TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-01-2012, 08:29 AM   #4501
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjonny View Post
It feels like you just skimmed my question and threw out something each time, or i horribly wrote my questions because your responses seem off the mark. Perhaps i did horribly write them, in which case i can provide more description, but i think hercules understood exactly what i was/am looking for.
Don't blame yourself, this is what ThAbtO always does.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:28 PM   #4502
lew

A heads up. The newest version of ffmpeg (1.0) doesn't work with (at least some) of the present encoding profiles.

It also doesn't seem to work well with pyTivo pushes.
lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:57 PM   #4503
Hercules67
TiVo addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
Does that folder exist on that drive or is that an error?
The folder exists, yes.
Hercules67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:13 PM   #4504
Hercules67
TiVo addict

Quote:
Quote:
I am getting this error message:
Are you getting that error with every file, or just that file? If the latter, my first guess would be the quote marks might be giving you problems.
Not with every file, NO. Right now, only "Once upon a Time" video files are doing it, and not all of them. I've fallen behind on the show and was trying to process it and catch-up over the holidays.

Person of Interest which I was also processing, did not act-up at all.

Quote:
Quote:
Am I in too old of a version of KMTTG and the TiVO software has changed?
No, why would you think that?
Because I am on version v08p of KMTTG, and I think TiVo software has changed, so maybe I missed something?

I have now updated to the latest KMTTG version.

------------------------------------------------------------

I had seen something on page 103 of this forum about the quotation marks, but I did not understand it. I am not sure HOW they got in there... (I mean the Quotation Marks).
Old 12-01-2012, 05:22 PM   #4505
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules67 View Post
The folder exists, yes.
After re-examining your msg on the path, file. I see double quotes("), can you try again without them?

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:29 PM   #4506
moyekj

Quote:
I am getting this error message:

Quote:
Failed to generate metadata file: I:\VIDEO\KMTTG Videos\1 mpg Output Directory\Once Upon a Time - ''Tallahassee'' (Recorded Nov 4, 2012, WAAY).mpg.txt
Exit code: 8
create metadata file: Permission denied
Encryption by QUALCOMM ; )
Am I in too old of a version of KMTTG and the TiVO software has changed?
The quotation marks should not be there in file name. Did you intentionally rename the file to add them? kmttg would strip them out when making its own name so you must be starting with existing file in FILES mode. Also "1 mpg Output Directory" seems like a funny name, is that intentional as well?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:38 PM   #4507
lrhorer

Quote:
Not with every file, NO. Right now, only "Once upon a Time" video files are doing it, and not all of them.
Then you need to single out what is different about the ones that are failing and why this difference would prevent you from creating the file or writing to it. Does the file get created? If so, is it zero length?

Quote:
Because I am on version v08p of KMTTG, and I think TiVo software has changed, so maybe I missed something?
TTG is just standard SHTML, and so no, it hasn't changed. RPC has, but that should not effect TTG. I suppose the naming scheme might have changed, but I can't imagine why.

Quote:
I have now updated to the latest KMTTG version.
I don't expect that will help.

Quote:
I had seen something on page 103 of this forum about the quotation marks, but I did not understand it. I am not sure HOW they got in there... (I mean the Quotation Marks).
Have you inspected the name of the shows on the TiVo from the NPL? Have you inspected them via a web browser?
lrhorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:40 PM   #4508
lrhorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lew View Post
A heads up. The newest version of ffmpeg (1.0) doesn't work with (at least some) of the present encoding profiles.

Details would be helpful.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:48 PM   #4509
species8472jj

Windows Service

I have been using this software for some time now (as well as the windows service).

I am using the v0p9b on a Windows 7 machine.

For the longest time, the service has been working fine. However all of a sudden, I noticed my programs were not transferring. I indicated that the service was stopped, so I went into the "Computer Management" window to restart the service.

When I try to start the service, I get the following error...
"Windows could not start the KTTMG on Local Computer. For more information, review the system event log. If this is a non Windows service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 2".

I've tried reinstalling the service and made sure to put in the account log in information as mentioned in the kttmg instructions.

The event Window displays the following...

The service terminated with a service - specific error. The system cannot find the file specified...

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Service Control Manager
[ Guid] {555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}
[ EventSourceName] Service Control Manager

- EventID 7024

[ Qualifiers] 49152

Version 0

Level 2

Task 0

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8080000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2012-12-02T00:42:58.297521500Z

EventRecordID 104353

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 936
[ ThreadID] 5836

Channel System

Computer Jim

Security

- EventData

param1 kmttg
param2 %%2

Any insight on how to correct this would be appreciated.
species8472jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:55 PM   #4510
cherry ghost

Quote:

I haven't had a problem with pyTiVo pushes.

Here's the encode profile I'm using

Code:
# Description (single line, keep short)
<description>
mpeg4 container, res x=1280 h.264 video, copy audio (ac3), 48KHz/160Kbps 2 chan aac audio

# Encode command or script (single line)
# Known keywords: FFMPEG, HANDBRAKE, MENCODER, PERL, INPUT, OUTPUT, PWD, CPU_CORES, SRTFILE
<command>
FFMPEG -y -i INPUT -threads CPU_CORES -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -map 0:1 -c:v libx264 -level 41 -subq 6 -me_range 16 -qmin 10 -qmax 50 -g 300 -s 1280x720 -r 29.97 -b:v 2500k -c:a:0 copy -f mp4 -c:a:1 libvo_aacenc -ac 2 -ab 160k -ar 48000 -f mp4 OUTPUT

# Encoded output file extension
<extension>
mp4

cherry ghost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:13 AM   #4511
lew

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
I haven't had a problem with pyTiVo pushes.
I've gone back to the older version of ffmpeg.

For those who've asked attached is the media data from a video which pushes find with pyTivo using the older version of ffmpeg but not with 1.0
Attached Files
File Type: txt push.txt (2.8 KB, 9 views)
Old 12-02-2012, 09:22 AM   #4512
species8472jj

Windows Service: SOLVED

Quote:
Originally Posted by species8472jj View Post
I have been using this software for some time now (as well as the windows service).

I am using the v0p9b on a Windows 7 machine.

For the longest time, the service has been working fine. However all of a sudden, I noticed my programs were not transferring. I indicated that the service was stopped, so I went into the "Computer Management" window to restart the service.

When I try to start the service, I get the following error...
"Windows could not start the KTTMG on Local Computer. For more information, review the system event log. If this is a non Windows service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 2".

I've tried reinstalling the service and made sure to put in the account log in information as mentioned in the kttmg instructions.

The event Window displays the following...

The service terminated with a service - specific error. The system cannot find the file specified...

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Service Control Manager
[ Guid] {555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}
[ EventSourceName] Service Control Manager

- EventID 7024

[ Qualifiers] 49152

Version 0

Level 2

Task 0

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8080000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2012-12-02T00:42:58.297521500Z

EventRecordID 104353

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 936
[ ThreadID] 5836

Channel System

Computer Jim

Security

- EventData

param1 kmttg
param2 %%2

Any insight on how to correct this would be appreciated.
I figured this out. When I installed Java, I installed the 64-bit version. A couple days ago, I got a message that a new version of Java was available, so I installed it. I assumed that was a newer version of the 64-bit version that I already had.

Well...it wasn't. I was the 32-bit version, so I had Java installed twice on my PC (one 32-bit version and one 64-bit version). I removed the 32-bit version and upgraded the 64-bit version, and the service started properly.

If you're using the 64-bit version Java and get an alert for an update, I would suggest doing it manually since the alert I got installed the wrong version causing this problem.
species8472jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:04 AM   #4513
moyekj

Quote:
A heads up. The newest version of ffmpeg (1.0) doesn't work with (at least some) of the present encoding profiles
FYI, I updated kmttg profiles so that they are compatible with both newest ffmpeg and the kmttg packaged version of ffmpeg. Most of the changes were replacing -sameq with -qscale 1 and adding -strict -2 for any profile using aac audio. The updates will be part of next release. From my brief experimentation seemed to me like newer ffmpeg was slower in general.

Last edited by moyekj : 12-02-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:19 PM   #4514
Hercules67
TiVo addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
The quotation marks should not be there in file name. Did you intentionally rename the file to add them? kmttg would strip them out when making its own name so you must be starting with existing file in FILES mode. Also "1 mpg Output Directory" seems like a funny name, is that intentional as well?
I am not sure how the Quotation marks are getting in there. My current naming scheme is this:

Quote:
[mainTitle] - [EpisodeNumber] - [year] - [episodeTitle]
Somehow though, it is not being adhered to. I don't know why. What should the naming scheme be?

I created the following directories:
Quote:
C:\KMTTG
I:\VIDEO\KMTTG Videos
I:\VIDEO\KMTTG Videos\1 mpg Output Directory
I:\VIDEO\KMTTG Videos\2 mpg Cut Directory
I:\VIDEO\KMTTG Videos\3 Encoded Files Output Directory
to match the directory structure. Is that structure wrong?
Old 12-02-2012, 02:31 PM   #4515
lrhorer

Quote:
I am not sure how the Quotation marks are getting in there. My current naming scheme is this:
You didn't answer my questions above. Have you inspected the names on the TiVo?

Quote:
Somehow though, it is not being adhered to. I don't know why.
That is not evident, one way or the other.

Quote:
What should the naming scheme be?
Anything you like - just don't put in \. /, *, ?, ", ', [, ], or &.

Quote:
to match the directory structure. Is that structure wrong?
No, just a little odd looking.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:14 PM   #4516
Hercules67
TiVo addict

Quote:
Quote:
You didn't answer my questions above. Have you inspected the names on the TiVo?
The files on the TiVo do not have the quotation marks, OF COURSE, but these files were from the Hard Drive, so that where I might have went wrong. TiVoToGo had already downloaded them, so I was processing them from there, and they did have quotation marks there. Is that the problem.

I re-processed a file this afternoon, BTW, without a problem.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:18 PM   #4517
moyekj

Quote:
TiVoToGo had already downloaded them, so I was processing them from there, and they did have quotation marks there. Is that the problem.
You mean TiVo Desktop. Yes you should rename without any special characters such as quotations if you want to use them with kmttg. Better yet, just download with kmttg and you won't have file name issues to start with.

Old 12-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #4518
Hercules67
TiVo addict

Quote:
You mean TiVo Desktop. Yes you should rename without any special characters such as quotations if you want to use them with kmttg. Better yet, just download with kmttg and you won't have file name issues to start with.
You're right, TiVo Desktop.

I had been having trouble downloading with KMTTG, that's why I did that.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:40 PM   #4519
lew

[quote=moyekj;9404993]FYI, I was to update profiles so that they are compatible with both newest ffmpeg and the kmttg packaged version of ffmpeg. Most of the changes were replacing -sameq with -qscale 1 and adding -strict -2 for any profile using aac audio. The updates will be part of next release. From my brief experimentation seemed to me like newer ffmpeg was slower in general.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the information, I'll stick with the version of ffmpeg you supply. Everything works. Not sure why I even bothered trying ffmpeg 1.0
Old 12-06-2012, 12:25 PM   #4520
moyekj

v0p9c version released

v0p9c version just released. Several RPC remote enhancements in this release including:
* Season Passes table now lists # of upcoming shows after each show title (if any) and any Season Pass with episodes that won't record due to conflicts are marked with a pinkish background.
* New Upcoming and Conflicts buttons added to Season Passes tab for viewing upcoming shows and conflicts for a selected season pass.
* Explain button added to Won't Record tab which can be used to list all shows in conflict for a show that won't record listed under programSourceConflict folder.
* For TiVos with RPC remote enabled in kmttg, any missing OriginalAirDate and EpisodeNumber information is now obtained for all shows from RPC data (which is usually much more complete than the traditional TTG XML data). After the *remote NP List* job completes the NPL table will be populated with the extra data and titles with missing episode numbers are updated. When you create pyTivo metadata file the added information will also be included there now as well. (This obsoletes the need to right click on a show to obtain OriginalAirDate information for RPC enabled TiVos).
* Several other enhancements.
See release_notes Wiki for all the details.

Last edited by moyekj : 12-06-2012 at 12:30 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:17 AM   #4521
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
* For TiVos with RPC remote enabled in kmttg, any missing OriginalAirDate and EpisodeNumber information is now obtained for all shows from RPC data (which is usually much more complete than the traditional TTG XML data).
Are you saying it's more complete than the "TiVoVideoDetails" XML? I don't think I've ever noticed a deficiency there. Or just the "TiVoContainer" XML (which I call "the short form")?

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:35 AM   #4522
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
v0p9c version just released. Several RPC remote enhancements in this release including:
* Season Passes table now lists # of upcoming shows after each show title (if any) and any Season Pass with episodes that won't record due to conflicts are marked with a pinkish background.
* New Upcoming and Conflicts buttons added to Season Passes tab for viewing upcoming shows and conflicts for a selected season pass.
* Explain button added to Won't Record tab which can be used to list all shows in conflict for a show that won't record listed under programSourceConflict folder.
* For TiVos with RPC remote enabled in kmttg, any missing OriginalAirDate and EpisodeNumber information is now obtained for all shows from RPC data (which is usually much more complete than the traditional TTG XML data). After the *remote NP List* job completes the NPL table will be populated with the extra data and titles with missing episode numbers are updated. When you create pyTivo metadata file the added information will also be included there now as well. (This obsoletes the need to right click on a show to obtain OriginalAirDate information for RPC enabled TiVos).
* Several other enhancements.
See release_notes Wiki for all the details.
I assume this only work on Premieres.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:01 AM   #4523
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
Are you saying it's more complete than the "TiVoVideoDetails" XML? I don't think I've ever noticed a deficiency there. Or just the "TiVoContainer" XML (which I call "the short form")?
Yes, TivoVideoDetails is deficient for many shows/episodes for me. For example many (but not all) shows have no EpisodeNumber information in either the TiVoContainer or TiVoVideoDetails XML. Currently right now on my TiVos here are some examples of shows missing the information in XML:
Grey's Anatomy (ABC HD)
Revenge (ABC HD)
666 Park Avenue (ABC HD)
Burn Notice (USA HD)
Two and a Half Men (CBS HD)

There are other examples of well for some shows where most episode numbers are available via XML but not all. i.e. It's very unreliable.

In contrast, RPC has Episode Number & Original Air Date information for every episodic show.

Old 12-08-2012, 07:10 PM   #4524
moyekj

v0p9d version release

v0p9d version just released with some improvements to conflicts listings from RPC Season Passes tab. See release_notes Wiki for details.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:11 PM   #4525
waynomo
My One Time

If there are any Canadian or UK KMTTG users reading this I could use a hand. Please check out this thread.

TY

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=497909
waynomo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:54 PM   #4526
innocentfreak

I haven't really messed with encoding and figured I would play with it this weekend.

If I want to say get a result that is comparable to the various 720P MKVs that can be found out in the wild, what would be the best profile? HB_TiVo_HD?

I am just trying to figure out on my current machine how long it would take since my space is getting low. I also want something that can be quickly pushed back to the Premieres.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:46 AM   #4527
mfitch

audio is BAD

Hi -
I am trying to figure out what is going wrong - I'm trying to decode a HD video show - it brings it over from the (premiere) Tivo and the decrypted video is sparkling clear and crisp - sadly the sound is just like loud static.
I've checked "metadata" and "decrypt" - why am I having this problem? Is there a setting I need to check?

I'm on Windows 7/64 bit and downloaded the windows 7 install today.

thanks.
mfitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:50 AM   #4528
mfitch

Windows media player vs. other video player - sound differences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfitch View Post
Hi -
I am trying to figure out what is going wrong - I'm trying to decode a HD video show - it brings it over from the (premiere) Tivo and the decrypted video is sparkling clear and crisp - sadly the sound is just like loud static.
I've checked "metadata" and "decrypt" - why am I having this problem? Is there a setting I need to check?

I'm on Windows 7/64 bit and downloaded the windows 7 install today.

thanks.
ok - so when I open the same file with the nero kwik media viewer the sound is perfect - it's only when I open it with Window's media player that it sounds badly. Am I missing a CODEC or something?
mfitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:21 PM   #4529
innocentfreak

Have you tried the QSFIX? I believe that addresses some of the audio issues.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:27 PM   #4530
cherry ghost

Not sure if this belongs here or the pyTiVo thread.

After using kmttg to decrypt, cut commercials, and encode, I then try to push back to the TiVo with pyTiVo, but it automatically deletes after the push is complete.

If I encode the "cut" file separately and push that back to the TiVo, everything is fine.

The only difference I can see between the two encoded files is that the one that automatically deletes has all the metadata and the cut encode does not.

Any reason why the one with metadata wouldn't push properly?

ETA(1): after removing atomicparsley from the encode process, all encodes now push properly. The problem now is that there's very little information when I add them to iTunes.

ETA(2): downloaded atomicparsley here and pushes work

Last edited by cherry ghost : 12-27-2012 at 08:59 AM.
cherry ghost is online now   Reply With Quote