Here's my situation:
- I just bought a TiVo Premiere XL4, which has a MoCa adapter built-in
- I have Time Warner Cable's "Roadrunner" internet, in what is termed as "Southern Manhattan," and use a Tuning Adapter with an M Card on my TiVo.
- I'd like to ditch my wireless adapter and just use MoCa (networking over Coax) to connect my Premiere XL4, ensuring higher speeds and opening up the possibility of purchasing a TiVo Stream.
Unfortunately, I can't seem to get MoCa to work in my apartment. Here is what I've tried so far:
- At first, I thought that using my tuning adapter as a passthrough to my TiVo was causing the issue. I purchased a splitter, but that didn't do the trick.
- Next, I tried removing the Tuning Adapter from the mix and plugged my coax source directly into the back of my TiVo. MoCa still didn't work.
- I reached out to Time Warner to ask if MoCa should work in my apartment, and after some roundabout conversation, they said the wiring should work, but they don't offer support unless someone purchases their "whole-home DVR" service. Here's the conversation with Time Warner Cable support: https://twc.sdx.socialdynamx.com/por...rsation/219166
So, TiVo Community, I bring this dilemma to you: how can I connect my brand new TiVo Premiere XL4 to my network without using my wireless adapter? Is it a possibility, or am I wasting my time? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.