TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-21-2012, 05:10 PM   #181
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Ray View Post
I think that is definitely something that Tivo could and should do but if not then someone should. That is, the ability to filter out the lines that are abundant but seldom of interest to see just the exceptions.
kmttg has something now which categorizes by reason all shows that won't record.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:26 PM   #182
moyekj

Also note that there have been some forum posts about the "Fall" update for Series 4 units geting some new HDUI screens including To Do List, so perhaps TiVo took the opportunity to do it right and provide proper filters so you can only see conflicts you really care about. (Of course just like the improved Guide it means you would actually have to use HDUI to get the improvements which means you have to live with HDUI sluggishness).

Old 09-21-2012, 05:59 PM   #183
Sam Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
kmttg has something now which categorizes by reason all shows that won't record.
Thank you.

I have already downloaded it. It does not start when I open the jar file but I assume it will work; I have not tried to investigate. I certainly should have the association specified but that is the first thing to investigate. This is off-topic for this very useful thread so I don't want to dwell on the off-topic discussion.
Sam Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:12 PM   #184
Sam Ray

Quote:
When Java 7 was installed it did not remove Java 6. When I execute kmttg using Java 7 javaw explicitly nothing happens. When I execute the exact some thing using Java 6 it works. So I do not know if it is a problem with the way Java is installed, in which case it is not your problem, or if it is something you would be concerned about. If you want me to post more information, just let me know what and where.
Sam Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:16 PM   #185
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Ray View Post
When Java 7 was installed it did not remove Java 6. When I execute kmttg using Java 7 javaw explicitly nothing happens. When I execute the exact some thing using Java 6 it works. So I do not know if it is a problem with the way Java is installed, in which case it is not your problem, or if it is something you would be concerned about. If you want me to post more information, just let me know what and where.
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=387725
I haven't tried Java 7 so could well be issues. I have to keep kmttg Java 5 compatible since some Mac OS's are way behind on Java front.

Old 10-27-2012, 07:33 PM   #186
moyekj

FYI, I figured out how to get "Recently Deleted" list using "recordingSearch" operation with "state:[deleted]" field. Recordings returned can then be undeleted using "recordingUpdate" operation with "state:complete" field. So next kmttg release will have an additional RPC "Deleted" tab with ability to list and recover deleted shows.

Old 10-27-2012, 07:56 PM   #187
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Sweet!

- a list of some favorite browser add-ons that help make TCF even more enjoyable!
Fofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:31 PM   #188
moyekj

FYI, RPC still works fine as is with the 20.2.2 update being pushed out starting today.
i.e. No changes needed to authentication as was the case last time.
So whatever changes broke it for Virgin and cable company versions do not apply to 20.2.2.

Old 11-17-2012, 05:59 PM   #189
moyekj

Based on the Android schema.conf file I wrote a script to parse the file and print out a summary of all possible Mind schema v9 operations in a more human readable form. Note that the vast majority of operations are not accessible via RPC, and I've marked each and every operation with a (NO) or (YES) accordingly. In the process of going through that exercise there were a few interesting commands that came up I didn't know worked before, such as:

phoneHomeRequest - initiate a network connection (phone home)
whatsOnSearch - info about what is currently being watched. Only 3 states I've seen so far: "idle", "recording", "liveCache". idle state is if you are currently in a GUI screen or running HME or Flash app, recording if watching a recording, liveCache if viewing live TV. Channel information is given when relevant.

Above 2 I'm making use of in next kmttg release.

Others that are functional via RPC I haven't explored yet that look somewhat interesting:
settingsGet
transportStreamIdMappingsGet
howToWatchSearch
whatToWatchSearch

I uploaded my operation summary file to here in case someone may find it useful:
http://kmttg.googlecode.com/files/rp...nd_summary.txt

Old 11-17-2012, 10:26 PM   #190
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
I uploaded my operation summary file to here in case someone may find it useful:
http://kmttg.googlecode.com/files/rp...nd_summary.txt
Thanks... fascinating stuff.

As you know, the iPad interface isn't the only place where these commands are used -- specifically, the pyTivo "push" system communicates with the TiVo "mind" server using "bodyOfferModify", and a few other commands. Now I finally have a formal spec for bodyOfferModify... and I can see that we're already using all the useful fields. But, I can also see that there are other commands that might let us specify more metadata, if we can figure out how to use them.

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:11 AM   #191
swythan

OK, so Virgin Media in the UK has *finally* released a version of the iPad app that can talk to their version of the TiVo.

Has anyone got a way of capturing the network traffic between the iPad and the TiVo that works (e.g. with the latest US app)? I've got a jailbroken iPad, if that helps.

I've been trying a few different ways to capture the traffic, but this is all new to me, really (I'm a .Net client developer).
swythan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:57 AM   #192
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by swythan View Post
OK, so Virgin Media in the UK has *finally* released a version of the iPad app that can talk to their version of the TiVo.

Has anyone got a way of capturing the network traffic between the iPad and the TiVo that works (e.g. with the latest US app)? I've got a jailbroken iPad, if that helps.

I've been trying a few different ways to capture the traffic, but this is all new to me, really (I'm a .Net client developer).
Android app is much easier to look at for me if there is an Android version that works with Virgin (I would need the apk file).

Old 11-29-2012, 06:36 AM   #193
badtuned

Quote:

Would you be willing to crack the application with your iPad. Plain ipa file is encrypted and there is a small change that the cert password could be found from the binary after it has been decrypted. Process is easy but I don't have any apple devices. Essentially decryption needs to be done on a device which downloaded app from the market.
badtuned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:26 PM   #194
swythan

Quote:
Originally Posted by badtuned View Post
Would you be willing to crack the application with your iPad. Plain ipa file is encrypted and there is a small change that the cert password could be found from the binary after it has been decrypted. Process is easy but I don't have any apple devices. Essentially decryption needs to be done on a device which downloaded app from the market.
Yes, I could give that a go if you can point me at a howto.

I've already had a look and found a new cert file, but I checked and the password isn't the same as for the old/US one.

@moyekj : Sorry, no Android app, yet. I would also find that much easier to deal with.

EDIT: Done. I've sent you a link to decrypted binary.

Last edited by swythan : 11-29-2012 at 04:55 PM. Reason: App decryption done.
swythan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:13 PM   #195
badtuned

Quote:
Yes, I could give that a go if you can point me at a howto.

I've already had a look and found a new cert file, but I checked and the password isn't the same as for the old/US one.

@moyekj : Sorry, no Android app, yet. I would also find that much easier to deal with.
"hackulo.us/wiki/IOS_Cracking" (sorry, i need 5 posts to post links) is pretty interesting article and contains links to methods how apps are cracked. It's pretty automated(Clutch and poedCrackMod) these days meaning you don't need to manually play with memory dumps. To cut the story short, vanilla ios will not execute decrypted apps and that's partly the whole point of jailbreaking iDevices.

Yes, I also checked those new certs. There seem to be one cert per tivo application. There's a separate US apps for phone and tablet for android and both of those have different cert(older android tivo app actually had both of those certs in it). I also checked existing cert from US tivo IOS app and that cert is not a same found from android apps.

Every client cert in tivo's basically maps to a partner id. I believe tivo's firmware contains a set of access rules what these partners are allowed to do via mind protocol(Essentially this means that Virgin itself owns a cert which allows admin access to a device). It was pretty natural step for Virgin to change or disable those partner id's which are used in US.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:58 PM   #196
badtuned

@swythan Can't yet send pm's, but I'll give it a spin.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:14 AM   #197
badtuned

It's pretty clear that the passphrase is not clear text in ios binary as it's in android app.

Right... going into a world of arm asm language.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:05 AM   #198
badtuned

Hah, think I got it. Do people generally post hacking methods to this forum?
Old 12-28-2012, 12:29 PM   #199
moyekj

middlemind.tivo.com:443

FYI, you can use this same protocol to talk to middlemind.tivo.com (port 443) instead of a local series 4 TiVo. For bodyAuthenticate you use mmaCredential with your tivo.com username & password instead of the makCredential used for local TiVo authentication, but from that point on everything else is the same.

This opens up some of the functionality provided by this interface to earlier TiVo models such as series 3. I have yet to explore much exactly what does and does not work when using that host. Note that this is the host that is used in "away" mode by the iOS/Android apps. Depending on how much functionality is available I may add RPC remote support (with likely reduced functionality) for earlier TiVo models in next kmttg update.

Old 12-28-2012, 03:02 PM   #200
morac
Cat God

Quote:
FYI, you can use this same protocol to talk to middlemind.tivo.com (port 443) instead of a local series 4 TiVo. For bodyAuthenticate you use mmaCredential with your tivo.com username & password instead of the makCredential used for local TiVo authentication, but from that point on everything else is the same.

This opens up some of the functionality provided by this interface to earlier TiVo models such as series 3. I have yet to explore much exactly what does and does not work when using that host. Note that this is the host that is used in "away" mode by the iOS/Android apps. Depending on how much functionality is available I may add RPC remote support (with likely reduced functionality) for earlier TiVo models in next kmttg update.
Earlier models don't use the same connection to the mind server as the Premiere models. They use the old XMPP/Jabber client/server connection which only supports pushing video downloads, season pass manager updates and not much else. That's why it's not possible to view the Now Playing list for Series 3 models or update the To Do List or Season Passes in real time (the older polling online scheduling method is used).
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:05 PM   #201
moyekj

ToDo lists match up pretty closely to what I see vs local RPC from what I've seen so far with Premiere units. For Season Passes I was able to get Auto-Record wishlists to show up as well which the online SP manager doesn't show, so better functionality possible there. I was also able to delete a season pass on my S3 which look like it worked. I scheduled a season pass and an individual show on my S3 using this interface and it was similar to doing it via tivo.com or one of the other online guides where you get the email confirmations and they worked fine. So it is pretty functional though not real time. I was even able to show Recently Deleted items for my S3 though recovering them or permanently deleting doesn't work through middlemind server. So shows some promise.

I'll have to explore possibility of scheduling season passes for shows not currently in the guide to see if I can get them to work (with local RPC that is not possible), in order to get true Season Pass backups.

P.S. Was also able to update Season Pass options for a SP on my S3 (changed #episodes from 5 to 10) and it worked.

Last edited by moyekj : 12-28-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:48 PM   #202
moyekj

middlemind RPC interface is becoming more and more interesting. Looks like there may be many commands listed in operation summary file I mentioned above that are not available to local RPC but are available via middlemind server. I just started investigating this and 2 operations I've tried so far that I was interested in getting to work previously seem to be available via middlemind:

channelStore
This useful for among other things changing "Channels You Receive" (isReceived field). Somewhat disturbingly it also appears you can change the channel name, logo, number, callsign, etc. if you want to.

categorySearch
This useful for obtaining all categories that can be used for Wishlist creation. kmttg WL buttons omitted category option because I didn't have a way of getting category IDs, but now I do.

I'm sure there will be a ton of other operations that will work via middlemind as well as the above 2 were the only ones I tried so far. For channelStore I need to test it some more with caution (I'm using my older S3 unit for testing that) to see if I can toggle isReceived boolean field which is really the only interest I have in it for now.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:39 AM   #203
moyekj

Big Grin HME Streaming from pyTivo without 1.1GB buffer limit

Finally figured out how to get HME streaming without the pesky 1.1GB file size limit!
When querying RPC UI destinations, one of the available destinations is the "TiVoCast RSS Video Player HME app". So I figured I'd try to see if I could get it to work with my own URL, and out of convenience fired up pyTivo and tried a pyTivo URL and it worked.

Note that in addition to the pyTivo uri you can set the title, subtitle, description and duration in seconds all of which affect the UI. Here is a sample RPC call to accomplish this:
Code:
{
 "type":"uiNavigate",
 "uiDestinationType":"hme",
 "uri":"x-tivo:hme:uuid:863cb78f-efdd-4106-b572-51733983dc76",
 "parameters":{
  "title":"Title goes here",
  "subtitle":"Subtitle goes here",
  "description":"Description goes here",
  "uri":"http://192.168.10.198:9032/videos/movies/star_wars2.mpg?Format=video%2Fx-tivo-mpeg",
  "duration":8280
 }
}
Note. I tried this on a small video clip as well as a full DVD movie of size 5GB, and the full 5GB movie buffered and I was able to navigate the full movie without interruption.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:49 AM   #204
innocentfreak

Wow that is very cool. Nice work.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:13 AM   #205
moyekj

One caveat with pyTivo streaming is it doesn't seem to work when pyTivo needs to transcode (I did comment out ts=on so that transcodes are done to mpeg2 program stream). Works fine with mpeg2 & video/x-tivo-mpeg mime as well as mp4 with video/mp4 mime, but pyTivo transcoding and using video/x-tivo-mpeg doesn't work for some reason...

Old 01-01-2013, 04:29 AM   #206
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

When transcoding, pyTivo uses chunked encoding, because it doesn't know the final length; when not transcoding, it specifies the content-length in the headers. I assume this is the difference.

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:37 AM   #207
davidblackledge
Registered lÜser

Awesome, you da man, moyekj. I'm looking into adding that to my upcoming app now.

I was hoping that Video Player was the key to watching youtube videos on TiVo, too, but I tried every uri I could come up with for a video on youtube, and it didn't like any of them.
"Video Playback Error | the video has an unknown or incompatible format and cannot be processed by TiVo| Press SELECT to continue"
I now suspect that maybe launching a youtube video uses the youtube app with parameters... I tried using the same parameters as Video Player with no luck.

Could you use the same technique to find parameters available for the youtube app?
uuid=06F36A5F-FE5D-4F03-99A0-64B92896B47F
so
"uri":"x-tivo:hme:uuid:06F36A5F-FE5D-4F03-99A0-64B92896B47F"

Thanks again, moyekj!

David.Blackledge.com Solitaire/FreeCell, Calendar, Map...
hmedev.wikidot.com
davidblackledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:45 AM   #208
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
When transcoding, pyTivo uses chunked encoding, because it doesn't know the final length; when not transcoding, it specifies the content-length in the headers. I assume this is the difference.
I tried editing plugins/video/video.py to always execute the if compatible section of the headers but it didn't seem to help. Maybe if you can get a chance I would appreciate it if you can monkey with it a little to see if you can get things working for transcoding mode. I've added a crude implementation of starting a stream via RPC using pyTivo as server in the kmttg.jar in this zip. There's a 'pyTivo stream' button under FILES tab. Just make sure your pyTivo.conf is specified in kmttg config and then add a video file in one of your video shares to FILES table, select it and click on the button to start the stream.

Old 01-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #209
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidblackledge View Post
Awesome, you da man, moyekj. I'm looking into adding that to my upcoming app now.

I was hoping that Video Player was the key to watching youtube videos on TiVo, too, but I tried every uri I could come up with for a video on youtube, and it didn't like any of them.
"Video Playback Error | the video has an unknown or incompatible format and cannot be processed by TiVo| Press SELECT to continue"
I now suspect that maybe launching a youtube video uses the youtube app with parameters... I tried using the same parameters as Video Player with no luck.

Could you use the same technique to find parameters available for the youtube app?
uuid=06F36A5F-FE5D-4F03-99A0-64B92896B47F
so
"uri":"x-tivo:hme:uuid:06F36A5F-FE5D-4F03-99A0-64B92896B47F"

Thanks again, moyekj!
YouTube on series 4 units is a Flash app, not HME. The HME version doesn't show up in my search. Here's the details on the Flash version:
Code:
{
"instanceName":"YouTube Leanback",
"instanceParameter":[
 {
  "type":"fieldDefinition",
  "valueType":"string",
  "truncate":false,
  "skipInOutput":false,
  "minOccurs":0,
  "description":"Search query, with words separated by the '+' sign. Used to launch app with a specific search query.",
  "copyValueFrom":"Collection.title",
  "ignoreInInput":false,
  "name":"q",
  "levelOfDetail":"high",
  "isNote":false
 },
 {
  "description":"YouTube Video ID. Used to launch app with a specific video.",
  "copyValueFrom":"Offer.partnerOfferId",
  "name":"v",
  "isNote":false}
],
"type":"uiDestinationInstance",
"uiDestinationType":"flash",
"uiDestinationInstanceId":"tivo:di.1000851",
"instanceDescription":"YouTube Leanback",
"uri":"x-tivo:flash:uuid:B8CEA236-0C3D-41DA-9711-ED220480778E",
"serviceGroup":["DG_flash_youtube","DG_hme_youtube_leanback_alpha","DG_hme_youtube_leanback_beta","DG_hme_youtube_leanback_qe"],
"description":"YouTube app","uiDestinationId":"tivo:ud.1000251",
"name":"YouTube",
"parameter":[
 {
  "description":"VIDEO or SEARCH",
  "name":"jumpTo",
 },
 {
  "description":"If jumpto=VIDEO, this should be set to specify which video to play. You can find the video id from the url when watching a youtube video, the v= is the video id",
  "name":"videoid",
 },
 {
  "description":"If jumpto=SEARCH, this should be set to specify the string to search for.",
  "name":"query",
  "levelOfDetail":"high","isNote":false
 }
],
"priority":800
}

Old 01-01-2013, 01:24 PM   #210
davidblackledge
Registered lÜser

Big Grin Youtube Launch

Quote:
YouTube on series 4 units is a Flash app, not HME. The HME version doesn't show up in my search. Here's the details on the Flash version:
YES! that works for the HME version, too! I just have to launch it with parameters "jumpTo=VIDEO" and "videoid=v" where v is the "v" id from a youtube URL!

Thank you!

Now some awesome features of my new app will be thanks to you ;]

David.Blackledge.com Solitaire/FreeCell, Calendar, Map...
hmedev.wikidot.com
davidblackledge is offline   Reply With Quote