TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-28-2012, 09:36 PM   #1
brianric

Survivor 11-28-12

Abi won immunity - ugh!

Penner did him self in for not committing last week.
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:38 PM   #2
LifeIsABeach

Penner not only went out as the jerk he is, he wasn't even smart enough to pretend that the vote was for Malcom to try to get him to play the immunity idol. Glad he is gone.

I can't stand Abi, but she was the only one smart enough to realize there could be help at the auction and saved her money. Hopefully no one is dumb enough to believe the "second note" scam.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:54 PM   #3
Turtleboy

TC CLUB MEMBER
It looks like I did post a spoiler in last week's thread. I apologize for that. Abi had written something on her Facebook page that strongly hinted that she was going to win immunity this week. I don't see it there anymore, so I guess they made her delete it.
Turtleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:59 PM   #4
Einselen
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Regarding the preview for next week:

Spoiler:
What did Malcolm brother say?

S2 526 HR - Lifetime
Premiere XL4 300 HR - Lifetime

XBL Gamertag - UnseenThought
Einselen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:10 PM   #5
Neenahboy
Grad stud(ent)

It's amazing that Abi thinks this win will change anything. She realizes the jury has the final word, right? Or, perhaps not.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:37 PM   #6
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einselen View Post
Regarding the preview for next week:

Spoiler:
What did Malcolm brother say?
What I took from it, and remember we know they love misdirection in previews
Spoiler:
I took from it that he recognized Lisa

Old 11-28-2012, 10:39 PM   #7
Kylep
Doomed! (DOOMED!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleboy View Post
It looks like I did post a spoiler in last week's thread. I apologize for that. Abi had written something on her Facebook page that strongly hinted that she was going to win immunity this week. I don't see it there anymore, so I guess they made her delete it.
I'm not sure if I'm surprised she was dumb enough to put it on Facebook, but I knew there's no way she's not telling people close to her exactly how she did.

Sadly we might be past the point now where people care about voting her out. We're well past the point where they should be getting out the more likeable people.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:30 AM   #8
Azlen

The title of this episode "Hell Hath Frozen Over" was a pretty big spoiler for me. I knew it had to mean that Abi wasn't going home.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:33 AM   #9
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I can't stand her, but I do give her credit for the way she played this episode. Loved that she was pretending that she had an immunity idol. Sorry to see Penner go, I liked him. Malcolm did some smart move by getting a firm foursome last week.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:34 AM   #10
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
What I took from it, and remember we know they love misdirection in previews
Spoiler:
I took from it that he recognized Lisa
Spoiler:

I wasn't sure, but I thought that, and then wondered why it would bother Malcolm the way he reacted.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 11-29-2012, 12:38 AM   #11
bryhamm
randomize

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsABeach View Post
Penner not only went out as the jerk he is, he wasn't even smart enough to pretend that the vote was for Malcom to try to get him to play the immunity idol. Glad he is gone.

I can't stand Abi, but she was the only one smart enough to realize there could be help at the auction and saved her money. Hopefully no one is dumb enough to believe the "second note" scam.
How did he go out like a jerk? He seemed very ok with it and knew that he was the one to blame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
I can't stand her, but I do give her credit for the way she played this episode. Loved that she was pretending that she had an immunity idol. Sorry to see Penner go, I liked him. Malcolm did some smart move by getting a firm foursome last week.
Yeah, but I doubt that she would have won something that not only had a clue to another HII (which she was trying to make it seem) but also an advantage in the IC. No way would they do both of those. One or the other, imo.

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:52 AM   #12
WO312

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
Absolutely agree. While I can't stand her, I give her props. She went into the food auction planning on buying help, and the immunity idol thing, while I don't think it SHOULD work, is a pretty smart thing to try.
WO312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:09 AM   #13
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryhamm View Post
How did he go out like a jerk? He seemed very ok with it and knew that he was the one to blame.
I agree, he seemed to know he played his cards and lost. I mean, he was whistling at the end.
Quote:

Yeah, but I doubt that she would have won something that not only had a clue to another HII (which she was trying to make it seem) but also an advantage in the IC. No way would they do both of those. One or the other, imo.
Right, there is no way they would set it up like that, but the other players don't know that for certain. She is just leading them to believe it. And in true Survivor fashion, Jeff didn't deny that the paper had two parts.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:39 AM   #14
jradosh
Newlywed

Wow... second TC in a row Jeff is digging deep into the wounds of the players to get an emotional reaction (tears). I didn't mind so much with Abi, but I thought he should have left well enough alone with Lisa What's to be gained by exposing her personal issues outside of the game? I really thought that was over the top exploitive.

I'm glad that, finally, at a bidding challenge the people actually bid in a way that made sense. When people really wanted something they bid all their money. There was no playing around with low bids, trying to 'steal' an item like the last time they had bidding. Nope... just shout out $500 and take your food. (well... for the most part anyway).

Abi is still a jerk and won't win. And while she was smart in the bidding challenge (or lucky) she really showed her ignorance by thinking she could get away with a "there were two messages" strategy. And her lieing was pretty weak too. I only hope that at the reunion show Jeff digs a little deeper into why she's like this, and gives RC a chance to confront Abi without being interrupted.

At this point I think it's Malcom or Denise's to lose. I predict it will be Abi and Carter next (not necessarily in that order) followed by Skupin and then Lisa (if they do a final two).

Check out
. :)
jradosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:15 AM   #15
LifeIsABeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryhamm View Post
How did he go out like a jerk?
I believe he told them all to suck eggs on the way out. Definitely sounded like a sore loser.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:32 AM   #16
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Deneis?
Is Penner dyslexic or just a bad speller?
Old 11-29-2012, 08:02 AM   #17
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Dalton's recap - http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/survivo...es-episode-11/

Personally, I'm not sorry Abi is still in and Penner is gone. Better drama to be had from Abi and no more of Penner's voice, which drives me right up the wall.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:21 AM   #18
Family

If Mike & Lisa don't figure out to turn on Malcolm & Denise next week they are not playing the game. I know there is the idol to deal with & they'll have to figure the misdirect to get around that, but a final with Abi & Carter has to be to their advantage. And if they do it together they won't be weakened by jury votes.
Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:46 AM   #19
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by loubob57 View Post
Deneis?
Is Penner dyslexic or just a bad speller?
I thought he was making a joke as if using the "deny" verb as in "she denies that she lied" instead of her name...I also thought he had the "suck eggs" line all ready before he even came on Survivor, as well as his exit song and dance and just performed them when he was voted out.

As far as the auction, I think they simply never thought in a million years that Abi could win a challenge, no matter what advantage she could get. I can't say I disagreed with their logic!
Anubys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:00 AM   #20
Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
As far as the auction, I think they simply never thought in a million years that Abi could win a challenge, no matter what advantage she could get. I can't say I disagreed with their logic!
I still think these things are in the bag. It's a show. What type of suspense would there be if tribal was guaranteed? Abi was tipped off, in fact she played the tip off ("Why should I eat? I'm going home next and will eat all I want.") with the same tone and bad acting that she used trying to convince everyone there was a second part to the reward. Then the challenge was the easiest ever (untie ropes) while the others are huffing and puffing with weights on them.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:21 AM   #21
jradosh
Newlywed

I'd go so far as to say the "third stage" of the challenge was probably changed to make it easier for her. Why the first two stages were "tether to the rope, navigate the maze" and the last was simply "untie knots"? How easy would it be for the producers to make her knots easier to untie? Conspiracy I tell ya!

Check out
. :)
jradosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:44 AM   #22
MNoelH
McGruber

TC CLUB MEMBER
I have to say that Lisa ticked me off a little last night. After Carter bought the item that could be traded for rice and beans for the tribe (very noble of him), he started bidding on the next item and Lisa started bidding against him (and outbid him - he ran out of money to go up against her). The dude just gave up his money for the team's reward and you want to screw him out of a reward just for himself? I thought that was mean. He should have been able to pick up that item for $20. (I reserve the right to take back this statement if editing played some part in that not really being the very next auctioned item.)
Old 11-29-2012, 10:02 AM   #23
pmyers

Quote:
I believe he told them all to suck eggs on the way out. Definitely sounded like a sore loser.
wow...you took that totally differen't than I did (and as well as the other contestants from what I saw). That was a joke.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:08 AM   #24
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

I thought Penner's "encore" was pretty pathetic. You've been voted off, it's time to GTFO. I'm sure his Ponderosa vids will be as full of himself as everything else he does.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:20 AM   #25
bryhamm
randomize

Quote:
No he didn't.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:23 AM   #26
bryhamm
randomize

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
wow...you took that totally differen't than I did (and as well as the other contestants from what I saw). That was a joke.
100% this

Old 11-29-2012, 11:00 AM   #27
tiams

I have no doubt that producers told Abi there would be an advantage up for auction and instructed her to save her money.

At the end of last week, I felt sure Abi would be around a while longer.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:05 AM   #28
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Continuing the preview discussion:
Spoiler:
It's probably editing, but Malcolm's brother sounded like he had diarrhea of the mouth. Yap yap yap yap. And brutally honest stuff, like what a 4-year-old says at the grocery store when they see a "different-looking" person.

Come join us <dates TBD>!
martinp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:22 AM   #29
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
I have no doubt that producers told Abi there would be an advantage up for auction and instructed her to save her money.

At the end of last week, I felt sure Abi would be around a while longer.
Why would they have to tell her? They've done that for as long as I can remember.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:40 AM   #30
Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
Why would they have to tell her? They've done that for as long as I can remember.
I say it goes as far as instructing others to let her have it.