Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-31-2012, 08:16 PM   #1
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Treme Season 3 - ** spoilers to date **

Methinks this is last season of Treme.

There's a lot of revisits to the same stories.

Sonny is off the wagon.

DJ Davis is doing a music project and getting fired from / quitting his job at the NPR station.

Toni is chasing corrupt cops.

Lt. Terry is chasing corrupt cops.

Nelson is making deals.

Big Chief Lambreaux is getting ready for Mardi Gras.

Ladonna is running the bar.

Antoine is teaching music.

Janette is being a chef. I was sure that Jacque was going to walk as an illegal. He had a panicked look in his eyes when that management lady laid down the law.

But Man, I love dat music! I bought the soundtrack CDs for the first two seasons.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by MikeAndrews : 10-31-2012 at 08:36 PM.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:21 PM   #2
Odds Bodkins
Doug's Dad

Season has had it's high points: Ep. 2

And many low ones: most everything else.

Most of the story threads just aren't going anywhere... or anywhere exciting. Even if it comes back for season 4, I'm probably done. Also, Annie is the worst singer in TV history.
Odds Bodkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:35 PM   #3
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

One thing that amazes me is the contrast of the real actors to the real folks. You watch "Janette" and "Antoine" work with real chefs and musicians and you see what acting is as opposed to delivering the lines. It's a lot harder than it looks. Actors can make it look natural. The real folks can't make it look natural.

The exception is that most of the real school kids do a really good job.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:54 PM   #4
Mabes
Ex-Smoker

Guess we're the only 3 watching. I've liked but not loved the show.

In the last EP I saw Janette was serving dishes to her partner and several others before the restaurant opening and she didn't look happy. Why, did she feel like she was being treated as just an employee instead of a partner?
Mabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:54 AM   #5
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabes View Post
Guess we're the only 3 watching. I've liked but not loved the show.

In the last EP I saw Janette was serving dishes to her partner and several others before the restaurant opening and she didn't look happy. Why, did she feel like she was being treated as just an employee instead of a partner?
She doesn't like things getting out her control, like the crab ravioli orders going bonkers thanks to the one review. She doesn't want to be a one trick pony.

What Emeril told her was to consider whether she wanted to have 20 seat place she could love or the aggravation of the big time like he has where you have the lack of control and madness.

It was a shock to me that an Antoine Batiste would think that he couldn't play modern jazz. I never realized how much more I should appreciate the chops on those guys who play it.

Donald Harrison is coming to town here.
UVerse and OTA

Old 11-26-2012, 08:25 PM   #6
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Was "Tippatina" the last episode of the season (or ever?)

They wrapped up a few threads with happier times than I would have imagined.

That benefit for GiGi's was a hoot. Think about it. Almost the entire cast was there. They only missed Terry, Sophia and Mom. It was funny that Davis never talked to Janine.

It looked like Annie Tee wasn't leaving Davis...or where they packing all of her stuff? She just had to go on the road with the band and hated leaving Davis again.
UVerse and OTA

Old 11-26-2012, 08:54 PM   #7
kaszeta
Fjohürs Lykkewe

Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post
Was "Tippatina" the last episode of the season (or ever?)

They wrapped up a few threads with happier times than I would have imagined.
It was the season finale. There's going to be a half-season more, but when they filmed the episode it hadn't yet been renewed, so it's one of those "season finales where we partially wrap it up in case this is it" deals.

Interestingly, I didn't realize the guy getting killed by the cop and the car torched right by the police station actually happened.
kaszeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:55 AM   #8
cheesesteak
Meh.

I just finished watching seven episodes in two days. I don't know why I let so many build up. I really like the show. There's very little plot development but I really like the characters.

Except Sonny. Does anybody give a crap about him? I don't. He's a totally superfluous character. At least Nelson Hildago ties a couple of story lines together. His character has a purpose.

As posted earlier, Annie T. is a horrible singer. Turrible, just turrible.

I hope La Donna gets some justice and some revenge next season. I thought she was going to ask Big Chief Lambreaux for some help on the revenge front once they became close friends. Speaking of La Donna, who leaves their own benefit party early? And where was her husband during the party.

Antoine Batiste is the best character on the show. This is the second show I've seen Wendell Pierce in and it's the second show that he plays the best and most memorable character.

Looks like Janette and her partner have some issues that need to be worked out. He turned into a dick mighty fast.

I don't really know why but I was disappointed that Emeril dropped the f-bomb in an episode. I don't know David Chang from a can of paint so I didn't care that his character cursed every other word. Emeril f-bombing kinda hurt my feelings.

The metal band vignettes totally sucked. I'm not a big New Orleans trad jazz band stuff or Annie's bayou stuff but I can endure it. Men growling into a microphone, not so much.

I hope Colson helps Antoinette tear the NOPD a new one.

It looked like Annie moved out to me.

Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote