...

I just noticed that one of the two red recording lights was on. Curious, I looked at the ToDo and Now Playing lists. neither one showed that anything should be recording. Yet the red LED is showing on the front panel.

Then I went to watching live TV and I noticed that I could only affect one tuner, the other tuner seemed to be stuck on TVLand. I could not change that tuner away from TVLand.

Why was the TiVo recording something that I did not ask it to record?

Why was I unable to stop that recording when I wanted to use both tuners for my own purposes?

What in the world has happened to my TiVo? Has it developed a mind of its own, a mind that is against me, a mind that is set upon world domination?
WorldBandRadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:35 AM   #2
steve614
what ru lookin at?

At what time of day did this happen?

The most likely cause: your Tivo is recording the Teleworld Paid Program.
This is the method TiVo uses to get star ads/videos on the DVR. It is recorded "behind the scenes" to reserved space
so that's why you never see it.

Do a title search for Teleworld Paid Program. When you find it, you will notice that it is set to "Record as Planned".
You can cancel the recording from there.

BTW, if you catch your Tivo in the process of recording this, don't try and change the channel. The Tivo will just switch to a unused tuner.
IIRC, if you press the Record button you should get a notice that the program is already recording and should give you an option to stop the recording in progress.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:05 AM   #3
danterner
Not it!

There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. We can roll the image; make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. We repeat: there is nothing wrong with your television set. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to the outer limits.

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:56 AM   #4
WorldBandRadio

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
At what time of day did this happen?
About 4:30am.

It was, as you noted, the Teleworld Paid Program.

thx.
WorldBandRadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:28 PM   #5
danterner
Not it!

Or, it could be that.

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote