TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-15-2012, 10:36 PM   #1
Smeade99

Tivo Premier and Slingbox Pro-HD - Slingbox remote problem

I got the Tivo Premier and love it - I thought is would be great to watch it everywhere with a slingbox. I set the slingbox up and the video and audio are excellent on the component input on the sling viewer but I can't use the remote (so if it is on the channel I want that's great) - I can't change channels or access the Tivo to get recorded shows
It would be nice to actually control the Tivo.
I understand I will have to get the "non web based" sling viewer and download a binary code into a folder. I have two Tivos so the one controlling the premier Tivo is set at remote 1. Is there a slingbox Tivo Premier remote setting 1 binary download out there?
Smeade99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:27 PM   #2
bananaman

Just use the TiVo Series 3 remotes, which are available with different addresses. The colored ABCD buttons are missing, but everything else works.

You CAN use the "non web based" SlingPlayer and download the custom remotes, but its a PITA.

Not sure why Sling Media hasn't added TiVo Premiere remotes. We've been asking for them for almost two years.
bananaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:35 PM   #3
Eamus Catuli

Take a look at:

http://placeshiftingenthusiasts.com/...or-slingbox-2/

Quote:
Not sure why Sling Media hasn't added TiVo Premiere remotes. We've been asking for them for almost two years.
Unreal. It seems Sling Media has the remote codes for every device except for the ones you actually need.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:02 PM   #4
elliott9

Big Grin hallelujah!

Looks like this has been resolved. Just picked out the remote code for Tivo Premiere Elite and not only does it work but the ABCD buttons work too!
elliott9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:31 AM   #5
aaronwt
HD Addict

I got the SlingBox 350 at launch back in October. I never had any problem controlling my TiVos with it.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:18 AM   #6
jcthorne

The Series 4 remotes do not appear to have versions available for more than one tivo, ie tivo2, tivo3 etc like the older series remotes that Slingbox has. How to use the slingbox with more than one Tivo Premiere?

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote