Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-29-2012, 12:55 AM   #1
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Supernatural - "Hunteri Heroici" - 11/28/12

Well that was fun!

I'm always a fan of snarky Sam. Him practically forcing Cas out of the way so he couldn't take the front seat was hysterical. There's no way Sam rides in the back. First of all just no. Second he's too big for that!

And the Sam backstory is still a puzzle to me. Amelia's dad was kind of a jerk at first but I guess I get it. Then once Amelia said "let us be a mess together" he seemed to attempt to warm up to Sam. I did like his ability to size Sam up within 5 minutes flat. "Question is, what are you running from Sam?" wow just dead on.

The entire looney tunes thing was done rather well. I particularly liked the frying pan to Dean's face and the bang flag when he tried to shoot the gun.

Cas and heaven. Not sure yet what I think of that. I'll have to think on that more. So does he remember going to talk to her or not? She said he would never remember yet when he's there he doesn't seem that confused this time. Or was I seeing that wrong?
Old 11-29-2012, 06:12 AM   #2
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

I can't remember the last time I laughed out loud as hard as I did when the cat talked to Cas.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:11 AM   #3
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post
And the Sam backstory is still a puzzle to me. Amelia's dad was kind of a jerk at first but I guess I get it. Then once Amelia said "let us be a mess together" he seemed to attempt to warm up to Sam. I did like his ability to size Sam up within 5 minutes flat. "Question is, what are you running from Sam?" wow just dead on.
He was also able to see that Sam "had been in combat and seen too much".

And now we know why left Ameila

Quote:
Cas and heaven. Not sure yet what I think of that. I'll have to think on that more. So does he remember going to talk to her or not? She said he would never remember yet when he's there he doesn't seem that confused this time. Or was I seeing that wrong?
I'm guessing that his memory is restored when he gets there and is wiped again when he's sent back.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:53 PM   #4
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
I can't remember the last time I laughed out loud as hard as I did when the cat talked to Cas.
That was great. I was hoping to see Jerry.

I wonder what it says about me that all my favorite shows eventually do cartoon episodes (Farscape, Fringe, Supernatural) or become comics (Buffy, Firefly)...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:39 PM   #5
robojerk

Last we knew, Cas was the most powerful angel left. Unless some other angel got a promotion something fishy is going on. I'll admit that I might be wrong, but I don't think that the bureaucrat angel is really an angel. Imaginary, some monster from purgatory, whatever.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:06 AM   #6
cheesesteak
Meh.

That cat cracked me up.

I know Sam's flashback scenes are important but I just don't care. I'm not even sure they really happened.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:11 AM   #7
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
I know Sam's flashback scenes are important but I just don't care. I'm not even sure they really happened.
I agree. I still think something is up. The fact that the woman playing the girlfriend isn't a good actress also makes things seem "off," though, so it could be nothing more than that.

It was interesting that in this episode, Sam was told (by Dean?) "you're living in a dream world" and then the same thing was said again, a few minutes later in his flashback. (Presumably it was that comment that triggered the flashback, but the comment itself is interesting).

Maybe I just want there to be more than there is. Some great "all has not been as it seems" revelation that makes us view the season through different eyes, retroactively.

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
Old 11-30-2012, 12:14 PM   #8
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by robojerk View Post
Last we knew, Cas was the most powerful angel left. Unless some other angel got a promotion something fishy is going on. I'll admit that I might be wrong, but I don't think that the bureaucrat angel is really an angel. Imaginary, some monster from purgatory, whatever.
Cas was the most powerful because he was amped up on all those limbo souls.

He's had power problems ever since he expelled all the Leviathans and became amnesiac.
The time in limbo didn't help at at all.
Hence, why he had to struggle to get up to power just to face Crowley.
(and it's debatable whether or not he had enough mojo there or not.)

"I aim to misbehave"
Old 11-30-2012, 12:39 PM   #9
robojerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung View Post
Cas was the most powerful because he was amped up on all those limbo souls.
I was talking more about the Hierarchy and power wise. All the archangels are dead, or trapped I think. I think this is why Cas was kind of the de-facto leader of angels at one point.

From Supernatural Wikia
Quote:
After he was killed by Lucifer during the Apocalypse, God resurrected Castiel and endowed him with new powers. Castiel reveals in "Blood Brother" that he's now a Seraph, a higher form of angelic being. Not only has he gained greatly enhanced powers while retaining all previous ones, but now he is independent from Heaven. This means he retains his full powers despite being a fallen angel and cut of from heaven.

After God resurrected Castiel after Lucifer killed him he chose to upgrade his celestial status considerably, making him a Seraph. When Castiel regained his memories he was much more powerful than before, being able to smite several demons effortlessly. When he was a normal angel it took him a great deal of focus to kill demons with the touch, and he was not strong enough to kill demons like Alastair, which he now definitely can as in a weakened state he was capable of killing Crowley, the King of Hell. It's probable that Zachariah was somewhat more powerful than his Seraph brother, since he was older.

The major difference between average angels and the Seraphim is that the latter possesses several cosmic powers lower angels don't, and some they do, but at a greatly elevated level. They can bend time without effort, heal humans of any injury or illness, revive humans who has been reduced to atoms, even years later. However, being seperated from Heaven for long periods may weaken them as when Castiel returned from Purgatory, he still had all his powers, but it exhausted him to use his strongest abilities. This is apparently a temporary problem however as Castiel quickly seemed to regain his strength.

In the hierarchy of Heaven, the Seraphim, like Zachariah, are ranked higher than Cherubim and angels, but lower than Archangels. Since Michael and Lucifer are sealed away in the cage, Castiel might be one of the most powerful and highest ranking angels alive, though Naomi appears to be above him.

Old 11-30-2012, 02:40 PM   #10
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
"dumbass"
and yeah that was unexpected and hilarious... I kind of wanted him to hear it and go back saying "what did you call me?" and the boys to have to drag him away

Quote:
And now we know why left Ameila.
Do we? I don't think that answers it. They were just moving in, stuff still in boxes. In episode one when he's packing his bag up and leaving they were clearly moved in and settled. So what happened in between??

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
I'm not even sure they really happened.
It's becoming a popular theory and before this episode I would have been leaning that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
I agree. I still think something is up. The fact that the woman playing the girlfriend isn't a good actress also makes things seem "off," though, so it could be nothing more than that.
Was I the only one cringing through the flashbacks at how entirely FAKE Sam was? That kiss and his laugh over her story. COME ON.

We have never in the history of this series seen Sam laugh that hard. It’s so fake I cringe watching it. It’s not even a slip of Jared bleeding through as Jared doesn’t laugh like that either. And it's not bad acting from Jared. If there's one thing he knows is this character. He's been doing it so many years, he knows every thought, feeling, expression Sam would make. So it’s got to be Sam putting on a happy face, fake it til you make it kind of thing. I hate it. It feels like all the fake crap we saw Dean do at the beginning of Season 6 and it’s literally making me feel sick. I long for a real laugh or smile from Sam but this is not it.

Quote:
It was interesting that in this episode, Sam was told (by Dean?) "you're living in a dream world" and then the same thing was said again, a few minutes later in his flashback. (Presumably it was that comment that triggered the flashback, but the comment itself is interesting).
I think there is no way they practically hit us over the head with the all the "dreamland" then flashback stuff. This show is more clever than that. I think it's more that Sam was realizing that him running away, trying to avoid his problems and leave the life was never going to work and it did bite him in the rear when Dean came back and now they are so disconnected by his running away and lack of searching for his brother.

Quote:
Maybe I just want there to be more than there is. Some great "all has not been as it seems" revelation that makes us view the season through different eyes, retroactively.
Something is definitely not right. Maybe it's that like Dean's perception of purgatory and getting Cas out was so off, maybe Sam's perception of the events is off too? I really don't know. It's dragging and I'm ready for this to be over.

Also for those who don't want this info... spoilerish tweets I will hide.............
Spoiler:

So that's mid January before we see this episode. UGH!!! But at least it's coming. And it's a long F'ing time coming too! I need my brothers back on track and acting like they care about each other.

Old 11-30-2012, 02:45 PM   #11
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by robojerk View Post
I was talking more about the Hierarchy and power wise. All the archangels are dead, or trapped I think. I think this is why Cas was kind of the de-facto leader of angels at one point.

From Supernatural Wikia
Yes, but since Castiel was in Purgatory for at least a year, who knows what filled the (heh) Power Vacuum while he was MIA.

It is possible that Naomi is not what she appears and/or there is something clandestine going on here.

After all, Samandriel had to ask Dean what happened to Castiel and Dean told him that Castiel was dead.

We don't know what Samandriel reported back so who knows what the rank and file angels know and think.

"I aim to misbehave"
Old 11-30-2012, 02:55 PM   #12
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:

Do we? I don't think that answers it. They were just moving in, stuff still in boxes. In episode one when he's packing his bag up and leaving they were clearly moved in and settled. So what happened in between??
I don't think that matters.
The simple fact that the husband Don turns up alive is enough to split these two up because of who they are.

Also, I suspect that Sam may do it to subconsciously punish himself.
He's probably carrying oodles of guilt as well as just being emotionally in the dumps although he probably rationalizes it as "being noble".

"I aim to misbehave"
Old 11-30-2012, 04:11 PM   #13
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
I don't think that matters.
The simple fact that the husband Don turns up alive is enough to split these two up because of who they are.

Also, I suspect that Sam may do it to subconsciously punish himself.
He's probably carrying oodles of guilt as well as just being emotionally in the dumps although he probably rationalizes it as "being noble".
Right but my point is, if Don is alive in this week's flashback when they are just moving in, why do they continue with the move in process and get all comfortable just for him to pack in the middle of the night and leave?
Old 11-30-2012, 05:20 PM   #14
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krotSSS View Post
??????????? ???????? kvdizain ru/]???????? ????
+1

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
Old 11-30-2012, 05:20 PM   #15
Peter000

Quote:
Was I the only one cringing through the flashbacks at how entirely FAKE Sam was? That kiss and his laugh over her story. COME ON.

We have never in the history of this series seen Sam laugh that hard. It’s so fake I cringe watching it. It’s not even a slip of Jared bleeding through as Jared doesn’t laugh like that either. And it's not bad acting from Jared. If there's one thing he knows is this character. He's been doing it so many years, he knows every thought, feeling, expression Sam would make. So it’s got to be Sam putting on a happy face, fake it til you make it kind of thing. I hate it. It feels like all the fake crap we saw Dean do at the beginning of Season 6 and it’s literally making me feel sick. I long for a real laugh or smile from Sam but this is not it.
No offense, we all know you're miss obsessive about Supernatural, but how would you know? How would anyone? We've literally never seen Sam in a normal everyday relationship before. The closest thing was in the pilot episode where his girlfriend got burned on the ceiling near the end. And Sam was in a nervous "impress her father" situation, so he probably was over-reacting to her story, just to try to break the ice with her dad.

Or maybe Padalecki is just a horrible actor when it comes to relationships. Or doesn't like the story so that's how it's coming across onscreen.

But who knows. Clearly the whole "husband is alive" thing is a mirror situation to what Dean is going through with Sam. It's probably the kick in the pants thing that prompts him to leave and seek out his brother.
Peter000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:25 PM   #16
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Right but my point is, if Don is alive in this week's flashback when they are just moving in, why do they continue with the move in process and get all comfortable just for him to pack in the middle of the night and leave?
It's possible that Amelia insisted that it wouldn't change things or just wanted Sam to stay and Sam did stay for a bit.
But considering how he left, he probably decided on his own to leave.

Truthfully though, I think you're overthinking this.

1. How much stuff do they really have? We know Sam has very little. It wouldn't take him long to unpack. Does Amelia have a lot of stuff?

2. How do we know that they were "all moved in" when Sam left? It was dark when he slipped out in the middle of the night and I don't recall seeing much of the house at all.

"I aim to misbehave"

Last edited by JYoung : 11-30-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:30 PM   #17
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter000 View Post
No offense, we all know you're miss obsessive about Supernatural, but how would you know? How would anyone? We've literally never seen Sam in a normal everyday relationship before. The closest thing was in the pilot episode where his girlfriend got burned on the ceiling near the end. And Sam was in a nervous "impress her father" situation, so he probably was over-reacting to her story, just to try to break the ice with her dad.

Or maybe Padalecki is just a horrible actor when it comes to relationships. Or doesn't like the story so that's how it's coming across onscreen.

But who knows. Clearly the whole "husband is alive" thing is a mirror situation to what Dean is going through with Sam. It's probably the kick in the pants thing that prompts him to leave and seek out his brother.
We saw him with Jess laughing and kissing and just being normal. This wasn't anything like that. Honestly maybe it IS just me but this was the first time he kissed someone and I cringed at how stiff and awkward it was and that was before the father got there. By this time I assume they've been dating for a small window of time and we were led to believe they've had sex so it shouldn't be that way. He's been less awkward kissing women he just met. And then the laugh at the table was just ugh. I actually hope it's just me.

Quote:
Truthfully though, I think you're overthinking this.
I dunno. Maybe. I do tend to do that with this show. I watch scenes/episodes over and over analyzing every single thing. To the point that I'm not watching anything else. I blame you guys.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:35 PM   #18
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

One thing that I think needs to be considered is that he left Jess at exactly the point when Dean came back. I absolutely refuse to believe that that was a coincidence. No way does he go off and live his own life for a year, only to drop everything and go to where Dean is about to show up by accident. Somebody caused all that to happen as it did.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:45 PM   #19
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
One thing that I think needs to be considered is that he left Jess at exactly the point when Dean came back. I absolutely refuse to believe that that was a coincidence. No way does he go off and live his own life for a year, only to drop everything and go to where Dean is about to show up by accident. Somebody caused all that to happen as it did.
Yes, we still don't know what made him pack his bag that night and go to that cabin. And we don't know how long he was at the cabin before Dean got out of purgatory. And we don't know how Dean knew he would be at the cabin to go there and wait on him. They were not in communication with each other because Dean even said he kept leaving him messages and Sam hadn't checked because he tossed the phones. So hmm, yes SO many questions still. Is this Supernatural or Mystery Theatre? UGH!

(can you guys even imagine if you had gotten me into this show before Season 6... you'd probably have me blocked by now)