TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2012, 08:15 AM   #1
Alfer
WOOSAH!
 
Alfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Melmac
Posts: 30,542
The Office: 11-15-2012 **Spoilers**

Well it looks like a lot of time bombs about to go off next episode.

Poor Jim, I knew the minute they we talking all snarky to him on the phone call that he was out and will lose all his $$$.
__________________
<a href="http://chataboutyou.com/online-forum-bully">Are you a forum bully?</a>
Alfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:05 AM   #2
DougF
Registered User
 
DougF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 13,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfer View Post
...Poor Jim, I knew the minute they we talking all snarky to him on the phone call that he was out and will lose all his $$$.
Spoiler:

I don't think that's it. I think that's the exit strategy for Jim and Pam. John and Jenna are only signed for a limited number of episodes this year, IIRC. Me thinks the Halperts will be moving soon.

DougF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:08 AM   #3
KungFuCow
Thread Killer
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougF View Post
Spoiler:

I don't think that's it. I think that's the exit strategy for Jim and Pam. John and Jenna are only signed for a limited number of episodes this year, IIRC. Me thinks the Halperts will be moving soon.
I concur
KungFuCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:16 AM   #4
Alfer
WOOSAH!
 
Alfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Melmac
Posts: 30,542
Hmm. I didn't realize that.

Note this is a spoiler thread so no need to hide stuff.
__________________
<a href="http://chataboutyou.com/online-forum-bully">Are you a forum bully?</a>
Alfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:17 AM   #5
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils
 
DevdogAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 37,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfer View Post
Well it looks like a lot of time bombs about to go off next episode.

Poor Jim, I knew the minute they we talking all snarky to him on the phone call that he was out and will lose all his $$$.
That was just supremely stupid overall. First, Jim would never take a personal call for a different job at his desk in the middle of the office. He could have found a quiet place in a hallway, the bathroom, sitting in his car. It was totally ridiculous that they're threatening to kick Jim out of the company because he can't find a quiet place to talk on the phone.

Pretty savvy how Dwight figured out that giving Jan a young new assistant might actually win the account.
__________________
"You don't own a TV? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribbiani
DevdogAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:18 AM   #6
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils
 
DevdogAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 37,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfer View Post
Hmm. I didn't realize that.

Note this is a spoiler thread so no need to hide stuff.
This is a spoiler thread about stuff that's happened in the show up to and including this episode. The information spoiled above is from an outside source and not something that's happened within the episodes that have aired to date, so it's definitely something that should be spoilered.
__________________
"You don't own a TV? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribbiani
DevdogAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:43 AM   #7
tiams
Registered User
 
tiams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfer View Post
Hmm. I didn't realize that.

Note this is a spoiler thread so no need to hide stuff.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
This is a spoiler thread about stuff that's happened in the show up to and including this episode. The information spoiled above is from an outside source and not something that's happened within the episodes that have aired to date, so it's definitely something that should be spoilered.

I was just going to say that.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:58 AM   #8
KRS
Mmm...invisible cola
 
KRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Franklin, MA
Posts: 5,950
Jim's phone call issues were stupid. Anyone who has to make a personal call in an office environment knows that you find an empty conference room, stairwell, or worst case, sit in your car.

Jan's shellshocked assistant was funny.

Dwight's "listening face" was great.

The stuff about the moustache/mouth looking like an eyebrow/eye socket was amusing.

Andy on the boat and dropping everything in the water felt forced and unfunny.


The show still has its moments, but it is getting a bit tiresome.
__________________
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-
O RLY?

360: Bees Tea Boys
Wii: 6028 2014 9605 5661
KRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:24 PM   #9
getbak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 1,532
"I used to watch Pulp Fiction and laugh, but now I think, 'The Gimp is somebody's son'."
__________________
When you do this without getting punched, you'll have more fun.
getbak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:57 PM   #10
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils
 
DevdogAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 37,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS View Post
Andy on the boat and dropping everything in the water felt forced and unfunny.
Totally agree about this. That cold open scene was ridiculous. They tend to make Andy be as smart or as stupid or as incompetent as the plot demands. That's horrible writing.
__________________
"You don't own a TV? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribbiani
DevdogAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:59 PM   #11
rahnbo
Registered User
 
rahnbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
Totally agree about this. That cold open scene was ridiculous. They tend to make Andy be as smart or as stupid or as incompetent as the plot demands. That's horrible writing.
Me too. Felt like a bad SNL skit.
rahnbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:00 AM   #12
JLucPicard
Registered User
 
JLucPicard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: West St. Paul - Viking Country
Posts: 3,335
TC CLUB MEMBER
Are those kind of Andy scenes things they do because Helms is out filming a movie or something? Those seem so unfunny/not entertaining for them to be doing if he is right there and available like the rest of the cast. Although at this point, they're winding down and I don't put much stock into how well they do some things or not. Just riding out the wave until the end, I guess. The show does seem like a shell of it's former self, and far fewer items that rate with some of the better things they've done.

An example of night and day for me - this week with Dwigt learning to sell to women versus last week with Dwigt on the radio show. Gastly versus great.
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:48 AM   #13
lambertman
I'm a man, I'm 40
 
lambertman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 2,866
It's really hard to remember how wonderful this show used to be.
__________________
"People should get beat up for stating their beliefs" - TMBG

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and elsewhere
Play-by-play announcer at .... let me get back to you
lambertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:56 AM   #14
Satchel
Registered User
 
Satchel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 16,491
I'm hoping that's the last we'll see of Andy.

Jim and Pam need to go. The whole sports marketing storyline is getting old. His character plays too stupid sometimes.
Satchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:58 AM   #15
markymark_ctown
Registered User
 
markymark_ctown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: C-Town
Posts: 6,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLucPicard View Post
Are those kind of Andy scenes things they do because Helms is out filming a movie or something? Those seem so unfunny/not entertaining for them to be doing if he is right there and available like the rest of the cast. Although at this point, they're winding down and I don't put much stock into how well they do some things or not. Just riding out the wave until the end, I guess. The show does seem like a shell of it's former self, and far fewer items that rate with some of the better things they've done.

An example of night and day for me - this week with Dwigt learning to sell to women versus last week with Dwigt on the radio show. Gastly versus great.
yes....the andy scene was weak. he may be off filming hangover 3, no?
markymark_ctown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:24 PM   #16
DougF
Registered User
 
DougF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 13,736
The third Hangover movie is shooting right now.
DougF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:37 PM   #17
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: North of Boston
Posts: 6,997
I sort of feel bad for Angela.
__________________
A passing grade? Like a C? Why don't I just get pregnant at a bus station!
aadam101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:09 PM   #18
rahnbo
Registered User
 
rahnbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 724
On a positive note I've actually been enjoying the Mindy Project. I really disliked her character on The Office and thought I'd hate that show but there is something surprisingly enjoyable about MP.
rahnbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:16 PM   #19
Jesda
CAPTAIN AWESOME
 
Jesda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: The Middle
Posts: 12,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahnbo View Post
On a positive note I've actually been enjoying the Mindy Project. I really disliked her character on The Office and thought I'd hate that show but there is something surprisingly enjoyable about MP.
Same here. I expected to hate it, but TMP is oddly charming, like a more serious 30 Rock.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


My blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jesda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:13 PM   #20
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: North of Boston
Posts: 6,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahnbo View Post
On a positive note I've actually been enjoying the Mindy Project. I really disliked her character on The Office and thought I'd hate that show but there is something surprisingly enjoyable about MP.
I think you were supposed to dislike Kelly. Most people don't want to work with someone like that.....yet so many do.

I can't decide how I feel about MP. I'm still watching and hoping to really like it at some point.
__________________
A passing grade? Like a C? Why don't I just get pregnant at a bus station!
aadam101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:38 AM   #21
TonyD79
Registered User
 
TonyD79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Columbia, MD
Posts: 4,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS View Post
Jim's phone call issues were stupid. Anyone who has to make a personal call in an office environment knows that you find an empty conference room, stairwell, or worst case, sit in your car.

Jan's shellshocked assistant was funny.

Dwight's "listening face" was great.

The stuff about the moustache/mouth looking like an eyebrow/eye socket was amusing.

Andy on the boat and dropping everything in the water felt forced and unfunny.

The show still has its moments, but it is getting a bit tiresome.
Actually, as he WORKS on the phone a lot, he should expect some privacy. Why would he think that because the call was personal he would suddenly be in a noisy environment.

As for the parking lot thing. That happened to me. I was at dinner when a conference call was setup immediately. Two of us were out in a business dinner. The place was noisy so we went outside (it was a mall and usually the quietest place is the parking lot). Not that night. We had three motorcyclists who decided to sit and rev their engines. It was funny then and funny for Jim.
__________________
Tony D
TonyD79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:10 AM   #22
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 14,576
I feel like the dwight storylines are carrying this show a bit too much, but at least I am amused by them!

My wife and I watch the mindy project too. I don't think she's a strong actress but we enjoy it. The opening music is certainly the most ridiculous and strange that I've ever heard on any TV show.
TAsunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:58 PM   #23
aindik
Registered User
 
aindik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 27,981
Didn't comment on this at the time, but did anyone else think it was very odd not to mention Michael at all with all the scenes with Jan in them? It's like they rewrote the story of her demise to cut him out of it.
aindik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:39 PM   #24
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: North of Boston
Posts: 6,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by aindik View Post
Didn't comment on this at the time, but did anyone else think it was very odd not to mention Michael at all with all the scenes with Jan in them? It's like they rewrote the story of her demise to cut him out of it.
I had no interest in Jan without Michael around. I also don't recall Pam disliking Jan so much.
__________________
A passing grade? Like a C? Why don't I just get pregnant at a bus station!
aadam101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:14 AM   #25
Jesda
CAPTAIN AWESOME
 
Jesda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: The Middle
Posts: 12,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAsunder View Post
I feel like the dwight storylines are carrying this show a bit too much, but at least I am amused by them!

My wife and I watch the mindy project too. I don't think she's a strong actress but we enjoy it. The opening music is certainly the most ridiculous and strange that I've ever heard on any TV show.
I dont like that she's trying to portray herself as cool and reasonable in a sea of insanity. It's hard to believe.

I like the rest of the cast, however, so I keep watching.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


My blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jesda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:45 AM   #26
Test
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by aindik View Post
Didn't comment on this at the time, but did anyone else think it was very odd not to mention Michael at all with all the scenes with Jan in them? It's like they rewrote the story of her demise to cut him out of it.
Jan is dead?
__________________
.
Test is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:47 AM   #27
aindik
Registered User
 
aindik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 27,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Test View Post
Jan is dead?
The demise of her Dunder Mifflin career.

They showed actual flashbacks of those episodes but made sure not to show Michael in any of them. He was conspicuous by his absence.
aindik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:59 AM   #28
Test
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,433
Thought I missed an episode or wasn't following one close enough.
__________________
.
Test is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:08 PM   #29
rifleman69
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Oregon
Posts: 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by aadam101 View Post
I also don't recall Pam disliking Jan so much.
Might want to watch the dinner party episode again.
rifleman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 AM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |