TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-04-2012, 05:15 PM   #1
plazmik

Remote control issue with new Westinghouse TV

Couldn't find this on any search of the threads so I thought I'd throw it on here. Just hooked up a new Westinghouse TV in place of an old Sony. Hooked up everything as it was on the old TV and everything works the same as always except two issues with the Tivo remote. The first is when Tivo is on and I hit the pause button it also controls the closed caption feature of the new TV. Second, when I hit fast forward on the Tivo remote it kicks the TV into TV input source and I lose the Tivo screen. I have to use the TV remote to get back to AV input for Tivo where I find that the Tivo is still fast forwarding. In essence, the pause and fast forward are working correctly but they are also controling the input source and closed caption functions at the same time. Have tried numerous codes for Westinghouse, Sony, and Samsung (per Tivo & Westinghouse tech suggestions. I've also done a global reset on the Tivo remote as well as restarted the Tivo. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
plazmik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:38 PM   #2
cannonz

there are different code sets you can set the tivo and remote to, set them to one that doesn't interfere with your TV.
cannonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:11 PM   #3
HaroldBuck

This was driving me nuts. TiVo support told me to try the code thing, which was of no use. I finally found an article. It won't let me post the link, but search for "Other devices respond to the DVR remote"
HaroldBuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:12 PM   #4
HaroldBuck

Now I have enough posts to post the direct link:

http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/274
HaroldBuck is offline   Reply With Quote