TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-26-2012, 09:55 PM   #31
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleboy View Post
I blame the producers. If the Sharks don't want people who are too early in their businesses, then the producers should stop putting them on the show.
Think of them as the analog of the bad singers in the early rounds of American Idol.

(Though I did think one recent Shark Tank episode where it was ALL, or all but one, really bad ideas that got slammed by the tank was bad editing.. shouldn't've been all grouped together on one episode.)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:46 AM   #32
inaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Oh, and the tie company WAS ON Who Wants to be a Millionaire as a question a few days after this. So apparently they're already well known?!?!?
Isn't "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" syndicated through ABC affiliates?
Sounds like self-promotion for ABC on this one.

Did the question start out as, "As seen on Shark Tank..."?
inaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:23 AM   #33
newsposter
Poster of News

do you think there's ever a deal made and we dont get to see it on the show or 100% of all deals made go on the show?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:00 AM   #34
Azlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsposter View Post
do you think there's ever a deal made and we dont get to see it on the show or 100% of all deals made go on the show?
I think what happens more often then not is the deals made on the show don't go through. The sharks do due diligence before they sign the final contract and can always pull out. In an interview the Sharks also said that some of the company owners have decided that the exposure on the Shark Tank was enough and pull out of the deals as well. I haven't heard of any where there wasn't a deal made on the show but a deal was worked out later but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened. I do know that there have been a few companies who have been on the show more than once.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:29 AM   #35
newsposter
Poster of News

i love the guys that come in and say i'm an inventor, i have ABC but now i have XYZ and i need money for that

then they dig and find out the dude is a zillionair with ABC but doesnt want the risk with XYZ (NO you cant have that part of the business)

!

Old 11-27-2012, 10:54 AM   #36
pmyers

Quote:
i love the guys that come in and say i'm an inventor, i have ABC but now i have XYZ and i need money for that

then they dig and find out the dude is a zillionair with ABC but doesnt want the risk with XYZ (NO you cant have that part of the business)
Yeah...we've seen that a few times on the show.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:10 AM   #37
Turtleboy

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:

The old ladies with the natural gum were like that.
Turtleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:50 AM   #38
newsposter
Poster of News

one thing people should learn is patent = kevin

he loves to license things too

but people dont want their original ideas destroyed and i guess i cant blame them for wanting to save their baby

!

Old 11-27-2012, 12:38 PM   #39
pmyers

Quote:
one thing people should learn is patent = kevin

he loves to license things too

but people dont want their original ideas destroyed and i guess i cant blame them for wanting to save their baby
Which makes sense for the people who have dedicated themselves to their idea....but doesn't make any sense for the people who are just doing their thing on the side, which the Sharks do call them out on. If you want to keep your current job, then just take a licensing or royalty deal, get your money and move on.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:45 PM   #40
newsposter
Poster of News

i forget the object but kev wanted zero equity..just X cents or dollars per item

i'm assuming you do something like that because you limit your risk to your initial investment? after that it's only upside once you get past the breakeven point

and if the company goes down, no equity means no 'loss' in that sense of the word

but then he also does some deals where he says i get X cents per unit only until i make my money but then i think he has to have equity for those, correct?

!

Old 11-27-2012, 09:33 PM   #41
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaka View Post
Did the question start out as, "As seen on Shark Tank..."?

No.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote