Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-18-2012, 05:44 PM   #31
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post

If you're about to face impeachment hearings, I would think bombing a country out of the blue (was it a nuke?) would be the worst thing you could do. It would show people that they need to get rid of you quickly. Unless the VP was..... well I won't mention any names.
I think the thought process is that you don't switch presidents in the middle of a war, and many presidents have seen a spike in their approval ratings at the beginning of a war. The hope then is that the impeachment stuff would be pushed to the back burner and be forgotten by the time the stuff with Pakistan is over.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:52 PM   #32
astrohip
Stuart F

I recall reading, at the time of the cancellation announcement, that they had two episodes left to film. I read so many TV sites (really really gotta get a life) that there is no way to recall where I read that.

But I could be wrong. It would be the first time ever, but I suppose it's possible.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:10 PM   #33
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
But I could be wrong. It would be the first time ever, but I suppose it's possible.
You're forgetting that time in '97...
Old 11-18-2012, 06:20 PM   #34
danterner
Not it!

Was there some sexual tension between the SEAL and the Lieutenant that I missed? I thought his relationship was with the bartender. In this episode they defuse a bomb together and suddenly go all From Here to Eternity with each other.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Twitter:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:12 PM   #35
rahnbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
That doesn't mean there will be an actual wrap-up, however.

I would be a little surprised if there were, depending on where they are in production. They've probably already wrapped for the season, but it's possible there's still time to re-write (if they haven't) or tack on a new ending (if they have).

But I have a feeling what he is referring to there is an existing plan to end the season with a "no-holds barred kick-ass ending" that was designed to set up the second season.
No idea. Would not be surprised if we're all here in a few months saying, "THAT was the kick-ass ending?!?"
rahnbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:57 PM   #36
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
Was there some sexual tension between the SEAL and the Lieutenant that I missed? I thought his relationship was with the bartender. In this episode they defuse a bomb together and suddenly go all From Here to Eternity with each other.
Yeah, I thought it came out of nowhere, as well. It was part of the reason I said this ep seemed like a jumbled mess of stories that didn't all fit together or make sense.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:28 PM   #37
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
I think the thought process is that you don't switch presidents in the middle of a war, and many presidents have seen a spike in their approval ratings at the beginning of a war. The hope then is that the impeachment stuff would be pushed to the back burner and be forgotten by the time the stuff with Pakistan is over.

Wag The Dog
You need to upgrade your Flash Player

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wag_the_Dog
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:40 AM   #38
newsposter
Poster of News

i dont understand the cruise missle threat line against the bad man...how do you use a missle against the island where you yourself reside?

!

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:59 AM   #39
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsposter View Post
i dont understand the cruise missle threat line against the bad man...how do you use a missle against the island where you yourself reside?
A cruise missile is not necessarily a nuke. I think the Captain's point was that "I've got stuff you have no defense against."

That, and "my dick is bigger than yours."

"of course, you are 100% correct" --

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --

busyba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:51 AM   #40
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Cut the red wire! IT'S ALWAYS THE RED WIRE!

Never before has a recurring character needed killin' as much as Serat.
UVerse and OTA

Old 11-19-2012, 03:06 PM   #41
stellie93

Quote:
That would work when you go to war because you are attacked. I never heard any mention of a reason for the attack on Pakistan.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:03 PM   #42
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
Quote:
Yeah, I thought it came out of nowhere, as well. It was part of the reason I said this ep seemed like a jumbled mess of stories that didn't all fit together or make sense.
There was a touch of it when she walked in on him in the shower in the back of the bar but it's definitely insufficient build up for the scene on the beach.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:40 PM   #43
robojerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post
Never before has a recurring character needed killin' as much as Serat.
Things that Serat has done, and the Captain knows about, but has gotten a pass on.
  • Captured 3 of the crew, some abuse had taken place.
  • Killed a crew member
  • Helped a hostile military unit on the island
  • Drugged the water so that the entire population on the island would hallucinate, pass out.
  • Had one of his men strap a bomb on a crew member
Yet somehow he still lives. At the very least Serat, and some of his men should be captured. They have a damn submarine, they could build an offshore prison 40 miles off the coast and drop serat and his men on it to keep them prisoner. Anything is better than what the Captain has done which is nothing.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:27 PM   #44
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

And as I've said before, whatever the consequences of Serrat's death, they can't be as bad as the consequences of his existence. The captain has proven himself to be a weak and ineffective leader.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:33 PM   #45
dtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahnbo View Post
Well we won't have to suffer much longer as its been cancelled.
Darn it, I chose this show over Revolution. I now have nothing to watch.
dtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:41 PM   #46
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtle View Post
Darn it, I chose this show over Revolution. I now have nothing to watch.
I chose them both. And have nothing to watch either.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:25 AM   #47
newsposter
Poster of News

i do like that the pic of the aide was shown on live tv...hopefully some real drama will ensue and the olivia from scandal makes a guest appearance

!

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:40 PM   #48
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post

That would work when you go to war because you are attacked. I never heard any mention of a reason for the attack on Pakistan.
We haven't seen a reason for the attack because we're largely being kept in the dark about what's going on in DC, but you can be sure that the administration has cooked up a valid reason for the attack and made it seem that the attack was necessary.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:57 PM   #49
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
We haven't seen a reason for the attack because we're largely being kept in the dark about what's going on in DC, but you can be sure that the administration has cooked up a valid reason for the attack and made it seem that the attack was necessary.
We saw a scene where the fivehead girl watched an administration official (SecDef?) giving a press-conference on TV where he kinda-sorta explained the administration's position on why they nuked Pakistan.

I forget the details, except that he said it was a pre-emptive strike.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:33 PM   #50
rahnbo

Captain Marcus Chaplin will finally sell a car gaining his father's approval. Scott Bakula will take command of the sub, make friends with the Aquatics and prevent a space laser from splitting Florida in half.
rahnbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:26 PM   #51
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

XO will wake up in his bunk.

It was all a dream.
UVerse and OTA

Old 11-20-2012, 10:46 PM   #52
brianric

Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post
XO will wake up in his bunk.

It was all a dream.
Reminds me of the ending of Bob Newhart's second series Newhart, by far the best ending I've ever seen on television.
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:41 PM   #53
astrohip
Stuart F

http://tvline.com/2012/11/21/last-re...nale-spoilers/

Quote:
Last Resort and 666 Park Avenue will not leave viewers hanging. Despite ABC pulling the plug on the freshman dramas last week, the brains behind both shows tell TVLine that they were given enough time to turn their respective swan songs into series finales. “We have time to tweak,” confirms Last Resort creator Shawn Ryan, adding that Episode 13 will indeed function as a full-fledged series finale.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:54 AM   #54
kettledrum

Hmm, this show must have officially died on here, no thread at all for the latest episode.
kettledrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:20 PM   #55
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kettledrum View Post
Hmm, this show must have officially died on here, no thread at all for the latest episode.
Feel free.....
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:31 PM   #56
appleye1

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyba View Post
We saw a scene where the fivehead girl watched an administration official (SecDef?) giving a press-conference on TV where he kinda-sorta explained the administration's position on why they nuked Pakistan.

I forget the details, except that he said it was a pre-emptive strike.
Something about Pakistan building or giving suitcase nukes to terrorists right?

I Cut The Cord! 02/11 (OTA Hulu+ Netflix)
TiVo user since 12/99
Yamms:

appleye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:49 PM   #57
busyba
The Funcooker

I don't recall the details

Old 12-04-2012, 12:09 PM   #58
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

I only remember someone saying about how the administration's policy had shifted to "preemptive nuclear strikes" which had lots of negative ramifications.