TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-03-2012, 08:16 AM   #31
Timbeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
But Pope has made it clear that he can't be killed without fatal repercussions, and Jax has made it clear that he believes him.
So if Jax is going to orchestrate Pope's killing, he'll want to work it so one of his enemies does it or is thought to do it. Clay perhaps? Or, more likely in my mind, the CIA/Cartel group?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-- visionary
Timbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:11 AM   #32
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

If Jax could pin Pope's death on the CIA/Cartel group... that would be some awesome TV. And those groups would have a helluva battle.
uncdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:15 AM   #33
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbeau View Post
So if Jax is going to orchestrate Pope's killing, he'll want to work it so one of his enemies does it or is thought to do it. Clay perhaps? Or, more likely in my mind, the CIA/Cartel group?
But Pope isn't on the CIA/Cartel's radar and SAMCRO has been burning its friends all season. Why would anybody help Jax so suddenly right now? Maybe they writers will make Pope temporarily stupid and agree to meet Jax, unarmed, in a dark secluded alley without telling anybody where he was going. That's the only way I see Jax's beef with Pope getting resolved tomorrow night.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:14 AM   #34
dimented
Comfortably Numb

Well, the cartel/CIA guys and Pope know of each other. When they showed up at the gun deal in the last episode the CIA guy said that Pope had told him Clay was out of the club and they came because they worried their would be problems. So, it is not far from belief that something could happen between them and Pope.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:15 AM   #35
Timbeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
But Pope isn't on the CIA/Cartel's radar and SAMCRO has been burning its friends all season. Why would anybody help Jax so suddenly right now?
Yeah, I can't see anyone helping SAMCRO willingly since they'll have to take the heat from Pope's organization. I was thinking more of the result of a maneuver on Jax's part.

Or perhaps Gemma will leave with Clay (YAY a two-fer!) and Nero will off Pope as a way of committing grief induced suicide.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-- visionary
Timbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:33 AM   #36
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Or it could be just pure luck...as I said, there are certainly enough people wanting to throw bullets around at enough other people that Pope could just end up being collateral damage.

And since we've seen no sign of Jax manipulating events to that end, I suspect (sadly) that might be the direction they're headed...
Old 12-03-2012, 10:44 AM   #37
goblue97
Hoke-amania

Maybe Tig will kill Pope and then Jax will attempt to kill Tig to save face in front of Pope's #2 guy.
goblue97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:02 AM   #38
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

I don't see Tig leaving the show...he's too...interesting dramatically. Which is one reason why I think (story-wise) Pope has to die, and soon. Because really, it's down to him or Tig at this point.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:48 AM   #39
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
I don't see Tig leaving the show...he's too...interesting dramatically. Which is one reason why I think (story-wise) Pope has to die, and soon. Because really, it's down to him or Tig at this point.
...and the way TV goes, it seems like Pope is a character that will die. Something about it doesn't make me think he's around for long.
uncdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:53 AM   #40
goblue97
Hoke-amania

I don't think Tig dies in my scenario. He just gets shot at and possibly hit but not fatal. This is all just a reach anyway.
goblue97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:00 PM   #41
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncdrew View Post
...and the way TV goes, it seems like Pope is a character that will die. Something about it doesn't make me think he's around for long.
Do the season bad guys ever survive into the next season? (And by survive, I mean stay in the cast, not necessarily get killed off.) It seems to me they always resolve whatever the main conflict is by the end of the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goblue97 View Post
I don't think Tig dies in my scenario. He just gets shot at and possibly hit but not fatal. This is all just a reach anyway.
The problem with that is, it wouldn't soothe Pope's people.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:02 PM   #42
dimented
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncdrew View Post

Could be a slight spoiler in regards to Pope.

Spoiler:
Considering Pope is one of the main characters on the new show Wedding Band on TBS, I would agree. I don't think he is around long.